• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Just wow.... his golf game must be the worst
-----
Trump likes golf a little too much... wait a minute..

Golf .... basment... There's something going on at maralogo!

Right? If they were actually paying for the wall I'd think that Trump would try and stick them with as big of a bill as possible.

Yeah why would he care?

Although to be fair, I don't think most Trumpkins believe that shit.
It's just to rally the troops.

LOL @ at reporters locked in the basement.

KingK

Trump's possible replacement for Spicer thinks that Bernie is similar to Hitler (who killed Bernie's relatives and ancestors).

C4Ws5r5WQAALafc.jpg

Things are going to get more deranged.
So there's finally something poliGAF and a potential Trump pick agree on?

kirblar

TPP has some real good parts.

If they had just kept out the piracy/data/copyright stuff.

Obama also did a piss poor job explaining what TPP is to the public.
It wouldn't have mattered. Populists don't want data, they want their feelings validated, and their feelings are xenophobic at best, racist at worst.

Considering that Bibi is a crook who is under investigation for serious crimes, will the GOP have the basic sense not to slobber over his nuts this week with him coming to visit?

"I fucking love Israeli Richard Nixon!" is not a winning message I think?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
That's no reason not to make an effort. And its counter productive if the default narrative is that its back-room dealing filled with negative repercussions that had to be kept from public scrutiny.

Obamacare is complex too, but that conversation eventually got started in earnest once Obama and others decided to bring the case to the people.

And Obamacare is, at best, a 50/50 approval rating? And it was worse before it even started bumping into problems caused by our inability to tweak it?

Complex things will never be popular or favorable. They're not intuitive or easy to explain. They are, however, easy to separate the benefits of the program from the program because people are stupid.

Pixieking

Banned
lol? On what planet is John Oliver pro-establishment? If for no other reason than Trump - as POTUS - is now the establishment, and like hell John Oliver is pro-Trump. :D

kirblar

lol? On what planet is John Oliver pro-establishment? If for no other reason than Trump - as POTUS - is now the establishment, and like hell John Oliver is pro-Trump. :D
In a world where "establishment" is quickly joining the ranks of "neoliberal" to mean "thing I dont like."

sazzy

RT is pissed that he's done more segments on Putin/Russia than the US military etc .

basically, john oliver hurt putin's feelings

kirblar

Populism can take many forms and can be both threatening and corrective . It can overthrow dictators. It can be exploited by dictators. Trump's brand of populism is just one form it can take.
Both Bernie and Trump ran as populists. Bernie would not have been close to as bad as Trump, but it still would have created serious problems.

Populism is eternally shit because the idea that the "common man" knows better on a gigantic spectrum of specialized concepts is completely insane.

@EuropeElects:
UK: (Favourable / Unfavourable) towards... (ComRes poll),

May: 41 / 32
Merkel: 28 / 33
Trump: 14 / 68
Putin: 7 / 68

Huh. Those are actually really interesting numbers. Says to me that while the UK is definitely anti-EU and all in on Brexit, they're still very much against the Global Alliance of Right Wing Dickbags.

JP_

Banned
Both Bernie and Trump ran as populists. Bernie would not have been close to as bad as Trump, but it still would have created serious problems.

Populism is eternally shit because the idea that the "common man" knows better on a gigantic spectrum of specialized concepts is completely insane.
Sanders' populism is about taxing the rich and fighting crony capitalism to make society more equitable. It's not about letting average joe make policy or that the "common man" knows better, just that the "common man" deserves better.

Obama understands the difference between their forms of populism too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acOx0AxWlZI

@EuropeElects:
UK: (Favourable / Unfavourable) towards... (ComRes poll),

May: 41 / 32
Merkel: 28 / 33
Trump: 14 / 68
Putin: 7 / 68

The Schulz: 99 / 1

Seriously though, Putin being so low is surprising in a positive way. But please, UK, could you just stop with that weird love you still have for May? I mean, I know that the alternatives are even worse with the second brass of the current government being mostly hopeless buffoons and Corbyn being utterly shit as leader of the opposition. But still... sheesh!

kirblar

The Schulz: 99 / 1

Seriously though, Putin being so low is surprising in a positive way. But please, UK, could you just stop with that weird love you still have for May? I mean, I know that the alternatives are even worse with the second brass of the current government being mostly hopeless buffoons and Corbyn being utterly shit as leader of the opposition. But still... sheesh!
May's at least capable of running a government, even if she has no spine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom