• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
The morning news isn't reporting the Russia stuff so I guess it's not interesting.

YgNjw4T.gif

chadskin

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Fuuuucckkkking whaaaaattt tttthheeee hhhhheeelllll iiiisssss happpennninnnggggg

This is insane. My retroactive feelings about how Obama handled this has reached critical mass and become a black hole of anger! Why are we talking about this in the context of political theater when it's actually about our country's national security first and foremost?

If direct collusion with a foreign power to destroy your political opponent doesn't qualify as treasonous enough behavior to merit an official presidential response than what does?

Because Obama didn't want to appear as if he was affecting the election.

It all goes back to the "They go low, we go high" mantra that I think hurt democrats this election. It's politics. You have to play the game.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That Trump tweet about Hillary. Completely nonsensical.

Much better overall poll for Trump from Morning Consult

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/poll-trump-democrats-elizabeth-warren-235026

Despite the public's increasing misgivings about Trump's behavior and tactics in the White House, he still beats Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) in a hypothetical matchup, 42 percent to 36 percent

Trump is, however, maintaining relatively higher approval numbers in the POLITICO/Morning Consult poll than in other public surveys. Forty-nine percent of voters approve of the job he's doing as president in the new poll, and 45 percent disapprove.

UberTag

The more he runs his mouth and lies, the more the intelligence community will leak. This is a war he can't win
Depends on whether Trump can get to the leaks before the leaks can get to the truth that is unequivocally damning and can't be so easily denied or spun away from.

sazzy

grGFmoZ.png

I thought he might start sucking up to the IC and the leaks might stop but.... noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump

Information is being illegally given to the failing @nytimes & @washingtonpost by the intelligence community (NSA and FBI?).Just like Russia

So Trump just verified the info...

I also like that he says it's "just like Russia" which leads me to believe he doesn't understand the political system in Russia at all. People who leak information in Russia end up in the locked trunk of their car from a tragic 18 stabwound in the back suicide, and then their loved ones mysteriously vanish...

I also like that he says it's "just like Russia" which leads me to believe he doesn't understand the political system in Russia at all. People who leak information in Russia end up in the locked trunk of their car from a tragic 18 stabwound in the back suicide, and then their loved ones mysteriously vanish...

Well Trump has only been in office a few weeks, give him a chance

Jesse Rodriguez ‏@JesseRodriguez 27m27 minutes ago

.@SenBobCorker just now on @Morning_Joe: "The question is whether the White House is going to be able to stabilize itself."

How long before Republicans in Congress feel unhinged to the WH?

Plinko

Now Trump is attacking NSA and FBI again?

Oh, yeah, this is going to work out REAL well for him.

UberTag

Now Trump is attacking NSA and FBI again?

Oh, yeah, this is going to work out REAL well for him.
I have to believe this is intentional. He's trying to suss out the elements in each organization that don't hold him in high regard. He needs more info to get leaked so he can isolate where it's coming from.

Pixieking

Banned
I have to believe this is intentional. He's trying to suss out the elements in each organization that don't hold him in high regard. He needs more info to get leaked so he can isolate where it's coming from.

We must be into 4-figure-D chess by now. "Trump is a master manipulator! He's playing 7489D chess with the intelligence services!"

If he's trying to suss out the FBI, he's completely lost it, considering just after the election there was an article calling it Trumpland.

Plinko

The problem for him is that he is basically attacking the entire intelligence community. That does nothing but turn them against him.

Pixieking

Banned
Mr.Shrugglesツ;230357262 said:

Hahah! Oh, how have I not seen that before?

Related: I keep on trying to smush "no puppet" into The Prodigy's Firestarter. It really doesn't scan, but my brain won't stop.

Wilsongt

1h
Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
Thank you to Eli Lake of The Bloomberg View - "The NSA & FBI...should not interfere in our politics...and is" Very serious situation for USA

Hbdksonhsikdnfkfoabsbdjdlakdndhdhaksjxndjslaldhbjsjdhdjajdfjfjfnd

Chococat

I know it not the most important part of what is going on now but, I wonder when Hillary relieved the "grab them by the puss", the reason Trump visible freaked out on stage was because Russia has similar tapes?

Blader

"The NSA and FBI should not interfere in our politics" is a very strange thing to say after you just spent over a year both praising and complaining about the FBI's investigation of Hillary Clinton.

Jacce

Banned
So that new thread about Democratic town halls in the OT is full of "fuck the Democratic Party", I am voting third party over the corporate democrats, unless Mancin is primaried the DNC is just as bad, etc nonsense.

How after Trump is so many on the left still saying these things?

Wilsongt

"The NSA and FBI should not interfere in our politics" is a very strange thing to say after you just spent over a year both praising and complaining about the FBI's investigation of Hillary Clinton.

And encouraging the IC to investigate her. Dude is just saying shit right now. Maybe he's in panic mode.

kmag

So that new thread about Democratic town halls in the OT is full of "fuck the Democratic Party", I am voting third party over the corporate democrats, unless Mancin is primaries the DNC is just as bad, etc nonsense.

How after Trump is so many on the left still saying these things? How? How How?

Because fundamentally parts of the left are far more concerned with purity tests than anything else. The rabid right by and large are happier to get power then twist arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom