• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like the Alt-Right is correct and the Jews do control everything, rigging it against the Muslim

I'm not actually salty, just kind of annoyed

also surprised SBB moved to support Perez, probably got something out of it?

Oh well, that's how it goes. Same old same. The people that lost everything want to continue in control of everything cause they have the power to do so.

kirblar

looks like the Alt-Right is correct and the Jews do control everything, rigging it against the Muslim

I'm not actually salty, just kind of annoyed

also surprised SBB moved to support Perez, probably got something out of it?
The thing w/ Mayor Pete was disastrous. They probably would have lost anyway, but that all but guaranteed it. That was guaranteed to piss fence-sitters off.

ezekial45

Banned
is this for real? why would anyone possibly think this is important enough to warrant a reaction that's not :farttttt

I feel like I can express how disappointing it for Ellison to have lost. I don't have any problems with Perez, really, just that he's really bland and doesn't come across as a guy with some fresh ideas. He seems really safe, to a fault. Which I feel is not the way we should go.

Still, I'm glad that Ellison is deputy chair at least. He should absolutely be up there in DNC leadership is some form.

The irony of a Bernie supporter saying this is fantastic

Should everyone have just bowed out of the race to let Ellison be anointed DNC chair?

Nah. But if Perez and Ellison were basically the same, then I don't understand what need there was to run Perez. Other than a petty power play that will keep the party divided.

BiggNife

I feel like I can express how disappointing it for Ellison to have lost. I don't have any problems with Perez, really, just that he's really bland and doesn't come across as a guy with some fresh ideas. He seems really safe, to a fault. Which I feel is not the way we should go.

Still, I'm glad that Ellison is deputy chair at least. He should absolutely be up there in DNC leadership is some form.
Perez has almost the same plans for the DNC that Ellison did

Ellison wanted a plan for every county, Perez wants a plan for every zip code

It's the same thing

tbm24

Nah. But if Perez and Ellison were basically the same, then I don't understand what need there was to run Perez. Other than a petty power play that will keep the party divided.
Would love to know what Perez has done to warrant any sort of division.

Obama won his primary and both his presidential elections.

I highly doubt this is the attitude you took in June 2016.
Of course not cause much has changed since then. Only a fool would have the same attitude with all the negative shit that are impacting the lives of everyone here. Do you?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
For the record, I don't really have much problem with Perez. I quite like the guy - you might remember I was suggesting him as an alternative to Tim "Who?" Kaine as Clinton's VP choice. I'm not really disappointed Perez as a person is DNC chair. However, I think the open and obvious rejection of a candidate who clearly had more popular support from the party grassroots was an absolutely terrible message to send. It just cements the DNC as out of touch and encourages disengagement.

Ellison as Vice Chair is good.

For the record, I don't really have much problem with Perez. I quite like the guy - you might remember I was suggesting him as an alternative to Tim "Who?" Kaine as Clinton's VP choice. I'm not really disappointed Perez as a person is DNC chair. However, I think the open and obvious rejection of a candidate who clearly had more popular support from the party grassroots was an absolutely terrible message to send. It just cements the DNC as out of touch and encourages disengagement.

Yeah that was always the problem with Perez.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
GAF is fire today.

Don't really see why. I didn't vote Corbyn, and having seen the firsthand struggles of Labour probably does give me a pretty good idea of what is and is not a stupid thing to do.

If this is really how little it takes to disengage people with Trump as president we are fucked either way

They aren't *exactly* the same, but every DNC candidate is going to be talking about a 50-state strategy. Experience, personality, etc all matter. Perez was able to convince people and Ellison couldn't despite early momentum and big endorsements from all wings of the party.

Again, the irony in your statement is palpable coming from a Bernie supporter.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If this is really how little it takes to disengage people with Trump as president we are fucked either way

You need to stop taking people for granted. "The other guy is worse" isn't enough.

yeah this basically

it's like, right, it's not a big deal but it's clearly saying "we don't want your input or involvement, just your votes"

I'm not going to start voting Republican or Green because of this, I'm just annoyed.

Always love when people who aren't even in the party are the first to declare it's dead when they don't get their way.

A good candidate was going to win today either way. Grats to Perez. Now time to get to work.

Yep, I'm content with Perez winning. The "liberal wing" are acting like children it's a bad idea to follow their lead. I'm sure some will throw a hissy fit and keep on wishing everything falls apart because they didn't get their way, withdraw and do other self destructive things just so they can say they say "I told you so."

You need to stop taking people for granted. "The other guy is worse" isn't enough.

I agree with this, but Perez is a very liberal candidate who will do just as good of a job as Ellison would have. If electing him DNC chair is what disengages people than at some point they were going to become disengaged either way

We said this before the election and it fucked us

No having a bad candidate with years of baggage and a Russian campaign fucked us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom