• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Perez is one literal vote away from winning?
Nice job with that text, Ellison camp.

(The Hill is also reporting the story.)
A DNC member forwarded The Hill a text from the Ellison campaign touting a Buttigieg endorsement: "Keith is grateful to have the support of Mayor Buttigieg and we're in a strong position to win on the next ballot. Can he count on your support?"

The problem: Buttigieg did not publicly endorse Ellison, sowing confusion among members. Two sources have told The Hill that the Ellison camp has corrected the erroneous text.

I just wish Ellison won because it would satisfy the Bernie Busters

On the contrary, ideologues are never satisfied. There is always a further level of establishment/conspiracy/power that is holding them back.

Perfect example from the opposite side is the apparently all-powerful deep state that is somehow fighting against the apparently powerless POTUS.

Maybe for the immediate future, but would it for the long-term future? I'm not so sure - they'd find something new to complain about as rigged (despite Ellison basically being the Hillary Clinton of the DNC election)

edit: looking at the total endorsements, if Ellison loses he really messed up. If he couldn't win this I'm not sure why anyone would have faith in him to win other elections.

Also noticed that Kander didn't endorse anyone. Smart move on his part

Tarydax

Banned

Yikes, that's just low.

An Ellison win would have angered the Obama-Biden crowd, though. One way or another, the proxy war was going to leave one side unsatisfied. Besides, Bernie or Busters will never be happy.

I wish Mayor Pete had won, but I think Perez is a solid choice on his own.

I think Ellison would be a fine organizer, which is what DNC chair needs to do well.

Perez will be a better fund raiser.

I hope both ban corporate and lobbyist donations.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I mean Ellison and Perez are friends, couldn't Perez give him a position in outreach and organizing pretty easily?

Edit: he wouldn't even have to quit his gig since it wouldn't have the total DNC to steer.

Pixieking

Banned
It's actually somewhat surprising that there isn't a CPAC equivalent on the left.

I was thinking about this earlier. I think partly it's the infighting, but also partly it's because there's so many disparate elements of the left. Within the left you have: LGBTQ rights, mental health advocacy, education including-but-not-limited-to Special Educational Needs and disability rights, healthcare, gun rights, abortion rights, equal pay, paid family leave, higher taxes on the rich...

I mean, there's more, but I just gave up typing. And it doesn't help that the tech-sector's left just noodles away in Silicon Valley, without really getting into politics. The tech sector could theoretically be the Left's NRA, but noooooooooo...

Contrast with the right: pro gun, anti-abortion, anti environment, pro-God, lower taxes for the rich. That's pretty much it.

tl;dr: Left is like herding cats with a side-order of too many cooks.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Maybe for the immediate future, but would it for the long-term future? I'm not so sure - they'd find something new to complain about as rigged (despite Ellison basically being the Hillary Clinton of the DNC election)

edit: looking at the total endorsements, if Ellison loses he really messed up. If he couldn't win this I'm not sure why anyone would have faith in him to win other elections.

Also noticed that Kander didn't endorse anyone. Smart move on his part

It just goes to show how powerful Obama still is in the party.

Tall4Life

Ah yes this again, even though an article has been posted 3 times already proving that Ellison supporters were more in favor of Perez as a second choice than Perez supporters of Ellison as a second choice

Yes, Bernie's supporters are the bad guys yup yup yup

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
When Doves Cry is really interesting because of how little actual background music is in the song.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
why are you still here

V0NEG.gif

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
So if Perez and Ellison both go over 214.5, is the winner just decided by whoever has the most votes at that point?

Holmes

Yeah we seem to be at the point where you're a corporatist if you don't have the Sanders seal of approval. I prefer Ellison but Perez wouldn't be bad. This whole stupid contest has been turned into something bigger than it really and ever will be, and for what? The "symbolism"? So stupid. Fight for real things.

Zereta

This is a dumb fight. Ellison and Perez are both awesome picks (Mayor Pete pour one out for ya) Can't wait for this to finally end.

"i'm gonna bitch and fucking moan about one of three extremely qualified men not winning a vote for a position that only ever matters if you're as comically bad as DWS, because what the fuck else would i post? questions about organizing in minnesota? why would i ever contribute anything positive to political discussion on this site when i can just complain like i always do?" - literally what you sound like, erasure

Dean coming in with the last minute endorsement for Ellison

Now I'm Sally Boynton Brown or Bust though, let's see how the Democrats like it when they lose their Idaho support

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If Ellison wins I am voting for Donald Trump in 2018. We don't have any room for liberals in our party.

shem935

Banned
Dean with his single minded agenda of thwarting single payer has endorsed Ellison. Cunning bit of reverse psychology there Dean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom