• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that Green Party... so arent they up in arms with how Trump gives no shits about Climate Change? They don't seem to be clamoring for the spotlight like they were previously with all of the recount shenanigans.

So that Green Party... so arent they up in arms with how Trump gives no shits about Climate Change? They don't seem to be clamoring for the spotlight like they were previously with all of the recount shenanigans.

Just wanted to remind you that Putin is known not just for funding far right parties but also funding far left parties.

16195169_10211489037962807_1559629229553289974_n.jpg

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Trump's entire cabinet is a clown show. Is this really what happens when a party that goes off the rails takes power?

I'd be suprised if there is an America left before the midterms

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's been noted before (here and elsewhere) that the almost-single-issue nature of the GOP helps them tremendously with falling-in-line. Anti-abortion? Vote GOP. Pro-guns? Vote GOP. Deny or disbelieve climate change? Vote GOP. That last group is the most fluid in terms of being married to a single party, with the first group wedded to Republicans til the day they die. Trump proved that no matter how morally repugnant the candidate, Republican voters will fall in line, because they see their core values as immutable, unchanging - a war that will never end. Even if Roe is gone (as an example) they'll continue to vote R, partially because they see the beliefs of the party in-line with their own, and partially because a R president will help their agenda abroad.

Right, but that's not falling in love. They're voting for who they vote for because they think this person wants the same things they do. Notice that, in how you've described the Republicans, you have a strange harmony with how Sanders works - you don't tell people what you think you can do, you tell them about where your end-goal is. In truth, there's very little that Republicans can ever do to seriously challenge access to abortion at the underpinnings, only messing around with funding and clinic locations and the like. That doesn't stop them saying what they want is to end abortion - because they understand how powerful the appeal is of telling people about your principles and not your pragmatics.

Any political advisor who comes up with the idea that you should campaign on what you could definitely and absolutely achieve is an idiot. Especially because that would leave you with basically nothing to campaign on at all given how obstructionist American politics is at the moment. You end up with a nothing-campaign full of great big nothings. You're Jeb Bush by another name.

Diablos

Trump's entire cabinet is a clown show. Is this really what happens when a party that goes off the rails takes power?

I'd be suprised if there is an America left before the midterms
Sean Spicer is beyond clown status. He's a fucking Nazi and its amazing to me that even before the first official press conference he put on such an aggressive display. Like, it's scary stuff. And to think, this is just the beginning.

Very concerned about the economy and our security. These people lie so much. Trump's behavior at the CIA thing was strange. I don't think he is going to keep us safe. I think he's looking for anything to serve as catalyst to go to war.

Also I really think they are going to try and control as much as possible how information is obtained online. They so desperately yet aggresssively want to put an end to dissenters. Killing net neutrality is just the tip of the iceberg I fear.

FFS

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 17m17 minutes ago
More
Had a great meeting at CIA Headquarters yesterday, packed house, paid great respect to Wall, long standing ovations, amazing people. WIN!

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 4m4 minutes ago
More
Watched protests yesterday but was under the impression that we just had an election! Why didn't these people vote? Celebs hurt cause badly.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 3m3 minutes ago
More
Wow, television ratings just out: 31 million people watched the Inauguration, 11 million more than the very good ratings from 4 years ago!

Tomorrow the first full day of fuckery begins.

Remember that one ABC/WaPo poll showing Hillary +15 over Trump? Such innocent and fun times.

Does anyone know when DNC is going to release their autopsy?

geomon

‘The Veil Has Come Off’—Jill Stein Rallies Occupiers After Trump Inauguration

Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein told a crowd of supporters last night that President Donald Trump’s inauguration on Friday represented a “scary” moment in the country’s history—but said she was glad that the “veil has come off” and people are starting to turn against the“predatory bipartisan political system.”

Stein made the remarks at Occupy Inauguration‘s “Inaugurate the Resistance” event at Almas Temple. Just hours before, 500,000 people turned up in the nation’s capital for the Women’s March on Washington to protest the Republican agenda on healthcare, immigrant and the rights of racial and sexual minorities.

The Massachusetts physician, who did not attend the demonstration, called it a “revolution” that has been “in the cards for quite some time”—and that both major parties are to blame.

Just in case anyone was wondering what Jill Stein has been up to lately.

Diablos

Tomorrow the first full day of fuckery begins.

Remember that one ABC/WaPo poll showing Hillary +15 over Trump? Such innocent and fun times.

Does anyone know when DNC is going to release their autopsy?
Hillary ignored the rust belt while the FBI, Russia and Trump conspired against her. The end.

Wilsongt

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
Watched protests yesterday but was under the impression that we just had an election! Why didn't these people vote? Celebs hurt cause badly.

Peaceful protests are a hallmark of our democracy. Even if I don't always agree, I recognize the rights of people to express their views.

Did Kellyanne snatch the phone away?

Peaceful protests are a hallmark of our democracy. Even if I don't always agree, I recognize the rights of people to express their views.

Did Kellyanne snatch the phone away?

CxlRNV4UoAEOv8z.jpg

Chichikov

Finally ending the farce
The white house press corps should ban together (at least those who are willing) and make a rotation of who asks them about his taxes, so they face that every day.
I can understand why a reporter wouldn't want to waste what is probably his only question on something that they won't answer, but doing it once every couple of weeks should be doable.

The white house press corps should ban together (at least those who are willing) and make a rotation of who asks them about his taxes, so they face that every day.
I can understand why a reporter wouldn't want to waste what is probably his only question on something that they won't answer, but doing it once every couple of weeks should be doable.

That would be a great idea, but the press isn't going to organize itself to do that and 2) the WH will just say "we won, move along, sour grapes, etc" because they know there's some nasty stuff in there (never bought the audit crap).

Chumly

Welcome to the new America, where the facts are made up and the lies don't matter.
That's literally what she implied. If you attack trump or call him out she made it very clear that they will not apologize, not explain any actions but just flat out attack back for random shit to deflect anything they do

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Welcome to the new America, where the facts are made up and the lies don't matter.

Remember in 2012 when Biden took on Ryan in the VP debate, and every time Ryan said something that was blatantly false, Biden's facial expressions and actions showed the ridiculousness of the situation?

We NEED people to do more of that. That's why I'm pushing Biden 2020 right now. I want people that will be visibly up in arms about it instead of trying calm reactions with polite retorts.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Graham just said on CBS that he is voting for Tillerson. Looks like he's getting thru. Little Marco will fold.

You forgot the "SHOCKING NEWS." Every single pick will get through. Every one.

Remember: RNC was hacked. No information was leaked. They still have this information and are going to be blackmailing everyone.

kess

Remember in 2012 when Biden took on Ryan in the VP debate, and every time Ryan said something that was blatantly false, Biden's facial expressions and actions showed the ridiculousness of the situation?

We NEED people to do more of that. That's why I'm pushing Biden 2020 right now. I want people that will be visibly up in arms about it instead of trying calm reactions with polite retorts.

That's what Biden was so good as a debater, because he understood appeals to morality. Lying is wrong, and Ryan is wrong. Bingo.

I really think picking Kaine was a huge strategic mistake because he couldn't provide that kind of clarity. He got in some decent hits but never effectively reacted to pence's obvious mendacity and cornpone theatrics.

"Listen, you're also not saying that that picture was taken before he was even speaking," Priebus interrupted. "I could take a picture of the Mall right now—"

I was disappointed that Wallace didn't call him out on this particular bullshit. The Trump crowd photo clearly shows the smaller crowds while Trump is pictured on the big screens speaking:

imSArqJ.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Any time some big name republican gives hints he might not vote for some administration candidate, they are doing this just to preserve a sense of authority and power that Trump took away from them. It's just a way to save face in front of their electorate because the guy who never spent a day as a politician and crushed their future aspirations by attacking became their boss and president.

Rubio, McCain, they just don't want to look like cucks.

Was wondering this while watching Chuck Todd. "Falsehood." Just say he lied.

When exactly is the point when the media is going to be willing to pull off the band-aid with this administration?

I realize they're not used to being in an antagonistic relationship with the White House, but this has gone beyond the pale.

UberTag

Any time some big name republican gives hints he might not vote for some administration candidate, they are doing this just to preserve a sense of authority and power that Trump took away from them. It's just a way to save face in front of their electorate because the guy who never spent a day as a politician and crushed their future aspirations by attacking became their boss and president.

If it looks like a cuck, swims like a cuck, and quacks like a cuck, then it probably is a cuck.

Plinko

Lmo911

The party that complains the most about political correctness just used the term "Alternate-Fact" to explain why they lied at a press conference yesterday.

I don't even.

nitronite

If it gives you any consolation, now that McCain and Graham have declared their voting intentions, the easiest way for Rubio to not look like a cuck would be to vote against Tillerson in the committee. And while he would still have the necessary votes in the senate, there will have to be a one week delay before it can vote.

This article is a good explanation of the current predicament of our country.

Summary:

A shrinking number of counties is accounting for a rising proportion of America's wealth. Partisan affiliation is breaking along this population/productivity divide in a way that suggests that America's moral and political culture has been polarizing along this divide, as well. Given the specific counter-majoritarian mechanisms in the U.S. constitution, this is a recipe for political dominance of the less economically productive conservative white minority, who control most of the country's territory, over the liberal multicultural majority who live in increasingly concentrated urban centers of wealth. To the extent that increasing economic security is liberalizing and stagnation and decline tend toward an illiberal, zero-sum survival mindset, this amounts to a recipe for the political imposition of relatively illiberal policy on an increasingly liberal and increasingly economically powerful cities. This is not a stable situation, and bodes ill for the future of American freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom