• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
You silly thing. You're proving my point. I mean, just look at that last sentence. Rather than, you know, asking me if I voted for Trump (spoiler:
I didn't, and never would
), you come up with some fake probability based, ultimately, on your own hatred for people who don't think like you.

I mean, you called my girlfriend a murderer so I don't think I am the person with a hatred problem, duder.

I just think statistics are much more accurate than your posts.

It's one thing to fall in line but Republicans are throwing away everything they've been fighting for foreign policy wise for decades

Luckily Mattis is also there so maybe they think he can balance the pro Russia cabinet

Lo-Volt

Does it actually matter?

I mean, it's like euthanasia for the ailing two-state solution. And I think Mahmoud Abbas will be even harder pressed by Palestinians thoroughly disenchanted with the situation in the territories and in Jerusalem. I think anyone, Israeli or Palestinian, who still advocates for a moderate solution to the occupation is going to run out of ammunition after this one.

If the status of Jerusalem were totally resolved and a sovereign Palestinian government could be negotiated to deal with the move, maybe it's not as big a deal. But in the current situation, this is one more cruel taunt. And it isn't like the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem will be easy to defend either. It would become an obvious terrorist target because it's so insensitively placed.

UberTag

If the crowds reached the Washington Monument during Trump's speech, shouldn't it be relatively easy for Trump's people to find a photo of it and blast it everywhere? Regardless of the approval ratings of Trump and the media (and whether this strategy is "brilliant" by Trump), are we assuming that people's critical thinking skills are low enough to not recognize that Trump is clearly the one lying here if his people can't produce photographic proof of his claim?
Pretty much. Yep. This 100%.
If Trump told them the sky was green and not blue, they'd convince themselves of that too.

"Green is a shade of blue." They'd argue.
"Trump is just color blind. It looks green to him. Why are you shaming his disability?" They'd counter.

Prove it. I've already linked you to the approximate time when that would have happened. You've held this delusion for long enough. Go find that post or admit that mental filter has misled you.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=187083467&postcount=18931

Also, why do you like Clarence Thomas considering that he's a sexual abuser.

Also, this post includes a "this is why our politics are so polarized, tsk tsk" sentence from a man who likes Clarence Thomas, the irony just stabbed me.

Valhelm

contribute something
It's one thing to fall in line but Republicans are throwing away everything they've been fighting for foreign policy wise for decades

Luckily Mattis is also there so maybe they think he can balance the pro Russia cabinet

They're absolutely spineless. All the GOP cares about is maintaining the current distribution of power.

royalan

Why did I just get an ad on CNN asking me to call my senator to demand that "Civil Rights Leader" Jeff Sessions be confirmed?

The spin from Trump's team is that Trump wasn't playing the media, but was instead setting up Spicer to humiliate himself so he could fire Spicer because Trump doesn't like Spicer and was pressured into giving him the job by Reince.

There are way more fun conspiracies than "uh uh, Trump is using this to distract away from the fact that his ties are too short, uh."

royalan

McCain and Graham are single issue politicians and that single issue is neoconservativism.

Tillerson might be a stooge and is completely incompetent.

This is like is President Cory Booker decided to nominate an anti public schools dude (who was also really just not intelligent) for Secretary of Education and then Warren voted yes.

Or if President Booker decided to nominate a pro guns-in-school Secretary of Education and Chris Murphy voted to confirm that guy.

Exactly.

We can understand the motivations, but that doesn't absolve them. Republicans are scum who rutinely put party before country. It's especially disgusting now, when putting party before country almost explicitly means putting Russia before country.

Meta, do you consider aborting a fetus at four weeks to be murder.

Let's just do this straight up instead of dancing around and you playing devil's advocate or some shit for things you apparently don't endorse or support.

Tillerson is awful but I guess it's probably only because of Rand Paul that we aren't getting a bomb throwing SoS who would tell Trump to assassinate the Prime Minister of Malaysia or something

Or maybe he'll still do that. Idk.

Probably a trap.

Wikileaks wants people to give them the tax returns so that they can remove any connections with Russia like they did when they leaked documents on Assad.

More likely it's just an easy way to try to get some of their credibility as a neutral/non-partisan truth-seeking organization back, since their reputation has taken a major hit during the past year (though they couldn't resist the gratuitous Clinton reference, anyway!). They know Trump will never willingly release those tax documents and it's unlikely anyone at the IRS will leak them, so there's no real danger of anything coming out, even if there's anything in them.

Okay, I'm just going to say, I understand though disagree with the atheist concerns with abortion, but I do not understand the Christian concerns with abortion at all.

So, let's take two assumptions of Christian mythology; that God creates souls and gives them to zygotes at the moment of conception and that God can control the passage of souls after death of the soul's host.

.... Why can't God just retrieve the soul of the dead "baby" after an abortion and then put it into the next zygote that forms? Why can't at the moment of next conception, he just puts off on creating a new soul and just uses the soul of the aborted? And in that case... who is harmed by abortion?

sphagnum

Banned
Okay, I'm just going to say, I understand though disagree with the atheist concerns with abortion, but I do not understand the Christian concerns with abortion at all.

So, let's take two assumptions of Christian mythology; that God creates souls and gives them to zygotes at the moment of conception and that God can control the passage of souls after death of the soul's host.

.... Why can't God just retrieve the soul of the dead "baby" after an abortion and then put it into the next zygote that forms? Why can't at the moment of next conception, he just puts off on creating a new soul and just uses the soul of the aborted? And in that case... who is harmed by abortion?

Scripture doesn't indicate that that happens, so it's pointless to bring up.

Here's the only aspects of antiabortion rhetoric I agree with:

- I take issue with any abortions that are done because the parents want a boy instead of a girl
- I think it is fair to compare a fetus to a person once that fetus reaches the viability stage (lung development; 21 week point) (But the life and well-being of the mother should still precedence over the fetus always).

It probably won't happen in my lifetime, but I hope that later on there is a "Roe v Wade" version 2 that reclarifies the law with regards to the fetus by:

1) Making it just a universal 22 week limit instead of this trimester stuff.

2) Noting that the life and health of the mother ALWAYS takes precedence over the fetus.

3) Defining any kind of forcing a woman to carry a fetus to term as assault (because it shows intent to cause physical trauma on the mother)

sphagnum

Banned
But God's Power Level implies that it should be possible.

Should be able to doesn't mean will. God should also have been able to send Jesus in the 21st century when there are cameras and the internet to spread his message with proof, but he didn't.

The argument has to be based in what scripture says (or what holy tradition says as well for the High Churches) not on what hypothetically could be the case. Of course, they don't always follow that rule themselves, but that's the argument you will get.

I realize you're not actually interested in theology but you're basically asking "why isn't reincarnation a part of Christianity".

There's plenty of hypocrisy from evangelicals wrt abortion but this is not a real gotcha question.

sphagnum

Banned
I realize you're not actually interested in theology but you're basically asking "why isn't reincarnation a part of Christianity".

There's plenty of hypocrisy from evangelicals wrt abortion but this is not a real gotcha question.

If only they'd listened to Origen, we wouldn't be in this mess!

I mean, it (reincarnation) does seem to be a fair question based on God's powers.

Wilsongt

Since we are in the alternate facts universe, then my alternate fact of the day is that the DNC deprived us of Bernie Sanders and is why Trump was elected.

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/823265701544726528

@TheOnion

"I must do these foul deeds to free Papa, thinking only of his pained, spectral face slowly disappearing behind that lantern glass."

C2zTXVuWIAEz_LA.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Christianity started with God splitting a part of himself off that became human so that part could be sacrificed to end a law God created.
Sorry, but the sacrifice of Jesus it's a not such a thing. We have been conditioned to think of it as such. But Jesus never really sacrificed his life. He always knew he would be back in an even more perfect body. So where's the sacrifice there?

If I give all my money today with the certainty of getting an even greater sum am I sacrificing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom