• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see him standing a chance at a statewide election here, but if he ever runs I'll campaign for him like crazy.

In a good year, he could probably win the Governor's Mansion, maybe 2020?

He and Kander are pretty similar, wouldn't shock me to see them both come out of 2020 being Governors of Indiana and Missouri.

In the grand scheme of things voting for a few of Trump's cabinet picks (and not the worst ones like Tillerson or Sessions) who will pass anyway isn't really worth getting that angry about. This isn't some major betrayal on the part of Brown or Warren.

You know I knew the EPA was going to be in danger but it's almost impressive how quickly they are going after them along with the rest of federal agencies.

He can move quickly to try and destroy the federal government but I'll be happy if he never has an actual piece of constructive legislation actually passed

Indiana is a tough state to win as a Democrat, but I will say that Mayor Pete is a very gifted politician and he could probably take the governor's race in a good cycle, especially as legislative supermajorities might make voters a little more willing to consider voting Democratic. Depending on national trends and Eric Holcomb's approvals, that cycle could be 2020.

I'm pretty sure that the people of Chicago actually just want fire-hoses turned on the striking police officers and do not want this.

If Chicago doesn't fix the horrible "carnage" going on, 228 shootings in 2017 with 42 killings (up 24% from 2016), I will send in the Feds!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/824080766288228352

(Police in Chicago have been refusing to do their jobs because they're butthurt about people calling them racist for murdering black people)

It looks like Trump was just watching TV again and made a wild threat without paying attention to anything except TV.

C2-7zcCXAAIvnlQ.jpg

The Chinese government could hack into Trump's android phone, fire off a "we will start a bombing run against North Korea tomorrow!" tweet, and get NK to nuke SK based on that tweet if the Chinese government wanted to.

Or any sociopath hacker edgelord.

Has to make the people of South Korea feel good.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Isn't the big worry that a hacking group could hack his phone and use it to start a national incident?

And he's still using his personal phone?

Please tell me there is no loop hole this fucker found to actually let him get that wall built

As far as my understanding goes this was an article from November that answered the question:

Well, Trump could cite existing law enacted by Congress in both 2008 and 2010 to build the wall along the border. But he would need to figure out a way to pay for it.
If Mexico refuses to pay for it, then he'd have to turn to Congress to appropriate money -- something he could try to do through the Department of Homeland Security's annual funding bill. However, he would need to overcome a likely Democratic filibuster -- meaning he would need 60 votes in the Senate, requiring Democratic support.

And even if got funding, that's the easy part. The hard part is overcoming the myriad of lawsuits that would almost certainly ensue. The wall have to pass a number of federal environmental reviews -- a process that usually takes years and gets tied up in courts.
The wall would also have to be constructed through private property -- especially in Texas -- and those cases would have to be settled in court. Then there's Native American tribal land along the border. Either a deal would have to be cut with the tribes, or the wall would have to cut through a different section of Arizona instead to go around the sovereign land.
So many hurdles exist.

Please tell me there is no loop hole this fucker found to actually let him get that wall built

Unless they starts stealing state land, he's not getting very far without all the border states signing on.

Which wouldn't be a problem, they're all red states except New Mexico (who has a Republican governor), but then there's that one, rather large, west coast state that might give them a teeny bit of a problem.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Isn't the big worry that a hacking group could hack his phone and use it to start a national incident?

And he's still using his personal phone?

There's all kinds of issues with him using his own unsecured phone.

Also, yea. It looks like he's still using his own phone, which is not good.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This is just day 5. It is going to get a whole, whole lot worse.

royalan

What'd he do?
Be your typical establishment Dem who thinks "fighting the President's agenda" means whining about the things he said he wasn't going to do, in-between posing for pictures and occasionally voting Yes on his cabinet picks.

And people called Hillary tone-deaf.

The old guard needs to get the boot. Fuck this shit.

People seem to think that there won't be a nuclear war between Pakistan and India, but Modi was dumb enough to do demonetization so he seems dumb enough to launch the nukes.

How exactly is Trump going to get funds for the wall through executive action? He can't appropriate funds? What is he going to divert funds from?

It's going to happen, but it's hard to fathom this shit going on day in and day out for at least four years

I'm already feeling sick. I thought i was ready, but i wasnt even close to ready. It would be one thing if it were just horrendous polivy, but the idiocy makes it worse

Well I'm looking forward to the press conference tomorrow where Sean gets to explain all this crazy shit that's happened in the last three hours. You know, if he actually talks to anyone other than Breitbart, MakeAmericaGreatAgain.biz and LifeZette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom