• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
totally random, but does it bother anyone else that Dem fundraising emails use O instead of 0?

e.g. this Rob Quist email I got today

"But we HAVE to hit Monday’s 25,OOO donation ad buy goal to get the job done."

also the fucking subject lines are the most spammy things ever
"✴️ HUMILIATING UPDATE"
FRIEND, I have to tell you something

Also apparently Labrador gave this gem at the town hall I missed

K4B8Hw1.png

Wilsongt

On Wednesday, a customer service representative from the FDA’s Office of Facilities sent an email to staff informing them that TVs in a Silver Spring, Maryland office will now be exclusively turned to Fox News.

The email — a screencap of which was initially obtained and shared to Twitter by journalist Paul Thacker and later by BuzzFeed’s Julia Reinstein — was sent to “let everyone know” why TVs had been changed “from CNN to FOX.” It was sent to researchers at the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, the FDA branch that oversees medical products.

“A decision from the current administration administrative officials has requested that all monitors, under our control, on the White Oak Campus, display FOX news,” it says. “Sorry for the inconvenience, but I am unable to change any of the monitors to any other news source at this time.

Huh.

Official Channel of the President of the United States of America.

Zips

That Labrador guy just gives the same 'trust and believe in the invisible hand of the market' answer for everything.

Huh.

Official Channel of the President of the United States of America.

Fake news.

FDA Denies Trump Admin Directed Agency To Display Fox News On Its TVs

Employees at the Food and Drug Administration were told this week that the Trump administration had directed the agency to show Fox News rather than CNN on televisions at its White Oak, Maryland, campus, according to an internal email obtained by BuzzFeed News.

However, the FDA is denying that the administration sent any such directive.

“There was no directive or memorandum from the Administration that went out to employees about broadcast news channels displaying on monitors in common areas throughout the FDA’s White Oak campus,” a spokesperson for the FDA told TPM in an email.
An anonymous FDA official told the Wall Street Journal that after the email began circulating on Friday, some of the televisions at the White Oak campus switched back to displaying CNN, while others remained tuned into Fox News.

“It obviously bothered some people,” the official told the Wall Street Journal. “I’d actually rather go with the Weather Channel.”

teiresias

This doesn't surprise me. The facilities coordinator at my job is way right-wing, has Limbaugh and Hannity shit all over his office, is constantly making veiled right-wing jabs in emails, and him tuning TVs in the building to Fox News (if there were any TVs, since this is an office building and not one with, for example a cafeteria) and claiming he was directed to do so is the kind of thing I can see him trying.

It's hilarious, because a facilities coordinator job here is like the epitome of the "freeloading federal employee"-meme job and he's not even anywhere to be found half the time. Bootstraps indeed.

Wilsongt

This doesn't surprise me. The facilities coordinator at my job is way right-wing, has Limbaugh and Hannity shit all over his office, is constantly making veiled right-wing jabs in emails, and him tuning TVs in the building to Fox News (if there were any TVs, since this is an office building and not one with, for example a cafeteria) and claiming he was directed to do so is the kind of thing I can see him trying.

It's hilarious, because a facilities coordinator job here is like the epitome of the "freeloading federal employee"-meme job and he's not even anywhere to be found half the time. Bootstraps indeed.

Glad my office doesn't have TVs.

Thankfully i only have to see it at the gym, and i have headphones in so i cant even hear it. I just occasionally look over and see their graphics. "Democrats obstructing government, hypocrits?" Or something dumb like that.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It's not just super expensive, it's replicating a bunch of existing infrastructure while destroying a bunch of existing infrastructure. Going to single payer off of our current structure is a bad idea for the same reason going to the metric system for our roads would be as well.

Destroying a bunch of our existing infrastructure is exactly what we need to do.

We have the highest percent GDP spending on healthcare of any country in the entire world, at 17.1% while the next major country is Sweden spends 11.9%. Even with the unique problems of the US, it does not make any goddamn sense that healthcare spending is this huge for how terrible healthcare access is in this country.

he'd fail spectacularly.

Maybe. But if we continue the Trump/Jimmy Carter parallel, remember how much damage Ted Kennedy inflicted by primarying Carter in 1980. Internecine conflicts make the party look weak, especially since Trump vs. Kasich would be a proxy war for Trump trash vs. establishment.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So Pod Save America live show in SF was awesome. We went wild for Kamala Harris and she cussed twice lol. Lovett made it awkward when he brought up the bracket they have for 2020 candidates and it was hilarious.

Chumley

Banned
LOL, I'm going to bet right now that Morning Joe doesn't say a word about tonight's SNL on the Monday show. Bet they were fucking pissed.

kirblar

Destroying a bunch of our existing infrastructure is exactly what we need to do.

We have the highest percent GDP spending on healthcare of any country in the entire world, at 17.1% while the next major country is Sweden spends 11.9%. Even with the unique problems of the US, it does not make any goddamn sense that healthcare spending is this huge for how terrible healthcare access is in this country.
That is insanity.

chadskin

Starting off Sunday with an evergreen

@realDonaldTrump:
When will the Fake Media ask about the Dems dealings with Russia & why the DNC wouldn't allow the FBI to check their server or investigate?

Starting off Sunday with an evergreen

@realDonaldTrump:
When will the Fake Media ask about the Dems dealings with Russia & why the DNC wouldn't allow the FBI to check their server or investigate?
He's said something similar before right around big Russia news dropping, no?

thefro

He's said something similar before right around big Russia news dropping, no?

This might be it

WBUR said:
"Trump was strutting up and down, talking to his new members about how they were part of the greatest club in North Carolina," Dodson says. "And when I first met him, I asked him how he was — you know, this is the journalist in me — I said, 'What are you using to pay for these courses?' And he just sort of tossed off that he had access to $100 million."

$100 million.

"So when I got in the cart with Eric," Dodson says, "as we were setting off, I said, 'Eric, who’s funding? I know no banks — because of the recession, the Great Recession — have touched a golf course. You know, no one’s funding any kind of golf construction. It’s dead in the water the last four or five years.' And this is what he said. He said, 'Well, we don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.' I said, 'Really?' And he said, 'Oh, yeah. We’ve got some guys that really, really love golf, and they’re really invested in our programs. We just go there all the time.' Now that was three years ago, so it was pretty interesting."

numble

Kasich would get even less far in the Dem primary than Zuckerberg.

I made a non-serious comment but if you want to explain why Kasich cannot run in the Democratic primary because of how primaries work, please explain further. I will say that ex-Republicans seem willing to run in the Democratic primary and Kasich said last year that he should've run in the Democratic primary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom