• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Joshua Holland @JoshuaHol
·
4m

Per CBO, 4 million people would lose *employer-provided* coverage next year under BCRA.

Holy shit

opponents to this really need to ram this back towards the "just get a job" idiots. you will lose healthcare under this bill even if you have a job with health insurance.

DonShula

Sorry Fox News is powerful but it's all powerful. If you've lost your health insurance and you've been watching Fox and DJT tell you their healthcare bills are the greatest things since sliced bread no amount of indoctrination is that powerful. You can't tell people Obamacare is shit, AHCA is better and greater, that the reason they've just lost their health insurance is because of Obamacare and yet give them no information on how AHCA helps them get it back. The only reason Obamacare hate was so successful was that these people were benefiting from it and did not know it (some still don't), and Obamacare became some bogeyman they didn't even understand.

It's one thing to drink the Fox News koolaid, it's another to keep drinking while you see your premium go from $250 to $620 a month.

I fully believe the GOP will own it. I'm mainly worried about the cohesiveness of Democrats messaging. People are angry at the party for things other than healthcare.

I am also having serious doubts that the backlash is going to be gathered and appropriately focused for maximum gain by Democratic leadership. I'd love to be proven wrong. I see better ideas for Dem messaging on GAF than what we end up getting on TV.

I am also having serious doubts that the backlash is going to be gathered and appropriately focused for maximum gain by Democratic leadership. I'd love to be proven wrong. I see better ideas for Dem messaging on GAF than what we end up getting on TV.

I've never seen a meanER statement.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Jonathan Weisman‏Verified account @jonathanweisman

Both Dean Heller and Rand Paul have said they won't vote on the motion to proceed to the health bill. McConnell can only lose 1 more.

Collins or Murkowski? Which one gets to be the one?

Diablos

Jonathan Weisman‏Verified account @jonathanweisman

Both Dean Heller and Rand Paul have said they won't vote on the motion to proceed to the health bill. McConnell can only lose 1 more.
Paul will fold

Two words. Packaged👏deal👏

Unless I'm missing something Wiseman is off. Without Heller or Paul the GOP is at 50. They can't lose anyone else for the Pence tie-breaker.

Johnson is not a firm yes. He's not a no either. So Mitch needs to convince Johnson, Collins and Murkowski which seems like a hard-sell after CBO.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
John McCormack‏ @McCormackJohn

John McCormack Retweeted Jonathan Weisman

Mike Lee's spokesman tells me: "Lee will not vote to proceed to a bill he can't support."

Frank Thorp V‏Verified account @frankthorp

Ron Johnson on the motion to proceed to the GOP health care bill: "I would highly doubt I would support it."

This is interesting. Let's see who is lying.

Ernest

Banned
Where's Benjamin Wittes' promised oppo-droppo?

Am I going to have to treat him like Louise Mensch, basically ignoring all his "tick, tick" stuff from now on?

Plinko

Am I going to have to treat him like Louise Mensch, basically ignoring all his "tick, tick" stuff from now on?

It's the first time it hasn't come through, and that Carter Page thing may have been it.

A) He said he wasn't sure when exactly

B) He obviously has sources

C) You guys should probably stop making these teases and news drops your reasons for existence

Plinko

Matt Fuller‏Verified account @MEPFuller

John McCain says there are "lots" he'd like to see changed in the health care bill, but not withholding support.

"That's not how it works."

Dat Maverick.

This is why the bill will still pass.

Benjy Sarlin @BenjySarlin

So next few days: Senators are not encouraged by the CBO score, but McConnell can spend $200b encouraging them. Don't assume it fails.

He updated this morning to say that the fuse is no longer a surety and hasn't updated since regarding timing.

It's the first time it hasn't come through, and that Carter Page thing may have been it.

He hasn't followed up with a Boom yet has he?

So next few days: Senators are not encouraged by the CBO score, but McConnell can spend $200b encouraging them. Don't assume it fails.

Do you even write your own posts or do you just have a bot that scrapes Tweets and pairs them with vague sentences?

haha

So the senate's statement is "the CBO estimate is great, premiums go down so much!" and the White House's statement is "the CBO are a bunch of liars, nobody trusts them anymore"

Dat consistent message

I get the feeling Trump isn't pleased by today's news

This has always been the case. It's not like anyone on the fence forgot about this. The recent waffling has that factored in.

He said he wasn't sure when it was coming again this morning. Chill your engines.

Yeah, I'm thinking whoever has the scoop that Wittes knows is coming might be waiting for tomorrow or some other time later in the week, given how big a deal the CBO stuff on the Senate ACHA is. That way McConnell can't try to use the media focusing on that new Trump/Russia news (whatever it is) as a means of distraction in order to slip the bill through while no one's looking.

But I could very well be wrong on that. Just speculation on my part.

Is there a good reason why i shouldnt be pissed at the supreme court right now? I dont understand why they reinstated the muslim ban when they aren't even going to start debating it until october.

Blader

haha

So the senate's statement is "the CBO estimate is great, premiums go down so much!" and the White House's statement is "the CBO are a bunch of liars, nobody trusts them anymore"

Dat consistent message

I get the feeling Trump isn't pleased by today's news

His SCOTUS validation just got buried by 22 million uninsured.

Murkowski on CNN seemed downbeat and fairly annoyed by the numbers (and specifically mentioned Alaska data). Said she'd be a "no" right this instant with the obvious implication she spend more time "evaluating," so meh. Not rubber-stamping it at least, so I'll take it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom