• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I don't think there's anything to discuss? What are we gonna do, post 60 pages of "oh boy that's a fucked up thing to do" and "I always knew he was shitty!"

Isn't it better than having everyone go to Reddit or other sites to post about it. Isn't it better to give the community an outlet of their own?

Kusagari

I guess it kind of figures if it would be a member of the forum it would, of course, be him.

He's basically synonymous with the forum across the Internet :/

I don't think there's anything to discuss? What are we gonna do, post 60 pages of "oh boy that's a fucked up thing to do" and "I always knew he was shitty!"

On one hand you are right that there isnt going to be much discussed except everyone saying how horrible it is.

But on the other hand I do think it'll look bad that the thread leaves the front page, because people looking the forum need to know that EvilLore did in fact give a statement.

Boke1879

On one hand you are right that there isnt going to be much discussed except everyone saying how horrible it is.

But on the other hand I do think it'll look bad that the thread leaves the front page, because people looking the forum need to know that EvilLore did in fact give a statement.

THIS is what I would say needs to be done. A statement like that needs to be more visible.

Like a sticky thread with just his statement and closed after that.

...I've been posting on this board with that guy for over a decade. It was usually pretty antagonistic between us, but I didn't think he was a dirtball in real life. No reason to think that but you really do NOT know people from a forum. fuck

Zolo

Jesus, I had no idea what you guys were talking about and assumed it was more Gamergate nonsense. But holy fuck...

Yeah. I assumed it was a troll also partially due to it being pretty chaotic throughout the day & more volatile users coming out. User was confirmed to be right on his post.

THIS is what I would say needs to be done. A statement like that needs to be more visible.

Like a sticky thread with just his statement and closed after that.

Yeah. It's too visible with too many users knowing & wanting to discuss it. Having Evilore's response to the issue visible would be better.

Chumley

Banned
...I've been posting on this board with that guy for over a decade. It was usually pretty antagonistic between us, but I didn't think he was a dirtball in real life. No reason to think that but you really do NOT know people from a forum. fuck

You never really know anyone, especially not on a forum. But I'm doing my part with having an actual photo of myself as an avatar!

Barzul

Legit think Tillerson will quit. If he truly is not being allowed to even select his own people, then what's the point. He a multi millionaire, it's not like this is his ticket to the paid speech circuit. I don't think I'd put up with it even if I was drinking the koolaid.

Wasn't Rex an establishment pick, the kind of person you'd expect from a normal Republican president, anyway? With his background and actual achievements, I can see why he'd clash with a White House run by an incompetent robber baron.

Lo-Volt

Yikes. Tillerson didn’t ever sound like the most ardent cabinet member, either. Recall the interview where Rex implied his wife convinced him to end his retirement to take this position? Instead of retiring as a rich oil baron, he’s presiding over a State Department that’s intentionally being left dead in an alley. (I’m really not sure how else to interpret the administration’s unwillingness to post almost anyone in positions except to destroy the diplomatic apparatus.)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Legit think Tillerson will quit. If he truly is not being allowed to even select his own people, then what's the point. He a multi millionaire, it's not like this is his ticket to the paid speech circuit. I don't think I'd put up with it even if I was drinking the koolaid.
It's kinda of horrifying, he is the closest thing to a voice of reason in the white house.

I just find it so hypocritical of him for all of his confrontational posts in political threads.

The guy dished out judgment left and right but is a POS irl.

commedieu

Banned
That needs to be stickied and not tossed in a dead thread imo. It was posted after the lock. If you weren't visiting this thread, you would have missed it. This is likely going to gain traction because of previous smear attempts with this focus. And the reaction is bizarre to be frank.

I don't think the that evs post is phrased in a way to put the issue at rest. Just saying refer to a statement in a locked thread isn't the way to handle it.

Edit:

Yes, definitely put to rest the concerns of a conspiracy. Outside of that -- it's an unfortunate situation that could be handled better, for the community and advertisers.

Wasn't Rex an establishment pick, the kind of person you'd expect from a normal Republican president, anyway? With his background and actual achievements, I can see why he'd clash with a White House run by an incompetent robber baron.

No, Tillerson is lazy and inexperienced and has tons of conflicts of interest with regards to Russia and Venezuela, no one but Trump would have picked him (but Trump seems to barely know him or like him at all which makes it weird).

Kusagari

No, Tillerson is lazy and inexperienced and has tons of conflicts of interest with regards to Russia and Venezuela, no one but Trump would have picked him (but Trump seems to barely know him or like him at all which makes it weird).

You had people like Condi pushing him heavily.

I don't think you can say that.

Boke1879

That needs to be stickied and not tossed in a dead thread imo. It was posted after the lock. If you weren't visiting this thread, you would have missed it. This is likely going to gain traction because of previous smear attempts with this focus. And the reaction is bizarre to be frank.

I don't think the that evs post is phrased in a way to put the issue at rest. Just saying refer to a statement in a locked thread isn't the way to handle it.

I think Evilore's statement is good in the fact that it explains what people were speculating in that thread. He explains the issue and the steps taken.

Now I agree that shit should not just be relegated to a dead thread that's falling down the rabbit hole right now.

Yeah I'd expect a normal republican to pick someone with government experience, but Tillerson was apparently recommended by Condi Rice and Robert Gates.

Zolo

They're similar in that they both share vested interests in Russia.

I think Evilore's statement is good in the fact that it explains what people were speculating in that thread. He explains the issue and the steps taken.

Now I agree that shit should not just be relegated to a dead thread that's falling down the rabbit hole right now.

I think they want to dispel the idea that he was important to this forum.

It's hard to deny though that he was recognizable in all corners of this site.

If I got a little bit of oppo on Betsy, I'd never ask for oppo again. The stuff with Erik Prince and the Seychelles and her nomination just stinks to high heaven. She needs to feel some media spotlight again, not least of all because of the indifference and often outright malice with which she treats the public school system.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'm actually rooting for him to get Hatch's seat, if a Republican has to take it.

We have fallen so far. But I'm a Moderate Darling and see the value in bipartisanship.

You think Romney would actually legitimately discuss things with Republicans edit: Democrats?
I mean, it's far more likely than pretty much all Republicans in office at the moment, but it still seems farfetched.

You think Romney would actually legitimately discuss things with Republicans?
I mean, it's far more likely than pretty much all Republicans in office at the moment, but it still seems farfetched.

You answered your own question. The seat will be won by a Republican. I'd rather it be the least bad Republican possible, to use an awkward phrase.

I think they want to dispel the idea that he was important to this forum.

It's hard to deny though that he was recognizable in all corners of this site.

It's really disconcerting as hell. And I realize the mods and Evilore are kind of shellshocked over it. I sure as shit am.

I can see why it took so long to get a forum response, I can see why they want it forgotten. It's like finding out your deranged cousin did this.

In the back of your mind you think "Fuck... I knew he was twisted... but... that?"

Hell I think that's all I have to say about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom