• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
The essence of the 50-state strategy isn't that we win all 50 states. It's just making sure we have a good candidate in every race. whyamihere isn't saying we're going to win South Dakota, just that it's a good sign we can pull a half-decent candidate even in a state that red.

SD leans pretty far right all around.

This is the second time today that you've attributed quotes to me that are not my own. Not sure what your deal is with me.

I glanced over your post and missed the AP article re: SD's state-level gerrymandering. When I saw "gerrymandering," my mind jumped to federal, not state. I assumed you were commenting on federal gerrymandering. I never tried to attribute the quotation to you. For that stupid oversight I apologized once and apologize again. I appreciate your perspective on the governor's race there.

I have no desire to rehash that other thread because I made my opinion clear there.

lyrick

SD leans pretty far right all around.
sf-fur.jpg

Every time I drive by that sign or any one of multitudinous pro life ones. I wish I had the time to treat it like how just about every traffic sign is dealt with outside of city limits.

When it drops they should do it during a televised press conference, or moments before.

Otherwise there won't be a televised press conference for days after.

I mean, the WaPo articles tend to come out somewhere between 5:30-7:00/7:30 pm EST. So I doubt they'll drop it right in the middle of a televised press conference.

But yeah, there probably won't be a televised press conference for quite some time after that news drops. Which, coincidentally, will only make them look even more guilty.

Barzul

Cruz's idea will create de facto high risk pools in the exchanges unless the prices of the ACA compliant plans are pegged to something and then heavily subsidized.

Yep. Running quality candidates even in long-shot/no-shot states help energize local state parties and base voters.
Even if we don't win that race, the boost in turnout could help us win a mayoral election, or an extra seat in the state legislature, or a sheriff's office or a local court seat. People need to look at the bigger picture here than just "oh well we can't win the gubernatorial race so why bother."

In Nevada 2014 we put up a nobody against Brian Sandoval and lost everything. Now, Sandoval would have been favored no matter what, more likely than not. But Democrats had no reason to turn out because the party couldn't even pretend to give a shit about the top post in the state. Our candidate in South Dakota might be lucky to scrape 40% but that would be an improvement for Dem fortunes in the state.

Holmes

Running good candidates everywhere is good because in waves, there are a lot of oopsie wins, and good candidates can make the difference in many of them.

We should only run candidates for gubernatorial races we're favored in and only run in 218 House elections. Anything else would waste resources that could be put to use in the races the consultants tell us are winnable.

We should only run candidates for gubernatorial races we're favored in and only run in 218 House elections. Anything else would waste resources that could be put to use in the races the consultants tell us are winnable.
Is Illinois winnable? Maryland? Probably not. After all, we've lost them before.

If all we win next year is California and New York, well. I'll consider that a win.

Ecotic

MSNBC fails at every attempt at a 6 p.m. show. Hiring a Fox News alumni (and not even a popular one like Shephard Smith) for a left-leaning network was such a bad decision. I'd like to know who thought that would work.

Chumley

Banned
MSNBC fails at every attempt at a 6 p.m. show. Hiring a Fox News alumni (and not even a popular one like Shephard Smith) for a left-leaning network was such a bad decision. I'd like to know who thought that would work.

I think they quickly realized the "both sides" approach in the age of Trump is a disaster. Wouldn't be surprised if Megyn Kelly is gone before the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom