• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
i just fucking linked it:

Where in that article does it say Holder is threatening the DOJ to cover up his crimes while in office?

He's considering running for President so he's making a threat against them revealing his crimes while in office.

Note that he states the DOJ will be unfairly questioned. He's not talking about when he is President. He is saying the current Admin will unfairly question them.

He's hiring very impressive people, too, and early. Before the field even settles. Obviously he's not going to win but he seems pretty damn serious, would be very impressive on the debate stage, likely won't attack any democrats and will then lend his endorsement to someone when he drops out. Trump's illegality ensures democrats on the legal/justice side of things will have a heavy placement in 2020 (dnc prime time speech for instance).

Almost like someone put the battery in his back.

benjipwns

Banned
Where in that article does it say Holder is threatening the DOJ to cover up his crimes while in office?
I see no other way to interpret his message considering his lengthy criminal record. Especially in the light of other Presidential candidates and their use of twitter against potential enemies.

maybe that part is a joke, i thought you were calling bs on the holder thing

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I see no other way to interpret his message considering his lengthy criminal record. Especially in the light of other Presidential candidates and their use of twitter against potential enemies.

I searched Google for Eric Holder's criminal record and didn't find anything. Can you link to Eric Holder's criminal record?

Note that he states the DOJ will be unfairly questioned. He's not talking about when he is President. He is saying the current Admin will unfairly question them.

I believe benjipwns is joking heh.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

maybe that part is a joke, i thought you were calling bs on the holder thing

Yes, I was clearly pointing to the thing that is a real possibility and not the salacious, made up part.

benjipwns

Banned
There have been multiple Attorneys General who have run for President, but the position changed in 1870 with the institution of the Department of Justice.

Where Eric Holder would be unique is that he has not held elected office.

FDR wanted Robert Jackson to possibly be his successor but tried to get him to run for Governor of New York first. RFK running for Senator after being AG would be the closest thing especially since he ran for Senator to get away from LBJ and setup a run for President asap.

benjipwns

Banned
Well, lets see, there's literally everything related to the drone murder of American citizens that he defended. His continued questionable actions in maintaining the governments fiction of justice in terrorism cases. The fact that he continued the illegal drug war. The fact that he sent weapons to Mexican drug gangs intentionally so they would be used in crimes. His refusal to prosecute any financial institutions for their criminal actions and repeatedly defended it as prudent. Along with that would be the continued Justice Department policy of settlements over prosecutions.

Not to mention the fact that he served under George W. Bush.

Plus this criminally awesome afro and sideburns combination:
Eric-Holder-Columbia-1973-yearbook-343x620.jpg

Hm, Holder would be interesting. I've dinged Kander before for not holding a significant statewide office, but I'd consider AG in the White House to be heads and shoulders above Secretary of State of a state in terms of preparing someone to be President.

Like he says, his biggest strength would be his perceived closeness to Obama, both in terms of relationship and likeness. Getting the band back together (as it were) would be pretty cool too, essentially a third term of Obama. I'd need to see him speak though, charisma matters.

Vixdean

Well, lets see, there's literally everything related to the drone murder of American citizens that he defended. His continued questionable actions in maintaining the governments fiction of justice in terrorism cases. The fact that he continued the illegal drug war. The fact that he sent weapons to Mexican drug gangs intentionally so they would be used in crimes. His refusal to prosecute any financial institutions for their criminal actions and repeatedly defended it as prudent. Along with that would be the continued Justice Department policy of settlements over prosecutions.

Not to mention the fact that he served under George W. Bush.

Plus this criminally awesome afro and sideburns combination:

You had me at "drone murder of American citizens", Holder/Weiner 2020!

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Everyone says that but its clear Trump governs by chaos.

One of the advantages of that is media will cover the chaos instead of the laws and regulations that are being put into place.

Nothing is being "slipped under the radar" that wouldn't have "slipped under the radar" under any other President. Bad things passing through legislative obfuscation is a time-honored American tradition. It has nothing to do with a Twitter smokescreen.

Trump doesn't have a plan or secret agenda or anything. He's just an elemental spirit of rage and narcissism.

benjipwns

Banned
Springer also spent much of the 2000s claiming he was going to run for Senator and then backing out at the last minute saying he'd get smeared because of his show.

kirblar

Are we SERIOUS w this Holder talk?

Y'all want to piss off the left? go forth.
I don't think he has a prayer of winning, but it would be a nice thing to have the left's ire on him instead of the eventual winner so that they re more happy w the final option.

benjipwns

Banned
lmao this is so photoshopped, pixels, etc. you know the thing

ERIC HOLDER'S RADICAL PAST EXPOSED:
eacd4810492f6222bd092e3b52b96f2b.jpg

Attorney General Eric Holder has always been known as an incompetent liberal ideologue that's pushing a radical agenda at the Department of Justice (DOJ). Most of his pursuits at the DOJ have been of an activist nature, such as not charging the New Black Panther Party with voter intimidation and suing states that try to limit voter fraud. New evidence has been discovered that reveals Holder participated in an ‘armed' takeover of a former Columbia University ROTC office.

Eric Holder is a radical. He and his former law firm has defended terrorists; his primary objective is to be a liberal activist, while punishing those who are against him. The DOJ has been polluted under his tenure. But it doesn't stop there.

The Daily Caller dug up some frightening information about Holder's past as a black radical in college. It's clear that he had a similar experience to Barack Obama, growing up with disdain for America.

As a freshman at Columbia University in 1970, future Attorney General Eric Holder participated in a five-day occupation of an abandoned Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) headquarters with a group of black students later described by the university's Black Students' Organization as ”armed," The Daily Caller has learned.

Department of Justice spokeswoman Tracy Schmaler has not responded to questions from The Daily Caller about whether Holder himself was armed — and if so, with what sort of weapon.
there, now the left loves him

Blader

I don't really see Holder as having a shot, he doesn't strike me as an especially charismatic choice of candidates. He might be an interesting choice to have in the primary field, but I also worry he'd suck up a lot of Obama network support (and even Obama himself) that could be better put to use behind other candidates.

Barzul

What left? You can't win a GE with just "the left". And basically the left needs to put up or shut up, they've clearly seen what happens when they take their ball home, 4 years of Trump. The left is way to dispersed and focused in cities. Only a candidate that can do what Obama did which is reduce the deficit in red counties and run up the numbers in bluer ones will win in 2020. It should easier with Trump heading the GOP ticket. He's due a crisis not of his creation where he will inevitably fuck up.

teiresias

Ah yes, the indignant left that will never be placated until all business is seized, everything free, and participation trophies for life given out at regular intervals.

Apparently Wittes has vouched for a former GCHQ (British intelligence) operative on Twitter who's teased a story coming soon.

Again, be cautious, but Wittes has the most credibility in the Twitter sphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom