• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

It's been pretty obvious this goes beyond the Trump campaign for a while.
Would be nice to know the Republicans can't just wash their hands of Trump and family at the end of this nonsense and pretend like they're good little patriots who don't take Russian money.

chadskin

A bunch of people were spotted at Trump Tower on June 9, 2016:
The man who vehemently eschewed donor dollars during the GOP primary is now looking to ramp up his fundraising for the general election.

Donald Trump, who for much of the primary bragged about ”self-funding," met on Thursday with more than 60 leading Republicans in Midtown Manhattan to discuss his fundraising operations going into the general. Joining Trump at the meeting was RNC Chair Reince Priebus and top-surrogate and advisor New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.

Others seen entering and exiting the meeting included RNC Finance Chair Lew Eisenberg, Trump Victory Vice Chairs Woody Johnson, Ray Washburne and Mel Sembler, and Trump's top aides and advisors, including Corey Lewandowski and Paul Manafort.
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/gop-donors-gather-hear-donald-trump-s-pitch-n589326

edit: Oh, this was at the Four Seasons apparently, not Trump Tower. Hm.

That said, I got the impression Mark Warner kind of hinted earlier that there may have been other people in the room for this meeting that haven't been publicly named yet so we'll see.

A bunch of people were spotted at Trump Tower on June 9, 2016:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/gop-donors-gather-hear-donald-trump-s-pitch-n589326

edit: Oh, this was at the Four Seasons apparently, not Trump Tower. Hm.

That said, I got the impression Mark Warner kind of hinted earlier that there may have been other people in the room for this meeting that haven't been publicly named yet so we'll see.

If that was only 4 seasons, that means anyone at Trump Tower immediately gets bumped up on the screwed list.

kirblar

Guys, I need more oppo. I'm insatiable.
NYT:
giphy.gif

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Hatch is just a senile old moron. He's got nothing to do with anything.

McCain genuinely hates Russia and would not partake in any collusion with them. He's just become a pathetic, spineless shell of his former self and is unwilling to stand up to his President.

kess

Would be nice to know the Republicans can't just wash their hands of Trump and family at the end of this nonsense and pretend like they're good little patriots who don't take Russian money.

That's part of the reasoning people keep bringing up "Romney was right" in every other thread about Russia. The narrative is set even if his family was willing to do business with Putin's cronies.

Jr received the email from Goldstone for a meeting, and presumably it was Jr who brought in KushKush and Manafort to the meeting (because the other two were not in communication with Goldstone).

Those two are also in trouble but they can simply thrown Jr under the bus by saying "Well, Don Jr told us there's someone very important who wants us to meet. We had no idea who it was until we got there"

Also, this should give Dank Kush a 3rd strike on his security clearance forms for intentional non-disclosure. Which he inexplicably still has.

I do wonder if this is the story that triggered the "COLLUSION ISN'T ILLEGAL GUYS" preemptive talking point.

Ain't there that WaPo/CNN one that was rumored about for weeks that the IC had them sit on? The one that got the pre-4th Reddit-diving shitposting spawned?

Adam Goldman, the NYT reporter, says to expect more...

Yes...yes...stab THEM in the back before one of them stab YOU first! Out with the knives, OUT WITH THE KNIVES!

Chumley

Banned
Rick wilson was full of crap all during the lead up to the election

Not really. He just overestimated how soon the dossier was going to come out. Can't recall any other flubs or lies on his record.

Was it? He kept promising something would come out the next week, and the next and it never did. And then he didn't tease the release of the actual dossier IIRC.

What he was referring to was the dossier, him and a bunch of other people had reason to think it was going to come out in October but didn't until January.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. I tend to side with the Trump Axiom (Marshall) that the stupidest explanation is the correct one.

2. Josh Marshal seems to think that these sources (inside the whitehouse!) were the other big names at the meeting. Kushner, Manafort. Perhaps trying to get out ahead of something worse and / or save their own skins somehow. I think that makes the most stupid sense.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So this is how the Senate passes Trumpcare. With everyone distracted by the Trump/Russia scandal.
Except they overlooked the critical step of convincing people in their own party to vote for it. Though they definitely want the kickbacks and benefits that come from nixing that sweat sweat 3.8% capital gains tax.

I saw one health care activist saying that Jeff Flake liking the repeal bill was ominous because Flake is a Senate moderate.

Dude, the only things Flake cares about in life are murdering dogs and the disabled. He is less extreme in procedure and some less economic issues, but he's hardcore conservative in economic and health care issues.

I saw one health care activist saying that Jeff Flake liking the repeal bill was ominous because Flake is a Senate moderate.

Dude, the only things Flake cares about in life are murdering dogs and the disabled. He is less extreme in procedure and some less economic issues, but he's hardcore conservative in economic and health care issues.

He will not be receiving Moderate Darling status.

Kusagari

Flake never even came out against the first bill.

Dude talked shit about Trump and isn't from a deep, deep red state. Apparently that's all you need to be a moderate darling these days.

And taking on the alpaca lobby!

Flake never even came out against the first bill.

Dude talked shit about Trump and isn't from a deep, deep red state. Apparently that's all you need to be a moderate darling these days.

Please don't let the Moderate Darlings fool you. They couldn't give two shits about the effects of this bill or the deaths it'll cause. Any opposition stems from a desire to maintain the images and reputations they've created - images bolstered and tolerated by media who have to show BOTH SIDES and thus have to show a few non-monstrous Republicans.

The Moderate Darling Makeover

See also Will, George; Wallace, Nicolle; Hewitt, Hugh.

The media so badly want to show #bothsides that they'll contort themselves into pretzels to promote a "fair, balanced," non-monstrous Republican. To achieve this goal they must lower the standards of decency. Hate immigrants and oppose women's and gay rights and think the poors are lazy and inferior? Well... as long as you'll criticize Trump, we'll take you. They think this strategy makes them look intellectual and enlightened - and not like liberal media - ignoring the fact that they've engaged in false equivalence and faux "neutrality."

I hate Trump for many reasons, one of the most prominent being that he's forced me to defend cable news, which, while not fake news, always has been and always will be trash.

I'll soon earn my PhD in Moderate Darling Studies.

what

http://people.com/politics/kathy-gr...edium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

Before Donald Trump Jr. met with Russian intermediary Rob Goldstone, comedian Kathy Griffin met him first.

In a now-deleted tweet, Griffin, 56, posted a photo of herself and Goldstone, writing, “Don’t recall taking this photo with Russian intermediary Rob Goldstone, but I am in my Dynasty hat waiting for my interview with Mr. Mueller.”

Griffin initially tweeted that the photo was taken in 2010, but deleted that tweet and posted another without a date.

kathy-griffin-rob-goldstone.jpg

In addition to being a Russian stage, he's also a music promoter. I wouldn't doubt many celebrities have met him.

Goldman had better deliver in the next hour. My beautiful moderate mind can't stay awake much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom