• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Zolo

He will cry voter fraud and fake news. Just look what he's saying now about this email issue. Opposition research and how the Russian lawyer was planted by Obama 🙄. This is the kind of shit we are dealing with and Putin is giving him all the tips.

He can cry all he wants. If he doesn't bring up any evidence and refuses to comply, he'll be removed.

If Trump & Co just came out and confessed everything, it would do them less damage in the long run. Getting busted for lying day after day after day after day infinitely keeps their dumb asses at the top of every media cycle. An infinite negative spiral that'll have more and more auxiliary consequences as time goes on. Throwing things out there would at least buy time until Muller, and since that's happening regardless they'd have time to prepare a defense and maaaaaaaybe get a bit of their own narrative back for awhile. Otherwise this is going to continue daily. There's blood in the water and every media outlet in the country wants in on it.

I mean, has it been news that Trump went to France? Barely? A new health care bill? Second fiddle, where even a month ago that dominated the news for days on end. The narrative right now is that Trump sits in the White House all day watching TV while his underlings get picked off with various scandals and revelations. That's what people see as headlines on their phones in the morning, it's the alerts they get during the day, and what's on the evening news. Every tweet brings the media circling back for new evaluation and criticism, too. It resets the clock at 24 hours for a new angle against him. Very little of what he says is going unchallenged anymore.

Diablos

They all are. At this point nothing would surprise me--even all of them magically agreeing to this.
Right, but he made such a big deal out of reviewing the bill and held a conference on why he can't support it. Then his feelings got hurt when some negative ads were run against him, poor baby. Now he's basically MIA.

Ordinarily I'd agree that being upfront instead of doubling down and lying when caught in a scandal is the best route

But not in this case lol. I don't think there are any bonus points for coming clean when it's treason you are being accused of. They are lying because they have to, because the truth is obviously too terrible to admit to. And I'm sure that it gets even worse than what we already know about.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...blican_actually_appear_to_kill_trumpcare.html

Slate article that asks why a third Senator hasn't stepped in to seriously kill Trumpcare.

Ends on this powerful note.
Of course they're looking for a way to say Yes. It's their bill and they've campaigned on it

The first time around, we only had Heller and Paul as hard nos until the CBO report came out. Collins wasn't even a no until later.

Those senators are just being cautiously optimistic about the CBO report, which is likely going to be disastrous.

Also present but not yet mentioned:

- Ivan Drago

- a bear

- Shmladimir Shmutin, ordinary USA Rock And Roll Cowboy Guy

- sentient bottle of vodka (denies any connection to Russian government)

tbm24

How did they even figure out there was someone else in the room?!?!?!?!

THIS. NEVER. ENDS!!!!!!!

I wish the Senate was in session today so that we could see McCain frow his brows some more LOL

Yeah there was so much collusion its not even funny. Also the pee tape is real!

Either Kushner or Manafort flipped, only way imo.

Hopfrog

Sometimes you have to step back and remind yourself of the hypocritical double-standard being applied here. Considering these new revelations Democrats have been remarkably measured in their response, even too measured some might argue. If this was the other way around, with either Obama or Clinton in the cross-hairs, Republicans in Congress would refuse to work on anything other than impeachment, much less a huge health-care bill, and Fox News would have talking heads on 24/7 calling for impeachment.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.

THIS. NEVER. ENDS!!!!!!!

I wish the Senate was in session today so that we could see McCain frow his brows some more LOL

It seems there like there's only two ways: someone in the room is talking, or there was communication (email?) about the meeting which described it.

Sometimes you have to step back and remind yourself of the hypocritical double-standard being applied here. Considering these new revelations Democrats have been remarkably measured in their response, even too measured some might argue. If this was the other way around, with either Obama or Clinton in the cross-hairs, Republicans in Congress would refuse to work on anything other than impeachment, much less a huge health-care bill, and Fox News would have talking heads on 24/7 calling for impeachment.
Democrats don't have a 24/7 propaganda station on cable TV, or thousands of popular talk radio hosts preaching to loyal followers.

Paches

THIS. NEVER. ENDS!!!!!!!

A reflection off a reflection on a polished marble column. CSI style.

Lo-Volt

AP confirms ID of the Russian-American lobbyist who attended the Donald Trump Jr. meeting as Rinat Akhmetshin

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/885858336536752128

Background reading on Rinat from 2016, via Radio Free Liberty/Radio Europe.

In 2011, Akhmetshin was accused of helping to organize a smear campaign against former Russian Duma deputy Ashot Egiazaryan, who had sought political asylum in the United States in the face of criminal charges in Russia related to a business dispute.

A lawsuit filed in U.S. federal court in Manhattan charged that the campaign sought to persuade U.S. officials to revoke Egiazaryan's asylum status and force him to return to Russia, where he was involved in a heated dispute with a billionaire businessman over a Moscow hotel project.

Akhmetshin was not the target of the defamation lawsuit, but in court filings, lawyers allege he was enlisted, along with another Washington public-relations company and private investigators, to help publish articles in a Jewish newspaper accusing the deputy of anti-Semitism.

He also fought to keep his e-mails and computer files from being released to opposing lawyers.

“Some of my clients are national governments or high-ranking officials in those governments,” Akhmetshin said in an affidavit in August 2012. “My government clients have highly sensitive discussions in my e-mails concerning the location or relocation of American military bases in areas within the former Soviet Union.”

Maledict

So a guy who wants the Magnisky act gone.

This is looking bad for Jr, lol. He went thinking they had dirt on Hillary, they wanted to talk about adoptions, and then he bails when they have no dirt lol

I don't think he bailed. Why would I believe him on this, given every other word out of his mouth was a lie? And given the speech his father gave an hour later promising huge new revelations on hillary?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Of course they're looking for a way to say Yes. It's their bill and they've campaigned on it

The first time around, we only had Heller and Paul as hard nos until the CBO report came out. Collins wasn't even a no until later.

Those senators are just being cautiously optimistic about the CBO report, which is likely going to be disastrous.

Is the CBO even going to be done, though? Spiro doesn't seem to think so, and he thinks it was deliberate:

https://twitter.com/TopherSpiro/status/885823700842545156

Chichikov

I don't think it's a full flip, but it's the Kush. His lawyers were responsible for the email coming out, right?
<put on his tinfoil heat, takes out his fanfic notebook>

What if it's the Russians?
So Trump fails to deliver on dropping their sanctions so they decide to give him a warning shot by leaking something which is actually not a presidency ending deal at the end of the day, but with a clear message, that the pee pee tape is next.

Makes you think.

NB7m9Kr.gif

Okay so yeah, you're gonna say the NYT sites White House sources, but what if they're all Russian spies in deep cover?

Makes you thonk.

BJPoQLM.gif

Chichikov

Unless they kill the legislative filibuster, don't they have to wait for the CBO score?
AFIAK, it's not explicitly said anywhere that the CBO is the body that determines the deficit impact of a bill as it applies to the reconciliation process.
Though it will really go down to what the parliamentarian say.

Plinko

Unless they kill the legislative filibuster, don't they have to wait for the CBO score?

I don't think anyone is entirely sure. They're using Price's own score for it, which is obviously going to be doctored to make it look way better than it is.

tbm24

At this point, if this leads to nothing I'd love for the 2020 nominees to openly court foreign countries for help. If the GOP isn't going to care about Russian collusion then Russia is going to go all in 2020 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom