• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
DFBSlX1UIAESrUG.jpg:large

I know we're all deeply depressed about what happened in 2016, but on the plus side, everyone should run on over to the Drudge Report and just enjoy the headline w/acommpanying photo.

Between this, Trump being forced to recognize the benefits of the Iran deal, and the new WSJ editorial saying Trump needs transparency before it's too late, and the Destiny 2 beta, I'm feeling a good morning.

The Moderate Darlings will not nuke the filibuster. Without it, they would actually have to take positions and be the deciding vote on unpopular bills.

Hopfrog

Are you guys seeing the front page on Fox news.com?

The first sveeral articles are about Hillary.

The wet dream of every Fox pundit is a world where Hillary is POTUS, Bill is VPOTUS, and Obama is Chief Justice of the Supreme Court - an endless parade of "liberal fascism" hot-takes and conspiracy mongering.

The wet dream of every Fox pundit is a world where Hillary is POTUS, Bill is VPOTUS, and Obama is Chief Justice of the Supreme Court - an endless parade of "liberal fascism" hot-takes and conspiracy mongering.

And Speaker ~~~PELOSI~~~ refusing to allow Congressional investigations into Seth Rich's death.

And Senate Majority Leader Kamala Harris talking over the white men with impunity.

And Susan Rice scouring Reddit for alt-righters to unmask.

Paul Ryan on CNN right now talking about it:

"Hey the House did our part!"
"This is all Democrats fault because they wouldn't work with us!"
"A single payer system is against our national interest!"

Dude's fucking ridiculous.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Dems wouldn't help you pass a bill you deliberately crafted in secret so they couldn't see it?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL keep trying with the "democrats obstructed" line. This is amazing to watch. They literally have nothing to offer.

Also, please proceed with the straight repeal, GOP, and further destroy any credibility you have. Dems may take over the Senate 2 years early if that happens.

lol, party of projection.

HEY, its not our fault the DEMS DIDNT FALL IN LINE. we never work with the dems, its there fault that some of the dems didnt accept what we wanted.

We're not exactly getting a rash of senators saying that repeal and delay is DOA. I exhaled too soon.
We didn't get a rash of senators saying the second senate bill was DOA on Day 0 either.

Collins and Rand are already nos on the "clean" repeal, and McCain is out for awhile, so it's not happening any time soon (or ever for that matter)

Barzul

@ChadPergram

Portman: I don’t support the house passed bill, so obviously I’m not going to support that bill.

It really might be dead. With no MTP on the House bill they can't insert the 2015 repeal law as an amendment correct?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
We didn't get a rash of senators saying the second senate bill was DOA on Day 0 either.

Collins and Rand are already nos on the "clean" repeal, and McCain is out for awhile, so it's not happening any time soon (or ever for that matter)

Rand is a no on clean repeal? What in the world does the guy even want? Complete destruction of the system where nobody has any health care at all?

Blader

Rand is a no on clean repeal? What in the world does the guy even want? Complete destruction of the system where nobody has any health care at all?

I think Rand is back to supporting clean repeal (even though he's the whole reason the House abandoned straight repeal and went for repeal and replace in the first place, lol). But Rand also thinks mandated healthcare is a form of slavery for doctors, so the complete destruction of the healthcare system probably is his endgame.

Plinko

Capito is officially a no on repeal and delay. That makes Collins and Capito, with Portman being negative. If Portman confirms no, it's over before it started.

Don't really know, I got it from this post

Hmm...Yeah, I wouldn't say he's a guaranteed no at this point. With the way he has talked recently, it actually seems like something he wants.

Blader

Rand was against a clean repeal earlier this year, and wanted a repeal and replace. That got Trump going "yeah, repeal and replace," which forced the House to work on a repeal and replace bill. But now Rand is back to supporting just straight repeal.

Holmes

Does he think the mandate is a form of slavery for doctors because that might benthe stupidest thing I've read and people post Trump tweets here all the time

Plinko

It is becoming quite obvious that the only solution for republicans here is to openly craft a bill with democrats. GOP senators are already calling for it.

That said, I'm not convinced Ryan/McConnell will ever allow it. Too much pride, too much arrogance.

Okay, I know Beltway media have to be polite and pretend these Republicans have actual intelligence or guiding principles, but can we stop acting as though Rand Paul has any complex, reasoned objections to this or any bill? He hates poor people because if they had any worth or intelligence, they'd be rich. Their poverty conveys their stupidity and unwillingness to work; ergo, they must be punished. His ideology can be distilled into those few hateful sentences.

I could see a compromise bill passing the Senate but probably not the House. The moderates might agree, but too many representatives have to answer to blood-red districts that would crucify them for working with Democrats.

PBY

Banned
It is becoming quite obvious that the only solution for republicans here is to openly craft a bill with democrats. GOP senators are already calling for it.

That said, I'm not convinced Ryan/McConnell will ever allow it. Too much pride, too much arrogance.

Dems shouldn't give an inch.

Plinko

Sean Sullivan‏Verified account @WaPoSean

CORNYN on Lee/Moran defection: Had "no idea" it was coming.

That's a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom