• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nelson, Pryor and Lincoln were the only Dem No votes on the healthcare reconciliation bill. Nelson because it got rid of the cornhusker kickback, Pryor to provide cover for Lincoln, Lincoln because she thought she could still win lol

The Senate bill got support from all 60 senators.

Also criminally underlooked: the original House vote on ACA got one, count 'em, one Republican vote. Joseph Cao of Louisiana whose seat was one of just three GOP-held seats to flip in 2010.

Yes, that's it.

sangreal

This would still need Trump's approval right? Assuming unless they get enough votes for an override.

I am sure it will be rolled into the spending bill and they will easily have enough votes to scare trump off

besides, I don't think Trump knows how to veto anything. He just signs whatever they put in front of him

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/07/24/how-trump-is-transforming-rural-america

The region is a Republican stronghold in a state that is starkly divided. Clinton won the Colorado popular vote by a modest margin, but Trump took nearly twice as many counties. The difference came from Denver and Boulder, two populous and liberal enclaves on the Front Range, the eastern side of the Rockies—the Colorado equivalents of New York and California. “Donald Trump lost those two counties by two hundred and seventy-three thousand votes, and he won the rest of the state by a hundred and forty thousand votes,” Steve House, the former chair of the state Republican Party, told me. “That means that most of Colorado, in my mind, is a conservative state.”

lmao math

Bronx-Man

Banned

this tratior.

+ Boris ephstein was just seen in the white house.

Russian Propaganda in the state is about to triple, trump and russia/putin are trying hard to steer the image of trump and russia treason. to bad I don't think the bus has a steering wheel anymore.

Yup. Expect the next level of "collusion is just alright with me" when nastier stuff drops.

I don't expect in my inexpert opinion that it'll help his numbers but buy him time.

Yup. Expect the next level of "collusion is just alright with me" when nastier stuff drops.

I don't expect in my inexpert opinion that it'll help his numbers but buy him time.
"Collusion is not a crime" stuff already started last week.

Framers are pretty dumb for not realizing a manchurian candidate possibility.

And as you can see from this map, Nevada has a Sen. Joe Heck.

Nevada_Senate_Election_Results_by_County%2C_2016.svg
I'm just amazed that Illinois Democrats were able to pass a gerrymander over Bill Brady's veto after that disastrous 2010 gubernatorial election.

Illinois_gubernatorial_election%2C_2010.svg

The only Democrat worth shit is Minnesota Senator Amy Klobuchar tbh imo bbq

800px-Mn-sen-2012-2.png

"Collusion is not a crime" stuff already started last week.

Framers are pretty dumb for not realizing a manchurian candidate possibility.

The framers might argue that they circumvented such a possibility by only letting the landed gentry vote, and clearly white, male landowners as a group would never have elected someone like Trump (he almost certainly wouldn't have made it through the primary over some milquetoast politician like Jeb!). But the framers did foresee that things change, hence the option to amend our Constitution to better serve the changing needs of a growing country. Reducing something to "why didn't the founding fathers think of this" is silly; the very fact that we have a means to amend the Constitution shows that they did. It's not their fault that we're doing a poor job of governing ourselves with the framework they put in place.

When To Trust A Story That Uses Unnamed Sources

The various investigations into the Trump administration and its alleged ties to Russia are hard to follow. The allegations are sometimes muddled, the probes are still ongoing, and all sides in the dispute are leaking information that favors their points of view. These stories are also hard to follow because few officials are willing to put their names behind their claims and comments, leading to a stream of stories rife with unnamed sources.

What’s a reader to do?

Super valuable information amidst all the spin that's taking place in the US.

Flip the script around--imagine Hillary had been President for the last six months and kept stepping in her own shit and had gotten absolutely nothing done, legislatively. And also had a giant scandal looming over her head. I mean I know it's literally impossible to imagine Hillary saying the completely idiotic and offensive shit Trump has said but that's beside the point because it will always be ignored by his supporters. But "promises kept" is a metric used by voters on both sides.

This isn't hard to imagine as it's probably what would have happened had she won. Hillary would have accomplished nothing with a Republican Congress, her constant mini-scandals would not have disappeared, her approval ratings would likely be horrible, and a 2018 red wave would be looming.

Slizeezyc

This isn't hard to imagine as it's probably what would have happened had she won. Hillary would have accomplished nothing with a Republican Congress, her constant mini-scandals would not have disappeared, her approval ratings would likely be horrible, and a 2018 red wave would be looming.

Yeah I generally agree with this take.

Yes.

JettDash

It may end up being for the best that she lost assuming the orange turd doesn't star ww3.

Bold statement.

That's gonna get ugly. Assata Shakur is a racially polarizing figure. Those who lean mode toward trusting authorities, like Tapper, as well as most white people, consider her a cop killer. If they know her.

Many black people see it differently.

She is really putting herself into the most polarizing topics lately.

Kusagari

A worst case scenario would have been Hillary winning without us getting the Senate and them still blocking the Supreme Court for 4 years.

royalan

A Clinton presidency wouldn't have destabilized our government though.

Or removed a shit-ton of common sense regulations by way of executive order.

Single mothers wouldn't be getting round up to be deported while walking their kids to school...probably.

We'd still be in the Paris Agreement and have the general trust of our allies.

We'd have blocked China from becoming the next global-economic center, something we might not come to appreciate for another decade or so.

Public schools wouldn't be under as much threat.

Net neutrality would be relatively safe.

Even talking about criminal justice wouldn't have amounted to one big "LOL your best bet is waiting 4-8 years before coming back to this one."

And there would be the chance that whatever juju makes her likable while actually holding an office would have kicked in.

I mean, I do agree that Hillary losing might have better positioned us long-term. But Hillary in office would have definitely saved us from some of the shit we're going through now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom