• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Wow, I did not expect to find this when I woke up this morning. It's like reverse election night.

It's probably over for this year but I'm not sure if it will rise from the dead next year.

Granted I really don't think healthcare is a good thing to touch during midterm campaign season.

There is absolutely ZERO chance they'll try this in 2018. It's dead until 2019 at the earliest and most likely, Dems will have the House back.

DF0_o8pUMAA3CYJ.jpg

The fucking fuck fucked Dems are if this happens.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Please, continue telling me Kid Rock can't win in Michigan.

I'm telling you: Michigan is degrading fast. Sexism is growing, racism is growing, and brain drain is making it more red. It's awful.

I still think Stabenow wins, but rural voters would come out of the woodwork to vote this guy in just like they did Trump.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I only saw a headline but it seemed like he did it as a publicity stunt and for libtard tears but actually thinks he could win???? I don't really know, it's embarrassing that it's a thing

He's still considering it. It's literally right there in that article. Polls like this will push him in.
Rock added he will hold a news conference in roughly six weeks ”to address this issue amongst others, and if I decide to throw my hat in the ring for US Senate, believe me ... it's game on m***********."

I am not going to worry about Kid Rock or any hypothetical polls until he actually decides to run, because right now this is literally like the polls showing Dwayne THE ROCK Johnson winning against Trump.

Plinko

Anecdotally, Granholm's disastrous run as governor really hurt the perception of female leaders in the state of Michigan. People in the rural areas I lived in were quite willing to give her a chance (many I knew voted for her) and they hated the way it turned out. I encountered this sentiment even in the Detroit area. She didn't have a great state legislature to work with, but she got all the blame.

Who's running against Capito/when is her term up? You can play clips from that video of the minister asking her to think of her daughter and her voting yes on everything.

Wilsongt

Those fuckers in the house need to sit down and shut the hell up.

As someone who deals with people on a daily basis unable to afford to go to the doctor/afford insurance, their crusade to stick to this compaign promise of stripping people of the ability to receive care is about as fucking selfish as you can get.

Pixieking

Banned
He is still exploring. And these polls which push him to run, why the fuck not?

Well, look at Trump - no wins, and his reputation is in tatters. Governing and helping legislate is hard. It's easy to say "Oh, yeah, but polls," but you think Trump would seriously have gone-in on the campaign knowing what he knows now? I'll grant you there's a chance he still would, but I think it more likely he'd chicken out at the Republican National Conference, and hand his delegates over to someone who he knew would push his agenda.

Yeah, Kid Rock could go-in on it. But it's an easier life to shout from the sidelines and Monday morning quarterback, and you can always claim you're right, or not care you're wrong (aka "the Pachter scenario").

Plinko

Mission 1 for Stabenow if he ran would be blanketing the airwaves about how he grew up in a mansion and how his persona is completely fake. If there's one thing rural people in Michigan hate, it's people pretending to be country.

As for health care, it's not over. They're going to continue going after it. I hope one of the leaders finally says, "Alright, we need to work together."

AndyD

aka andydumi
Mission 1 for Stabenow if he ran would be blanketing the airwaves about how he grew up in a mansion and how his persona is completely fake. If there's one thing rural people in Michigan hate, it's people pretending to be country.

As for health care, it's not over. They're going to continue going after it. I hope one of the leaders finally says, "Alright, we need to work together."

Several governors this morning already said its time to move on and look at stabilizing the markets and bringing down costs. Neither of which is in any of the bills so far. I think near everyone is "done".

Owzers

Trumps takeaway of getting rid of the filibuster means he'll continue to not care about policy and just try to bully to a vote count.

Crocodile

It wouldn't be a day that ends in Y if cartoon_soldier didn't find something within the nooks and crannies of the internet to freak out about. Couldn't even take a day to bask in the failure of the GOP healthcare effort huh? Who is this polling group? What are there methods? Should we care if one of the candidates even haven't declared yet?

Scott Wong‏Verified account
@scottwongDC

After Senate ObamaCare repeal defeat, @SpeakerRyan tells rank & file Rs that House is the functioning part of the government

Good lesson to take away from last night.

Kusagari

They might not be a top tier pollster, but they are a legitimate one.

Any poll from a legitimate pollster where Kid fucking Rock gets 48% should be terrifying.

ya'll see that russia is planning on kicking out a bunch of us diplomats and seizing of us compounds in russia in retaliation of the new russian sanctions?

good. keep sanctioning hte shit out of them until we, the us, and our western allies can come up with a adequate comprehensive, and forward looking, response to russias actions these past few years

Gruco

Banned
I hope we get to hear Trump talk more about how health Care is really difficult policy, and then proceed to explain how what makes it hard is that they have a narrow majority with both moderate and extremist elements. You know, because he literally doesn't understand anything about policy itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom