• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Ryan's district actually has the lowest Republican PVI in WI - R+5 - but we probably can't get him barring an unprecedented wave and unmitigated disaster for Republicans.

I see a few R+7s and R+8s, which might be vulnerable in a wave and with the right candidates, but I admit I don't know the dynamics of those districts.
The Dem Speaker lost his seat in 1994, and Trump's administration seems to have more parallels with the early Clinton years than anything.

Not saying Ryan will lose though.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Oh my god, Trump saying some Chicago cop told him if this guy had the authority he could wipe out all of gang members in a couple days without problem. Like uh, Duterte style?

Dan

Word salad.

Want to win some seats in Wisconsin? This might be something to focus on:
Foxconn has made huge promises about building factories and hiring thousands before, and shit has never really materialized.

Dan

He's simultaneously lethargic and unfocused. Random healthcare and deficit asides.

Jesus, now he's suggesting police officers rough up suspects by bashing their heads into the sides of cars.

Kevinroc

I wasn't around for Jimmy Carter, but is this what it was like? This ineffective president who couldn't even work with his own party?

(At least Carter is a decent human being.)

Vixdean

It's stuff like this that reminds me that actually, yeah, most cops are just ignorant pieces of shit who were too dumb to pursue a different profession.

I wasn't around for Jimmy Carter, but is this what it was like? This ineffective president who couldn't even work with his own party?

Carter was at least decent, as you say, and could deliver a coherent speech.

I still think the Crisis of Confidence speech is one of the most underappreciated in political history and helped to seal his defeat. Americans hate being told to consume less.

every single police officer laughing and clapping at the idea of police brutality... and were supposed to trust you motherfuckers? digusting pure and simple. every day under this piece of shit and his exposing of bigotry and hate makes me sadder every day

Dan

"Human trafficking is worse now than ever before in human existence!" Umm... I think there have been some other time periods with massive, institutionalized trafficking of human beings...

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
"Human trafficking is worse now than ever before in human existence!" Umm... I think there have been some other time periods with massive, institutionalized trafficking of human beings...

Came to post this quote. He is a fucking moron.

Carter's "ineffectiveness" is somewhat overstated. He created two federal agencies (Education and Energy) and made massive changes in response to the energy crisis, deregulated airline transportation and financial services, and passed a large capital gains tax cut. It's not like nothing happened over his four years.

CNN cuts immediately to a reporter embedded with gang members saying Trump's own words are helping them out. Making innocent immigrants scared to report and cooperate with police, increasing recruitment, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom