• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I would like to assume McConnell, Ryan and others are dragging their feet just for partisan gains.. but it could be worse than that. Mueller's investigation is too important to be fucked with right now.

What a sad state of affairs that I can't disagree with this sentiment and statement :(

Ogodei

Conservative outlet, but #finetunedmachine:

http://theresurgent.com/cabinet-lev...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

*googles 25th amendment*

Heh, that's the one thing i thought could never happen, but if Trump manages to turn Tillerson and Sessions against him, well, who on the cabinet is more personally loyal? Perry's probably got enough ties to the party that he'd trigger 25th Amendent if the RNC got it in their head that this was the best option. Chao would vote that way if her husband wanted her to, probably. Kelly and Ross are dim-witted shitheads enough to stick by Trump, as is Carson. Shulkin would probably vote against.

Zolo

Because he recused himself, the authority on the investigation goes to Rosenstein and Mueller. As much as I hate the guy, that might not be the case if he's gone.

We are in the middle of a constitutional crisis involving the take over of our government from a foreign power who has loaded our government with compromised patsies. I think sorting that is more important. Maybe that's wrong, but I don't see the same sort of upside of Sessions being fired as you do. As I am not confident in whoever replaces him to be any better on the things you are hoping them to be better on. I think all that changes is Mueller somehow being impeded
This, to me, is why the investigation is important beyond the Trump campaign. It's also in part to see just how much work Russia's done in compromising members in the government through financial dealings and more.

JettDash

I think them getting the MTP and voting on all the amendments and everything only to lose the vote on the at the end is the best outcome. Though I would prefer that it dies before it gets there just to be sure.

sangreal

Heh, that's the one thing i thought could never happen, but if Trump manages to turn Tillerson and Sessions against him, well, who on the cabinet is more personally loyal? Perry's probably got enough ties to the party that he'd trigger 25th Amendent if the RNC got it in their head that this was the best option. Chao would vote that way if her husband wanted her to, probably. Kelly and Ross are dim-witted shitheads enough to stick by Trump, as is Carson. Shulkin would probably vote against.

Minister of Fossil Fuel Jobs EPA Admnistrator Pruitt
Mulvaney
Mnuchin
Carson

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think them getting the MTP and voting on all the amendments and everything only to lose the vote on the at the end is the best outcome. Though I would prefer that it dies before it gets there just to be sure.
They won't lose.

broz0rs

Yeah, it seems like this is going to pass, unless some miracle happens. It's not the end, but what a sad day.

Iirc people were making fun of McConnell during the past few weeks. That man has been the most powerful politician for a good reason and he should have never been underestimated.

Zukkoyaki

Yeah, it seems like this is going to pass, unless some miracle happens. It's not the end, but what a sad day.

Iirc people were making fun of McConnell during the past few weeks. That man has been the most powerful politician for a good reason and he should have never been underestimated.
Feels more like overestimating other senators more so than underestimating McConnell to me.

Zolo

Not that I'm saying you're wrong, but that's also been said several times before. We'll see how things go.

McConnell's plan is still really stupid.

Oh my god don't start. He flew a dying man across the country last minute to barely wrangle 50 votes to even begin debating about a bill that doesn't even EXIST right now.

MCCONNELL IS NOT A POWERFUL POLITICIAN.

Kusagari

Rob Portman is a shit.

But a terrific actor. He plays moderate darling SO damn well.

I never bought it because he sells the act but never actually walks the walk. At some point you realize, like with Graham and McCain, that it's all just posturing.

Collins and Murkowski are the only two that ever actually do anything in opposition.

This is a procedural vote, lets slow down on patting McConnell on the back

How so? Its probably (maybe not, bc so much is up in the air right now) going to get this thing passed.

He's passing nothing substantial and hoping that something gets created in the House/Senate committee.

Because he was unable to actually come up with a workable plan, he decided to just punt the problem to another place so he didn't have to deal with it.

He's basically doing what the House did, except after this there aren't anymore places to punt the problem for another time.

sangreal

How so? Its probably (maybe not, bc so much is up in the air right now) going to get this thing passed.

The same trick worked to get it passed in the house too, but I wouldn't say it worked out too well for them. They spent the past week decrying the fact that they voted for an unpopular bill the Senate didn't fix

Mizerman

Yeah no, this does not prove that McConnell is some master tactician with a 12th level intellect.

PBY

Banned
He's passing nothing substantial and hoping that something gets created in the House/Senate committee.

Because he was unable to actually come up with a workable plan, he decided to just punt the problem to another place so he didn't have to deal with it.

He's basically doing what the House did, except after this there aren't anymore places to punt the problem for another time.

Sure, but its the only way to keep the process moving forward. They may just say fuck it and pass this thing.

Have you read the posts on this page?

Yes.

Session is not lasting no matter what. He shouldn't quit, he should force Trump to fire him. It hurts Trump with his own base, and makes the case even stronger for impeachment (as well as making it easier).

Sure, but its the only way to keep the process moving forward. They may just say fuck it and pass this thing.

The process has to have an end goal eventually. It either passes or fails. They can't keep pushing it off to some other chamber forever.

They seem unable to actually tackle the problem. Every time this moves forward, it's always with the misguided assumption that someone else out there can make it better.

Blader

While MTP isn't the same as a yes on repeal and replace, going into debate at all is worrying because it's going to suddenly raise a ton of momentum and pressure on Heller, Capito, Portman, et al. to go along with whatever the final healthcare bill ends up looking like.

Ogodei

Capito's probably the ballgame, unless you see some wildcard stuff from Moran, Lee, or Johnson.

Buckle up for vote-o-rama and Mitch McConnell's Turtle Shell Game.

JettDash

If if they pass the skinny repeal or whatever they still have to conference with the House to negotiate a bill, and then pass it in each chamber.

PBY

Banned
Capito's probably the ballgame, unless you see some wildcard stuff from Moran, Lee, or Johnson.

Buckle up for vote-o-rama and Mitch McConnell's Turtle Shell Game.

Will HHS score the new bill? Assuming the CBO won't have time right...?
If if they pass the skinny repeal or whatever they still have to conference with the House to negotiate a bill, and then pass it in each chamber.

I wouldn't count on this to save teh bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom