• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no point to any theater around the parliamentarian. Ignoring them means nuking the filibuster. If Mitch wants to do that (and he might), then he'll just do that. No point in extra work.

PBY

Banned
The political spectrum does not consist solely of social justice issues!
Who said it did? You said you hate extremists, many social justice causes would have died without their efforts.

Same can be said for various other aspects of our political landscape.

Like, I seriously think Charles Djou, that Republican from Hawaii who served briefly in the House because two Democrats split the vote, is farther left than Tulsi on gay issues.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Quick, someone tell me if Tulsi Gabbard is a moderate or just an asshole
Last night she was laughing it up with Tucker Carlson over Democratic/liberal concerns of the abundance of connections certain people have with Russians and with supporting Russian policy interests...

PBY

Banned
Like, I seriously think Charles Djou, that Republican from Hawaii who served briefly in the House because two Democrats split the vote, is farther left than Tulsi on gay issues.

It'd be close.

Last night she was laughing it up with Tucker Carlson over Democratic/liberal concerns of the abundance of connections certain people have with Russians and with supporting Russian policy interests...

This means nothing with respect to one's political leanings?

There are times when I understand why people become apathetic to the democratic process. When you see shit like this:

Heller: I won't vote for this!

DFmae5VWsAELZeU.jpg

Heller: Ok, I'll vote.

It's hard not to become disillusioned.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So BCHA is done for now, full repeal is likely dead. That just leaves skinny repeal right?

Going into this, it sounds like the plan is to pass skinny repeal, and then punt the creation of the real bill once again to the house and senate conference committee. So those two things failing isn't a surprise.

It'd be close.

This means nothing with respect to one's political leanings?

Are you really going to act as though the Russia investigation hasn't been shamefully politicized, with many Republicans and their voters refusing even to acknowledge the hint of the problem?

You normally downplay, but now you've ventured into being purposely obtuse.

PBY

Banned

I mean, "pro-Assad" or anti-arming rebels?

Don't necessarily agree with her visit, but her policy stance in this case seems reasonable.
Are you really going to act as though the Russia investigation hasn't been shamefully politicized, with many Republicans and their voters refusing even to acknowledge the hint of the problem?

You normal downplay, but now you've ventured into being purposely obtuse.

It has been politicized, no shit. I didn't say it hasn't been?

Going into this, it sounds like the plan is to pass skinny repeal, and then punt the creation of the real bill once again to the house and senate conference committee. So those two things failing isn't a surprise.

After this, they run out of people to punt it to. I wonder when that little fact will settle into their minds.

There are times when I understand why people become apathetic to the democratic process. When you see shit like this:

Heller: I won't vote for this!

DFmae5VWsAELZeU.jpg

Heller: Ok, I'll vote.

It's hard not to see become disillusioned.

Really sad. WTF are they going to do if forced to provide better insurance for their employees? Move out of Vegas? Bitch to the citizens of Nevada that they shouldn't have better insurance, so don't vote for Heller? Their only population centers rely on tourism and service level jobs!

Don't necessarily agree with her visit, but her policy stance in this case seems reasonable.

It has been politicized, no shit. I didn't say it hasn't been?

Dismissing the entirety of Assad's Syrian opposition as "terrorists" seems like a pretty "pro-Assad" propoganda point.

PBY

Banned
Dismissing the entirety of Assad's Syrian opposition as "terrorists" seems like a pretty "pro-Assad" propoganda point.

Agree, and I disagree with the characterization (as with a shitload of her views, to be very clear). But, based on my limited knowledge, I support the policy outcome.

They'll just bitch about how Dems are going around constitutional and senate norms and how they're destroying American institutions cuz they know the media will never call them out on the fact that Republicans already did all those things

Sadly THIS ^^

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Without debating that point, there's a way to state and support that policy position without actively supporting right wing viewpoints that all the Russia stuff is a crazy conspiracy theory and irrational witch hunt.

Agree, and I disagree with the characterization (as with a shitload of her views, to be very clear). But, based on my limited knowledge, I support the policy outcome.

And this I agree with. The CIA program was a dumb one (as giving guns to rebels and just letting them lose usually is), but this meeting happened well before any such program was unveiled. Combine some pro-Assad statements with attempts to discredit the Russia investigation, and you got someone who looks fishy as shit.

You not only have limited knowledge, you have extremely limited, misinformed knowledge.

The number of civilians killed by "rebels", including ISIS, pales in comparison to the staggering amount of civilians killed and tortured to death by Assad.

PBY

Banned
You not only have limited knowledge, you have extremely limited, misinformed knowledge.

The number of civilians killed by "rebels", including ISIS, pales in comparison to the staggering amount of civilians killed and tortured to death by Assad.

?

I'm very aware of this. Arming rebels fixes what exactly though?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Greg Giroux @greggiroux

U.S. House on 419-3 vote passed bill that would impose additional sanctions on Russia, Iran, North Korea
Rs 229-3
Ds 190-0

Overwhelmingly indeed

Who are the three? Is one of them Rohrbacher?

pigeon

Banned
We all knew it was coming, but I'm still kinda surprised the Republican controlled House would back Trump into a corner like that

It's almost as if they know he's working with Russia and they're just trying to roll with it to get their legislative goals rammed through while hoping he doesn't sabotage us too badly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom