• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's still the crazy tea partiers. None of them have indicated they support the skinny repeal, and their counterparts in the House do not want it.

Let's not jump the gun here.

If we can't get Paul to nay the skinny repeal, I don't see how we're gonna get crazies like Lee and Johnson. That doesn't mean skinny repeal goes any further. It has a chance of going further, but it's more likely the tea party will dump all over it in the House.

They don't have bill yet, or a CBO score, or 50 confirmed yeses, so let's not count chickens before they hatch. Anything can still happen. A day or two of headlines showing 20% increases in premiums via a CBO report coming Thursday night/Friday morning could just as easily end this.

If we can't get Paul to nay the skinny repeal, I don't see how we're gonna get crazies like Lee and Johnson. That doesn't mean skinny repeal goes any further. It has a chance of going further, but it's more likely the tea party will dump all over it in the House.

Rand is a different brand of crazy than Cruz and friends.

I'm just having a really hard time seeing Cruz and friends voting to extend funding for Planned Parenthood and abortions

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Not surprising that Gardner wouldn't even take the symbolic moderate gesture to vote no on the full repeal. That guy is the worst.

A skinny repeal bill is going to come out of any committee looking a hell of a lot more like the House bill than the senate bill...and the house bill was shot the fuck down the first time they passed one.

Barzul

Clearly the goal here is to form conference with the house. Trump is spending so much political capital on healthcare....I don't see the point. It's definitely not going to get done this year.

Teggy

I guess this is our judge of presidential approval now?

DFr7iNvV0AE-MSF

pigeon

Banned
Clearly the goal here is to form conference with the house. Trump is spending so much political capital on healthcare....I don't see the point. It's definitely not going to get done this year.

Nah. The House has already taken the worst vote in this whole thing. They'll just pressure the House to pass the senate bill. No conference.

What would be the point.

Kick the can back to the House so they can deal with this for a few more months? Why are they doing these things?
The "plan", such as it is, is to magically hope it turns into a full repeal in conference committee. Since it would have to go back to both chambers after that I'm not that would work either.

So the GOP will ignore insurance companies, aka MONEY, on a Skinny Repeal. Surely said companies wouldn't like to see their market collapse right?

Nah. The House has already taken the worst vote in this whole thing. They'll just pressure the House to pass the senate bill. No conference.

But the HFC has already said they won't vote for skinny repeal?

These guys couldn't even get pressured into cutting social security because they wanted bigger cuts.

Wasnt Lindsey against Skinny Repeal?

Lindsey was against either the BCRA or the Skinny, but I don't remember which. There's not a whole lot available about who is and is not for the Skinny partly because there's a vote-o-rama first (if I remember right). He could be against the Skinny. Johnson could be too. But with Heller indicating that he wants this to move forward and Paul saying the same, I'm real cautious about relying on anyone.

Dear God this is just spiralling into more and more stupid.

There's literally a seperation of Church and State in the fucking Constitution Trump, please fucking read the damn thing.

Lindsey was against either the BCRA or the Skinny, but I don't remember which. There's not a whole lot available about who is and is not for the Skinny partly because there's a vote-o-rama first (if I remember right). He could be against the Skinny. Johnson could be too. But with Heller indicating that he wants this to move forward and Paul saying the same, I'm real cautious about relying on anyone.
How long is the vote o rama gonna last? And yeah, Lindsey said he was against Skinny Repeal yesterday.

Slacker

I guess this is our judge of presidential approval now?

wut, do 9 year olds really have such shoddy handwriting?
I thought this was the age they had them tracing cursive letters.

I have a nine-year-old who doesn't write and/or convey thoughts anything like this. He also hates Trump, but that's more of a classmates thing - I don't talk politics in front of him.

Anything is possible of course, but if an actual nine-year-old wrote this I'll snatch a knot in my own ass.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what those republican senators who voted no on repeal today have to say about their yes vote on exactly that legislation those 50 times while Obama was president.

Maxim726X

I guess we'll see. It's gonna be a lot of pressure on them.

They'll rubber stamp anything.

They need a 'win' here, even if it it doesn't fuck over people enough, I can't see them voting it down.

I wonder what those republican senators who voted no on repeal today have to say about their yes vote on exactly that legislation those 50 times while Obama was president.

Already been answered: They didn't think Trump would win so they never had an actual plan.

How long is the vote o rama gonna last? And yeah, Lindsey said he was against Skinny Repeal yesterday.

If I remember right, it can last as long as there are amendments being proposed and the speaker lets it continue, but will likely end Thursday with the skinny proposal Friday.

I think skinny repeal will pass. They are probably exhausted as hell from this bill and want to move on. Without it they just will straight up have wasted 7 months of full control that rarely comes around

I think skinny repeal will pass. They are probably exhausted as hell from this bill and want to move on. Without it they just will straight up have wasted 7 months of full control that rarely comes around

But it will link them to the inevitable collapse of the market. You can't blame Obama while touting your victory at the same time.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
This is gonna suck if skinny repeal passes. Trump will play it up as a big win. These last two days have been disheartening.

But it will link them to the inevitable collapse of the market. You can't blame Obama while touting your victory at the same time.

From a conservative ideological perspective or from a GOP political perspective, it's really shitty. It doesn't give them room on tax cuts, it puts them even more on the hook for market collapse, and it doesn't particularly cut the welfare state. That's why I think the conference bill will be something bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom