• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys know what we should talk about? Clinton. Because she's so relevant right now.

*Sessions arguing against homosexuals getting Title VII protections.*

Yup, Clinton. Relevant.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Good fucking lord Pence is a caricature.

-Sigh- One day crusty old men won't be trying to tell me and other women what we should and shouldn't be allowed to do with our bodies and what services we should and shouldn't be allowed to have access to... I can dream right?

Howard Dean apparently floated the possibility of Lisa Murkowski changing parties today, wonder if she'd bite or if leadership is seriously talking to her about it.

If she goes, Collins goes. They're a package deal like McCain and Graham.
The only reason I wouldn't see it happening now is because even if they both flipped, they'd still be in the minority. They can both do more from their current posts.

Now if Dems even netted just one seat next year...

PBY

Banned
You guys know what we should talk about? Clinton. Because she's so relevant right now.

*Sessions arguing against homosexuals getting Title VII protections.*

Yup, Clinton. Relevant.

I mean she sucks up coverage. People here keep saying she doesn't matter, but that's just a lie.

She'll never run for office again, but she's a lightning rod. Its naive to say what she says doesn't reflect on the party.

Which is why this book is dumb as fuck. I still haven't heard a good reason or defense for her putting this out by the way.

Which is why this book is dumb as fuck. I still haven't heard a good reason or defense for her putting this out by the way.

A publisher decided to buy the book and publish it because there's obviously public interest in it. You think Random House/Scribner/Knopf etc. are charities?

There's your reason.

jtb

Banned
I mean she sucks up coverage. People here keep saying she doesn't matter, but that's just a lie.

She'll never run for office again, but she's a lightning rod. Its naive to say what she says doesn't reflect on the party.

She wants the money and people will read it.

She'll never run for office again, but she's a lightening rod. Its naive to say what she says doesn't reflect on the party.

This is literally a self-fulfilling prophecy. She's only relevant because we talk about her being relevant which in turn makes her relevant. 2016 is over. There's energy better spent countering the constant crises induced by this administration. (This goes double for Clinton herself)

*but yes, now is not the time for Clinton to try and cash-in on a publishing deal*

Yes because losing candidates have NEVER released books reflecting on the campaign and discussing the future. You sound unhinged. Stop making me defend Hillary Clinton, man...

tbm24

Running for president, first female nominee for a major party in the US, former SoS don't count as good reasons to put out a book about her experience?

dramatis

Hua Mulan has more probably more sources than Jesus, and I doubt Pence would dismiss him or his morals out of hand.

I'm not saying Mulan is a factual retelling of history.
Mulan of course is not a factual retelling of history, but Hua Mulan appeared as a character in a poem written hundreds of years ago. That's hardly a source for legit history. Her subsequent stories are expressed in a variety of media works, which are also not sources of history.

Chinese history can't even decide if her family name was actually Hua, the original poem only called her Mulan. It's debateable whether she truly existed or not.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Can you imagine how incompetent the White House would become if the Chief of Staff suddenly goes from Washington insider to Sleazy 80s Guy? It's... I mean... it was bad enough already, but...

barber

I mean the loser of the last election had a documentary about his run (with film during it!) that launched a little more than a year after election. I don't think someone who runs such an election would say no to a deal which will probably give lots of money to fund charitable work (such as the Obama healthcare speach).

Dr. Worm

Banned
If anything, the all-engulfing shitstorm going on right now that may well be the nadir of the Trump presidency is arguably the ideal time for a Clinton book to come out.

People might go soft once he's impeached, and they won't have all this actual news going on.

jtb

Banned
If anything, the all-engulfing shitstorm going on right now that may well be the nadir of the Trump presidency is arguably the ideal time for a Clinton book to come out.

People might go soft once he's impeached, and they won't have all this actual news going on.

Ha. You know it's going to be the exact opposite. It'll be front page on the New York Times, while Trump's impeachment is pushed to A17

You think we've reached the nadir already? Child...

Trouble

Banned

What is this? Why would a private citizen need to defend putting out a book?

Mulan of course is not a factual retelling of history, but Hua Mulan appeared as a character in a poem written hundreds of years ago. That's hardly a source for legit history. Her subsequent stories are expressed in a variety of media works, which are also not sources of history.

Chinese history can't even decide if her family name was actually Hua, the original poem only called her Mulan. It's debateable whether she truly existed or not.

Yeah I heard it as Fa Mu Lan (from the Woman Warrior).

Clinton's gotta eat. Part of the benefits of leaving public life are the financial opportunities of speaking, books, etc. I see no harm here.

That said, I won't be reading it heh

Zolo

Clinton's gotta eat. Part of the benefits of leaving public life are the financial opportunities of speaking, books, etc. I see no harm here.

That said, I won't be reading it heh

I'd rather stuff like books wait until after the Trump presidency, but eh. She's a citizen. She can do whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom