• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slacker

Can you imagine how incompetent the White House would become if the Chief of Staff suddenly goes from Washington insider to Sleazy 80s Guy? It's... I mean... it was bad enough already, but...

He'll be so busy running the White House he'll forget to cure his boneitis.

Doesn't PP defunding fail the Byrd rule test? The parliamentarian already ruled on it relating to AHCA.
Yes. Which is why I'm confused why they would include it in Skinny Repeal bill if that axios article is accurate.

unless they don't caste because they are overruling parliamentarian

The only reason I'm not letting go of the Murky/Collins-changing-parties thing is because odds are one of them pulling a Jim Jeffords is the only thing that could stand in the way of Trump for the next four years.

Imagine if we won the House majority and swung NV and AZ next year. I would want Schumer negotiating hard to get one of them to caucus with us (only Murkowski if Collins is governor by then).

Otherwise we have two years of blocking any legislation, which is great! But then this 50/50-ass Senate can still rubber stamp any judicial appointments including SCOTUS. No thank you.

Incidentally I wonder what would happen if Trump was faced with a D House and D Senate in January 2019. Maybe he just quits right then and there.

Ogodei

Mulan of course is not a factual retelling of history, but Hua Mulan appeared as a character in a poem written hundreds of years ago. That's hardly a source for legit history. Her subsequent stories are expressed in a variety of media works, which are also not sources of history.

Chinese history can't even decide if her family name was actually Hua, the original poem only called her Mulan. It's debateable whether she truly existed or not.

Women faking their way into armies is a tale as old as time and probably has some grain of truth, whether because the woman really wanted to be a soldier or maybe something like Mulan's actual plot where she was covering for a more valued family member (i wouldn't doubt in a place like China some peasant families might have conspired to send a daughter to war rather than a valued son).

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on that skinny repeal mandate detox cleanse. I can only drink water and and libtard tears for two weeks.

Wilsongt

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
"One of the things that has been lost in the politics of this situation is that the Russians collected and spread negative information.....
9:35 AM · Jul 27, 2017

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
...about then candidate Trump." Catherine Herridge @FoxNews. So why doesn't Fake News report this? Witch Hunt! Purposely phony reporting.
9:45 AM · Jul 27, 2017

Yes, you are correct Mr. President. Fox is doing purposely phony reporting.

Also, this DWS aide deflection is lol worthy

Heads up on new Skinny repeal. In short, it's getting fatter, with a defunding of PP for 1 year, but perplexing with it's removal of the tax cut for medical devices.

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/890593382518726656

Err... this was specifically noted as something that would not pass via reconciliation when it was part of the larger bill.

Also, they might lose Paul adding this garbage. He didn't want anything added to the skinny repeal.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Look at the body language on these middle schoolers

DFwR2IWXgAE5V0A.jpg

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Anyone else thinks Jeff Sessions himself is in on this whole thing? Let's not forget hes part of the Russian mess. This is the only way they can get rid of Special council.

This seems fishy as fuck

pigeon

Banned
I mean she sucks up coverage. People here keep saying she doesn't matter, but that's just a lie.

She'll never run for office again, but she's a lightning rod. Its naive to say what she says doesn't reflect on the party.

Which is why this book is dumb as fuck. I still haven't heard a good reason or defense for her putting this out by the way.

It's astonishing how much right you feel you have to police every action of a retired senator because she lost an election.

I rather enjoy that they had Zinke of all people call and threaten Murkowski. You know, the woman who controls the ability to move forward interior nominations and controls the appropriation dollars for the department.

Oh guess what?

Kasie Hunt‏Verified account
@kasie

DELAYED: Hearing to confirm a series of nominees to Zinke's Interior. Murkowski also controls Interior $$ via approps subcom chair

giphy.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

PBY

Banned
It's astonishing how much right you feel you have to police every action of a retired senator because she lost an election.

I'm not "policing" shit. She can do what she wants. I can think its dumb.

It doesn't really matter, outside of the shitstorm that it will kick up for a few weeks when it drops. There's already an 11 page thread on this in OT.

The only reason I'm not letting go of the Murky/Collins-changing-parties thing is because odds are one of them pulling a Jim Jeffords is the only thing that could stand in the way of Trump for the next four years.

Imagine if we won the House majority and swung NV and AZ next year. I would want Schumer negotiating hard to get one of them to caucus with us (only Murkowski if Collins is governor by then).

Otherwise we have two years of blocking any legislation, which is great! But then this 50/50-ass Senate can still rubber stamp any judicial appointments including SCOTUS. No thank you.

Incidentally I wonder what would happen if Trump was faced with a D House and D Senate in January 2019. Maybe he just quits right then and there.

They're not changing parties because they're not Democrats. End of discussion.

I'm not "policing" shit. She can do what she wants. I can think its dumb.

It doesn't really matter, outside of the shitstorm that it will kick up for a few weeks when it drops. There's already an 11 page thread on this in OT.

You should probably just avoid stuff about her a while. Her name is like a bat signal for you

PBY

Banned
You should probably just avoid stuff about her a while. Her name is like a bat signal for you

Im avoiding that thread for the most part.

Its wild because I was full-on team Hillary during the primaries, and was calling for Bernie to drop for months.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If they didn't care about it, they wouldn't have had it added to the original bill.

I agree with you, but it wouldn't surprise me if they just ignored it and went ahead with the bill anyway. "Well, we tried."

So the parliamentarian just ruled that state waivers for EH benefits and out of pocket maximums violates the Byrd rule and would require 60 votes.

https://twitter.com/patcaldwell/status/890608380586237952

It's almost like the reconciliation process wasn't made for repealing huge pieces of legislation!

I agree with you, but it wouldn't surprise me if they just ignored it and went ahead with the bill anyway. "Well, we tried."

My hope is that Kasich is making some stern calls to Portman

Ernest

Banned
Does anyone else think nothing will come of this Trans ban? He hasn't signed anything, and by most accounts he really hasn't talked to anyone in the military about it, nor does he understand the proper channels something like this must go through. He just drops these tweet bombs to make everyone crazy, i.e. Obama wiretapping, taping Comey, then acts like nothing happened and moves on to the next crazy comment.

Nothing ever comes out of anything with Trump. He's all talk, and just looking for reactions. He's too lazy (every kind of lazy, especially intellectually) to want to figure out how to actually get things done. So he'll just say a bunch of shit, not do anything about it, and then move on to saying more shit, forgetting what he had said previously. It's kind of a blessing in disguise, as it keeps him from doing even more damage to the country.

dramatis

Apparently Newt is also getting in on the action.
Newt Gingrich, the former Republican speaker of the House, was on NPR's Morning Edition Wednesday interviewed by Rachel Martin.

Gingrich threw out a lot of allegations, including that the Justice Department is "very liberal" and "anti-Trump"; that Robert Mueller, the former FBI director and now special counselor in charge of the Russia investigation, is biased because of donations to Hillary Clinton from people at his law firm; and that Mueller has hired "killers" to take down Trump.

What Gingrich, who met with Trump the day before, had to say lacked some key context. So, we at NPR decided to fact-check it and provide some of that context. Trump is still listening to Gingrich, so his comments may be indicative of what Trump believes about the Russia investigation.
Is Gingrich also angling for a job?

Yeah I heard it as Fa Mu Lan (from the Woman Warrior).
That's what the Disney version goes with fwiw. Apparently the producers knew Hua Mulan is considered more accurate, but liked how Fa Mulan sounded better.
Hate to tell you guys but 'Hua' and 'Fa' are the same name, just that
Hua = Mandarin pronunciation
Fa = Cantonese pronunciation

lol

Problem with the Disney "Fa Mulan" is that she then has a Cantonese pronounced family name while having a Mandarin pronounced first name

In some works, Mulan has the family name Wei, that's where the dispute is.

Zolo

Does anyone else think nothing will come of this Trans ban? He hasn't signed anything, and by most accounts he really hasn't talked to anyone in the military about it, nor does he understand the proper channels something like this must go through. He just drops these tweet bombs to make everyone crazy, i.e. Obama wiretapping, taping Comey, then acts like nothing happened and moves on to the next crazy comment.

Nothing ever comes out of anything with Trump. He's all talk, and just looking for reactions. He's too lazy (every kind of lazy, especially intellectually) to want to figure out how to actually get things done. So he'll just say a bunch of shit, not do anything about it, and then move on to saying more shit, forgetting what he had said previously. It's kind of a blessing in disguise, as it keeps him from doing even more damage to the country.

Trump was planning it at some point and too many people in his admin. want it. They'll get someone to write something up with Trump signing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom