• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Isn't that for the whole event?

Still crazy, but not just for one act.

This is big. I'm wondering just how much longer Sessions sticks around. The fucking loser is going to get ripped to shreds by Trump even more.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-15/trump-blocked-by-judge-on-threat-to-punish-sanctuary-cities

The Trump administration lost another round in its effort to punish cities that don’t cooperate with its crackdown on undocumented immigrants.

A Chicago federal judge ruled Friday the U.S. Justice Department can’t withhold millions of dollars in grants supporting public safety from cities that refuse to share with federal officials the immigration status of suspects in custody.

Downtown LA is building up like mad right now. We just finished wilshire grand, we're cranking on three giant towers called metropolis and I'm starting on a 24 story tower as well. All kinds of stuff going up. We're still way too spread out and have a ton of people though. Prices are high. Surrounding areas need to build up more too.

24 Floors? Would the building be one of the ones on Spring St?

LA's gonna look so damn different in just a few years with the 66 story 925 S Fig, 64 story 755 S Fig, Olympia Towers and 1045 Olive.

And that still doesn't count proposed or all the construction going up now.

uh, what?

WSJ: Trump Administration Won't Withdraw from Paris Climate Deal

*Trump Administration Won't Withdraw from Paris Climate Deal -- EU Official

*U.S. Has Stated It Will ‘Not Renegotiate the Paris Accord' But Will Review Its Terms -- EU Climate Official

*Trump Administration Said in June It Would Nix or Renegotiate the Climate Accord

(More to Come)

that's the entire article. I have no idea what's going on or, since it's sourced to an EU official, if this is even an official stance or just "Trump agrees with the last person he talked to" or what

edit: they updated the article:
NEW YORK—Trump administration officials said Saturday the U.S. wouldn't pull out of the Paris Agreement, offering to re-engage in the international deal to fight climate change, according to the European Union's top energy official.

The shift from President Donald Trump's decision in June to renegotiate the landmark accord or craft a new deal came during a meeting of more than 30 ministers led by Canada, China and the European Union in Montreal.

”The U.S. has stated that they will not renegotiate the Paris accord, but they will try to review the terms on which they could be engaged under this agreement," European Commissioner for Climate Action and Energy Miguel Arias Cañete said.

chadskin

AFP has a bit more on this:
The United States "stated that they will not renegotiate the Paris Accord, but they try to review the terms on which they could be engaged under this agreement," said the European Union's top climate official Miguel Arias Canete.

He said there would be a meeting on the sidelines of next week's UN General Assembly with American representatives "to assess what is the real US position," but noted "it's a message which is quite different to the one we heard from President Trump in the past."

Environment ministers from some 30 countries gathered in Montreal on Saturday to push forward on implementing the Paris climate deal without the US.

The United States was represented only by an observer, who was not immediately available for comment.

All the ministers present and the US observer agreed that the Paris accord was irreversible, French Ecology Minister Nicolas Hulot said.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-signals-softer-stance-paris-climate-pact-eu-193729198.html

Geist-

uh, what?

WSJ: Trump Administration Won't Withdraw from Paris Climate Deal

that's the entire article. I have no idea what's going on or, since it's sourced to an EU official, if this is even an official stance or just "Trump agrees with the last person he talked to" or what

edit: they updated the article:

Trump just doesn't want people to hate him so much.

k6eZrur.png

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
I can't decide if this Paris deal and the DACA messaging is just extreme gas lighting or simply a disorganized White House where the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. (Whynotboth.gif?)

kess

I can't decide if this Paris deal and the DACA messaging is just extreme gas lighting or simply a disorganized White House where the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. (Whynotboth.gif?)

It's coming out the same day the administration is trying to open ANWR to drilling, too.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Re: Paris
Put it on the pile with DACA. I'll believe it when I see it. But I'll take it if it happens.

"Could Trump be the greatest liberal president of the 21st century?" - Hottakes Weekly
I'm open to the possibility, since obama was the best moderate conservative president in 50+ years ;p

It's the latter. Also news like this just means nothing he says or does means anything at all, ever, until it's something signed into law that is difficult to undo.

You literally can't trust anything the administration says about anything, good bad or otherwise.

Mr.Mike

Trump's chances in 2020 are probably gone now at least, now that he's losing the trust of his base with this flip-flopping.

Virginia's 13th House of Delegates seat fundraising totals:

Danica Roem (D) $221,035
Bob Marshall (R) $34,520

For those not in the know, Roem is an openly trans woman running for this seat. Her opponent, Marshall is one of the most anti-LGBT members of the Virginia House, and his conduct towards Roem has been predictably classy.

Bob Marshall said:
Eat shit, asshole.

Additionally, Marshall sponsored the constitutional amendment in Virginia to ban same-sex marriage and earlier this year proposed his own version of the bathroom bill that helped ding North Carolina's economy.

Clinton won this district 55-40. If Roem is elected, she'll be the first openly trans elected official in Virginia state government.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
How can anyone take the Trump Administration seriously, when anything they say is worthless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom