• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Democratic Congressman on CNN very clearly making the connection between Jared Kushner and Russia’s microtargeting of Facebook ads. He either knows something or is being extremely reckless.

Given the way this has all been going, I'd bet on the former. If Kush wasn't a involved in that shit I'd be shocked.

But trumps pick lost bad

Trump is a larger-than-life figure to them, like Hitler or Stalin. He doesn’t get blamed by them for Strange losing, they believe most of what he says or give him the benefit of the doubt when they think he’s wrong. Facts don’t matter as much as how they perceive Trump and “his vision” to be improving the country.

Zolo

They wrote that off as a late, half-hearted endorsement, and Moore is the more Trump-like candidate. Their data shows Republican voters identify more with Trump than the party by a large amount.

Or to be more accurate, Republicans are now voting more for Trumpism (i.e. open bigotry) than Trump-backed candidates.

Chad's soldiers cooperate/train with UN/US soldiers in combating terrorism. This came from the left field.

However, Chad recently found huge oil reserves, and tried to impose exorbitant fees on...Exxon-Mobil. Guess who likes oil and works for Trump. This is not a conspiracy theory, but brought up by NPR.

Yeah, and the government there wanted refineries in Chad for some of that crude so they didn't end up expensively shipping back gasoline that was refined in like Nigeria or even further for an insane mark-up. It was basically the dealbreaker/maker for any company looking to drill.

So it's clearly Steven Miller tossing darts at a map where Trump doesn't have hotels again.

NYT got a private GOP memo on Alabama- https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...-the-Memo-on-the-Implications-of-Alabama.html

Translation: They expect to get smashed in '18.

...by the monster they created.

Hopefully that 21% stay home, vote 3rd party, or GASP vote D next year to keep this idiot brigade back home.

Can we move all the states up please?

First four states

Then three super Tuesdays with all the remaining states a couple weeks apart

Also debates need to be pushed back. Why in gods name do we have debates more than six months before the first votes come in? It's insanity. Everything regarding the election should take place in the same year. A nearly two year drawn out election process is absurd and not necessary

jtb

Banned
Watch NY follow in a behind the scenes arms race lol

Isn't this what happened in 08? Feels like we've had this song and dance before. Meh. At this point, we may as well just have a national primary. Anything to loosen the vice grip Iowa and NH have on our nation's politics.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I was mixed on CA moving up its primaries. I think I'd have split the difference.

Doesn’t California now require tax returns for ballot access?

Kasich’s gonna take it.
Brown hasn't signed this yet. He has about three weeks to decide.

I don't even know what Tom Price does on a daily basis.

My wife works for the CDC. He does fuck all.

One time he sent out an email to all employees the day before a three day weekend. Earlier in the day, everyone got a notification from their office admins that they could leave an hour early. Price sent an email that read:

"Under my ship, everyone gets out two hours early ;)" or some shit.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
1506538293636.jpg

Good luck with this tax plan, GOP!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
With the few details they've put out, analysts have already pulled the covers off and exposed that small businesses aren't really benefited here, and middle-class families take a hit.

Valhelm

contribute something
keep in mind that Republicans are really good at getting everyday white people to think tax cuts for the wealthy and stripping away regulations will help them too

this was like 70% of Reaganism

keep in mind that Republicans are really good at getting everyday white people to think tax cuts for the wealthy and stripping away regulations will help them too

this was like 70% of Reaganism

they got tax cuts in Reaganism.

this is gonna fuck them over and raise taxes.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I don’t want the tax plan to pass, but not because of the mortgage interest deduction. That should be abolished anyway :p

The first four states are dumb. Who the fuck cares what Iowa or NH thinks, really?

Do Fox viewers think the middle class are the main people benefiting from an increase in the lowest marginal rate and a decrease in the highest?

This is definitely what has me personally scared.

Mortgage interest deduction is basically what keeps us breaking even each year. Without that we'd be down a couple thousand.

Same. The only good thing about a "simplified" code seems to be less avenues they can use to obfuscate how they're actually just bending us over

Ogodei

The first four states are dumb. Who the fuck cares what Iowa or NH thinks, really?

Do Fox viewers think the middle class are the main people benefiting from an increase in the lowest marginal rate and a decrease in the highest?

Fun fact is that Iowa and New Hamsphire are the two most "median" states in the union. 3 of Iowa's 4 congressional districts are among the top 25 most competitive (per Cook PVI), and both of New Hampshire's districts are in the top 25 as well.

Demographic wise they're very unrepresentative, but ideology wise those two states are the embodiment of the American center.

Other top-25 districts are scattered around in random places, including Comstock's district (on the fringes of the DC metro area), South Jersey, the Bethlehem-Allentown district in PA, the district just north of Pete King's in Long Island, quite a few in California, and Western Oregon once you get away from Portland.

New Hampshire isn't a bad state to have early, it's a decent test for someone wanting to win the general election. Nevada is fine other than being a caucus. Some other relevant states just need to be moved up. The schedule shouldn't be clustered geographically so much.

pigeon

Banned
Iowa is literally making cars destroy the environment more just by being the first primary

The line must be drawn here

Demographic wise they're very unrepresentative, but ideology wise those two states are the embodiment of the American center.

I'm...not sure this statement makes sense any more. And that's probably why Iowa was so uncompetitive in 2016!

Klobuchar will win Iowa

Primary, caucus, general. State Fair pie contest. She's got this.

Coolest thing Obama did on the trail in 2012 was crash the Iowa State Fair (or one of them, they have like 80. "Our state fair is the best state fair in the state" as the classic musical goes). It was very spontaneous and what better way to retail politick than that? As much as I admire Hillary I think that alone demonstrates the biggest difference between the two of them. Obama's 2012 campaign played it much safer than his 08 campaign, and yet it was still more unpredictable and personal than the data-driven mess Clinton's campaign was.

Had Clinton's team been running Obama's reelection campaign they would have painted Virginia, Florida and North Carolina red as Suffolk said and lost all of them. But then go campaigning in Idaho or something.

Klobuchar will win Iowa

Primary, caucus, general. State Fair pie contest. She's got this.

Coolest thing Obama did on the trail in 2012 was crash the Iowa State Fair (or one of them, they have like 80. "Our state fair is the best state fair in the state" as the classic musical goes). It was very spontaneous and what better way to retail politick than that? As much as I admire Hillary I think that alone demonstrates the biggest difference between the two of them. Obama's 2012 campaign played it much safer than his 08 campaign, and yet it was still more unpredictable and personal than the data-driven mess Clinton's campaign was.

Had Clinton's team been running Obama's reelection campaign they would have painted Virginia, Florida and North Carolina red as Suffolk said and lost all of them. But then go campaigning in Idaho or something.

It's also harder to do it when your candidate doesn't like to campaign. I imagine that even Mook would have wished that Hillary was more active and traveled more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom