• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

sith ewok

Uh. We only have 25 military helicopters and 5000 troops in PR? The hell? It's been over a week! The excuses they're still parading around today are day 1-2 material. Not day 9. Yeah, okay, it was way worse than anyone was anticipating a few days before it happened. You could have organized half the Atlantic fleet and a hundred thousand military police to patrol the place by now.

I don't know if you know this, but PR is in the middle of the ocean. Big ocean, lots of water.

Uh. We only have 25 military helicopters and 5000 troops in PR? The hell? It's been over a week! The excuses they're still parading around today are day 1-2 material. Not day 9. Yeah, okay, it was way worse than anyone was anticipating a few days before it happened. You could have organized half the Atlantic fleet and a hundred thousand military police to patrol the place by now.

Wasn’t there like 30k troops and some 500 military helos for Katrina?!?

Between Indiana being a red state and Lugar's bipartisan support we can't win that Senate seat. I wouldn't even bother fielding a candidate at all. We need to focus on the important races instead.
Tommy Thompson is running in Wisconsin, there's no way Tammy Baldwin can beat him.

/actually PoliGAF circa Sept 2012

Ogodei

Yeah, you know, it should just be a job requirement, like knowing how to use email.

(And you’re telling me that these secretaries who own planes are not asking for reimbursements for fuel, etc.? Anyone check on Devos?)

Shitty as DeVos is, she does seem to be paying her own way. She comes from real money unlike Trump or Price.

sith ewok

I wish I knew how to make anyone in mainland America care about this because it's so bad that it should be playing on major networks 24/7.

This. Even with how disappointed I have been in humanity recently, I am stunned how little anyone seems to care about Puerto Rico.

Dr Phil....
Cabinet meeting

Trump: "Dr. Phil, how are we going to repeal Obamacare"

Secretary of Health and Human Services Dr. Phil: "What YOU need to do is take control of your own life, and not listen to what OTHER people tell you to do"

If he were to hire another talk show host doctor he'd go for Dr. Oz, he's a Trump sycophant.

Ithil

Imagine trying to find new people for these positions. Every month a new major administration figure is out. Who would want to work for this WH?

I just got this in my email with the subject "Are you going to stand or kneel for the flag? ����", Teespring is out there making some Destiny faction wars bullshit for a quick buck.

WUcr2JO.png

pigeon

Banned
Imagine trying to find new people for these positions. Every month a new major administration figure is out. Who would want to work for this WH?

We've already seen the high-water mark of Trump filling nominated positions, I think. It's only going to get smaller from here.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
re: last page / liberals are more suscepitble to enthusiasm — totally disagreed. pretty sure numbers show that enthusiasm and turnout are equal factors throughout the voting spectrum. [citation needed]

Ithil

We've already seen the high-water mark of Trump filling nominated positions, I think. It's only going to get smaller from here.

I expect he'll probably just make whoever was deputy Secretary the new Secretary rather than trying to find a new person.
Anything you thought you might get by going into this administration, for the slimeballs they got back in the transition, it's thoroughly proved that none of it will happen and you'll likely just have your reputation dragged through the mud then be dumped after less than a year.

Wasn’t there like 30k troops and some 500 military helos for Katrina?!?
NOLA had its own damn 3-star military general in charge to supervise MP and relief efforts!

9 days is enough to move any naval asset on the US east or gulf coasts to the area. Moving troops requires some infrastructure, but the act of just getting them there with some basic equipment for security could be done. And there's a broader issue of this suggesting there's been zero contingency plans (likely for years and years!) for a disaster in PR. "What do we do if a major hurricane hits Puerto Rico?" is not all that extreme a thing to hope you have a proposal for on the books.
I just got this in my email, Teespring is out there making some Destiny faction wars bullshit for a quick buck.
"I don't knhhl?" "I don't knool"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom