• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sianos

I just got this in my email, Teespring is out there making some Destiny faction wars bullshit for a quick buck.

WUcr2JO.png

for fucks sake

Teggy

Ann Coulter @AnnCoulter
If @realDonaldTrump wants to avoid scandals like this, he should put airport security in the hands of the airlines themselves.
4:55 PM · Sep 29, 2017

Ann with the hot take about...actually I have no clue what she’s talking about here.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Ann with the hot take about...actually I have no clue what she’s talking about here.
I mean we should disband the TSA so...I agree with Ann on this one? I have no idea what that has to do with price though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dr. Worm

Banned
Man Price getting fired would be hilarious. Guy gave up a safe(ish) House seat just to be thrown under the bus when the President is a moron.

Like I can't believe how many Republicans ended their own careers for Donald Fucking Trump.

I know I shouldn't dwell on elections past, but this would be so much sweeter had Ossoff won...

AntoneM

I just got this in my email with the subject "Are you going to stand or kneel for the flag? ����", Teespring is out there making some Destiny faction wars bullshit for a quick buck.

WUcr2JO.png
the I Don't Kneel flag is backwards in two of those shirts. They obviously hate our troops.

Guys.

Trump should appoint Bill Cassidy to head HHS.

I heard he was a doctor or something.

Landrieu gets her revenge. Or his revenge. I don't care.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
*checks watch*
*checks PoliGAF for... whatever it is we are allowed to call “oppo” now investigative journalism*

studyguy

*checks watch*
*checks PoliGAF for... whatever it is we are allowed to call ”oppo" now*

Can you really call it oppo when it's the republican's own platform for healthcare, taxes, president's tweets being used as oppo research?
Seems like cheating.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Can you really call it oppo when it's the republican's own platform for healthcare, taxes, president's tweets being used as oppo research?
Seems like cheating.
See edit. It’s still technically cheating, but Obama’s appointees abused strike-through text too!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
ProPublica: Robert Mueller Subpoenas an Associate of the Man Who Hired Michael Flynn as a Lobbyist
The special prosecutor investigating Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election has subpoenaed an associate of Gen. Michael Flynn’s Turkish lobbying client. The subpoena, a copy of which was obtained by ProPublica, ordered Sezgin Baran Korkmaz to testify before a grand jury in Washington on Sept. 22.

“The grand jury is conducting an investigation of possible violations of federal criminal laws involving the Foreign Agents Registration Act, among other offenses,” a letter accompanying the subpoena stated. The letter is signed by Robert Mueller and Zainab Ahmad, a senior assistant special counsel who specializes in prosecuting terrorism. Korkmaz did not respond to requests for comment.

There are no indications of direct links between Korkmaz and Flynn, who briefly served as Donald Trump’s national security adviser. But Korkmaz, 39, is a close ally of Ekim Alptekin, the 40-year-old Turkish businessman who hired Flynn to lobby for Turkish interests shortly before the election. Korkmaz, a Turkish national, said in a radio interview in May that he started as a dishwasher at age 13 and is now bringing hundreds of millions of dollars from the U.S. to Turkey. His company invests in a range of industries in Turkey, the Middle East, the U.S. and Russia, and he has invested in several projects that involve people accused or convicted of crimes.

It’s not clear why prosecutors wanted Korkmaz to testify. But one possible explanation is his connection to Alptekin. Investigators are interested in the ultimate source of the money that Alptekin’s company paid to Flynn’s firm, according to a person familiar with the probe. (Representatives for Alptekin, Flynn and Mueller all declined to comment.)

If Trump wants to yank any future Secretaries from the House, I have a few suggestions.

Erik Paulsen
Mike Coffman
David Valadao
Barbara Comstock
Martha McSally
Carlos Curbelo

I don't know, just spitballing here.

Watch Trump try to tap Collins or Murkowski so that a pro-repeal senator can be appointed.
Would work for Collins (she'd say no but in theory), not for Murky. Governor of Alaska is an independent, quasi-Democrat. Democrats stood aside so he could win. The same gambit they pulled for Kansas Senate but it actually worked.

tbm24

I just got this in my email with the subject "Are you going to stand or kneel for the flag? ����", Teespring is out there making some Destiny faction wars bullshit for a quick buck.

WUcr2JO.png
What I hate the most about these shirts is no one told anyone to fucking take a knee. It’s a conscious choice.

*edit*

Apologize for two posts in a row.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
I’ve been offline all day. Looks like there’s more oppo expected tonight?

Are we just guessing random times for an oppo drop, or is there actual evidence outside the Atlantic's Russia editor hinting that something soon is coming?

Last couple of oppos, while dynamite in a vacuum, have had little impact on current events.

androvsky

Are we just guessing random times for an oppo drop, or is there actual evidence outside the Atlantic's Russia editor hinting that something soon is coming?

Last couple of oppos, while dynamite in a vacuum, have had little impact on current events.

The Antlantic's Russia editor and Wittes. I usually expect those stories around 7 EST, so 10 minutes or so. If it's today. Sometimes they get pushed back a few days, but if Wittes is teasing it, it's usually pretty solid.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
The Atlantic Russia editor? who, Julia Ioffe?

Yes. She tagged Wittes on Twitter with a tick tick tick, he RTd and said he's out of the tick tick tick game but to take it seriously. Then she said later to not expect anything to drop last night. Implying today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom