• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Not coming?
You don’t know me, cartoon_soldier!

It's not happening.
giphy.gif

Wasn’t there like 30k troops and some 500 military helos for Katrina?!?

Since I didn't see anyone address this question, I read earlier for Katrina it was 60k troops from various agencies. And the General who commanded them has already publicly said if we apply the same standards to PR/Maria that we did to Louisiana/Katrina, it is an abject failure that is going to be substantially worse than Katrina was.

sphagnum

Banned
Did I miss something or did it turn out that the DHS was wrong about how many states' election systems Russia tried to access? Greenwald had an article up about it to point and go AHA! THE MSM IS WRONG AGAIN! but I suspect he's overblowing it, because the only examples he gives of states pushing back against the claim are WI and CA.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Did I miss something or did it turn out that the DHS was wrong about how many states' election systems Russia tried to access? Greenwald had an article up about it to point and go AHA! THE MSM IS WRONG AGAIN! but I suspect he's overblowing it, because the only examples he gives of states pushing back against the claim are WI and CA.

Greenwald's bullshit was arguing semantics about hacks vs breaches. Nonsense.

kirblar

Pretty sure that's just Greenwald and his agenda at work.

Why would you read anything by him?

Since I didn't see anyone address this question, I read earlier for Katrina it was 60k troops from various agencies. And the General who commanded them has already publicly said if we apply the same standards to PR/Maria that we did to Louisiana/Katrina, it is an abject failure that is going to be substantially worse than Katrina was.
Not only is it Stupid Watergate speedrun, but it's also a speedrun of Bush's second term.

Trump is like every Republican president in the last 40 years rolled into one and ten times worse than that.

The most annoying thing about Republicans (besides the insidious racism, of course) is how they project every awful habit about themselves. Every bad thing they had to say about Obama & Clinton ended up coming true with Trump.

The most annoying thing about Republicans (besides the insidious racism, of course) is how they project every awful habit about themselves. Every bad thing they had to say about Obama & Clinton ended up coming true with Trump.
The simple fact that they do it isn't as bad as the part where everyone willingly forgets that they do it and are ready to fall for the next bizarre accusation against a Democrat that the Republican is ten times guiltier of.

I understand the "both sides are corrupt" rhetoric to an extent (a very short extent!) but at some point you have to acknowledge the difference between stealing a candy bar from a drug store and a bank heist. Every time Clinton or Obama lied about something there was a reasonable enough explanation that allowed you to chalk it up to simple human error, unlike the complete bullshit Trump would rattle off.

If I take a test at school and only give the right answer 80% of the time I still walk away with a passing grade, over the guy who just draws dicks in the margins.

It still bothers me Jill Stein is for alternative medicine. She's the member of the Green party, a party that's primary message is for environmentalism, and yet she's for something that causes the endangerment and extinction of many species.

If I was a member of the Green party, I'd want to distance myself from poachers, but Stein seems happy enough to (indirectly) support them. And her supporters seem to line up behind her and support her, despite this glaringly hypocritical position.

Once I learned she was pro-alternative medicine is when my view of her deteriorated from not caring to outright disgust.

It still bothers me Jill Stein is for alternative medicine. She's the member of the Green party, a party that's primary message is for environmentalism, and yet she's for something that causes the endangerment and extinction of many species.

If I was a member of the Green party, I'd want to distance myself from poachers, but Stein seems happy enough to (indirectly) support them. And her supporters seem to line up behind her and support her, despite this glaringly hypocritical position.

Once I learned she was pro-alternative medicine is when my view of her deteriorated from not caring to outright disgust.

She endorsed trump, a climate change denier.

I feel like if you're the kind of person who believes in alternative medicine, you probably don't trust reports that certain species are endangered tbh

Effect

To be fair, I don't think she actually endorsed Trump.

The words "I endorse Trump" weren't said by her but everything short of that though was said by her and her running mate. She kept trying to push an argument that Trump was the better choice and option over Hillary over and over again. She would say that outright. I take that as an endorsement in all but name.

I can't believe how many dumb fuckers fell for her. Anyone who looked at her under the microscope for two seconds could see how deranged and clueless she was. But hey, she's not Clinton! I want to vote FOR someone, not against someone!*

*Unless I get to vote against Clinton

You underestimate the number of stupid people out there.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
lol this Jill Stein interview on her past comments is bonkers on Trump v Clinton and Russia

http://www.newsweek.com/2017/09/08/...kTwitter&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social
"Nobody was introduced to anybody. My conversation was actually with the guy sitting next to me, a German diplomat."

ten seconds later...

"[Flynn] introduced himself to me just before we sat down, and I began to give him my elevator speech about the “peace offensive” in the Middle East, which was my policy throughout the campaign. Our conversation very quickly ended at that. Maybe two sentences about the peace offensive, which he was not interested in.

then this brilliant stuff:
Newsweek: You’ve mentioned fake news several times during our conversation. Do you believe that Russia promulgated fake news during the presidential campaign?

Stein: I have seen conflicting reports about that, and I have not been following it closely enough to give you a definitive opinion.
Such a useful idiot.

Loxley

I can't believe how many dumb fuckers fell for her. Anyone who looked at her under the microscope for two seconds could see how deranged and clueless she was. But hey, she's not Clinton! I want to vote FOR someone, not against someone!*

*Unless I get to vote against Clinton

It bummed me out to see Viggo Mortensen support her because Bernie didn't get the Democratic nomination. Like, yeah, he was one of those people. Damn it, Aragorn, I thought you were smart :(

Rewatching random Parks and Rec episodes.

Leslie on running against Bobby Newport.
“I am a lifelong government bureaucrat who’s well versed in the issues. And those are the kind of sexy qualifications that win elections.”

Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom