• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogodei

It's just a shame that it takes retirement for any of these Republicans to find their backbone (except for a handful like Murkowski or Amash in the House).

Diablos

Corker has nothing left to lose. I am sure lots of his Republican friends would say the same things if they were in the same situation.

It's just a shame that it takes retirement for any of these Republicans to find their backbone (except for a handful like Murkowski or Amash in the House).
Sometimes I wonder if Murkowski hadn't been successfully primaried if she would have still become a moderate darling.

Must feel pretty empowering to stick it to the party like that.

Kusagari

Trump intentionally antagonizing a guy who has nothing to lose by screwing over any plans he has is certainly genius strategy.

24D chess.

Ogodei

If Corker joins with Collins and Murkowski in the sense of stopping anything batshit through the Senate (because i still don't quite trust McCain), then the body is effectively paralyzed through 2018, at least of anything truly noxious (though i wouldn't trust Corker to vote against another Gorsuch),

If Corker joins with Collins and Murkowski in the sense of stopping anything batshit through the Senate (because i still don't quite trust McCain), then the body is effectively paralyzed through 2018, at least of anything truly noxious (though i wouldn't trust Corker to vote against another Gorsuch),
Yeah there are some things I'd expect Corker to still support, because he'd support them under any context, but helping blockade Trump's agenda from here on out would be immensely helpful to us. Downturn in Trump's approval rating, congressional approval ratings, whatever you think will matter more next year can be attributed directly to Congress accomplishing absolutely nothing in its first two years.

Obama had a solid list of achievements in his first two years and that did nothing for motivating people on the left to come out and vote. As of right now Republicans have no token victory to convince base voters to support them, and on top of that, the ones who only really love Trump and not the party are pissed at the establishment leaders for not doing Trump's work for him.

Ogodei

Eh, Corker having a twitter spat doesn't suggest that he is going to start voting against Republican legislation.

For the kind of shit McConnell's been churning out, i think it would remove him from the list of automatic "yes," certainly. The only reason people had to vote for any of the health care proposals was because "we need a win and the donors will kill us if we don't."

Mine is an assumption that anything that came to the floor would be bad policy even from a GOP perspective, as has been the case so far.

Eh, Corker having a twitter spat doesn't suggest that he is going to start voting against Republican legislation.

I'm not saying we should vote for him, but the more Republicans who can form an obstructionist island, the better. Collins and Murkowski are two, and hopefully Corker types can keep McCain on the island as well.

chadskin

DLobLmeX4AIYvke.jpg

https://twitter.com/USEmbassyTurkey/status/917075367575384064

Turkey, of course, is a NATO ally. Yikes.

Manu Raju‏Verified account
@mkraju
Follow
More Manu Raju Retweeted Donald J. Trump
Two sources familiar with matter tell me this tweet is false. Trump told Corker multiple times he would endorse him.

Manu Raju‏Verified account @mkraju 2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @mkraju
Also Trump called Corker early last week and asked him to *reconsider* his decision to retire and said again he'd endorse him, per source

Manu Raju‏Verified account @mkraju 39m39 minutes ago
More
It's been a pattern for Trump: Attack publicly, make nice privately. Did the same with Corker after C'ville flap.

SAD!!!!

For the kind of shit McConnell's been churning out, i think it would remove him from the list of automatic "yes," certainly. The only reason people had to vote for any of the health care proposals was because "we need a win and the donors will kill us if we don't."

Mine is an assumption that anything that came to the floor would be bad policy even from a GOP perspective, as has been the case so far.
It’s funny and sad how dependent the GOP is on making their donors happy, even if it means terrible policy. You had corporate assholes slobbering over ACA repeal, fully aware of how damaging it would be, because it paved the way for their precious tax cuts. Democrats may be under donor pressure often too, but at least they’re typically focused on getting good policy passed.

Apparently Hugh Hewitt saying some discussion about shuffling Pompeo to SOS with Tom Cotton appointed to head the CIA.

Hm... wonder what it would take for a Democrat to win a special election in Arkansas.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Hugh Hewitt saying some discussion about shuffling Pompeo to SOS with Tom Cotton appointed to head the CIA.

Hm... wonder what it would take for a Democrat to win a special election in Arkansas.

The last person that needs to be heading up the CIA is fucking Cotton

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Tom Cotton? The same nut that basically acted as a lawyer for the administration in the Comey hearings? Yeah, that’s the worst possible thing that could happen.

Connor Eldridge was supposedly very impressive for a candidate who had no hope of winning. He ran against Boozman last year. He’s young, he might be interested.

Otherwise maybe that guy who ran in AR-2 like three years ago. He kept it pretty close. Patrick Hays.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yeah, sure, that wasn’t a complete publicity stunt or anything.

Vaughn Hillyard‏Verified account
@VaughnHillyard
Follow
More Vaughn Hillyard Retweeted Vaughn Hillyard
The media pool was kept in the vans ahead of the game instead of being led in with VPOTUS.

Vaughn Hillyard‏Verified account @VaughnHillyard 48m48 minutes ago
More Vaughn Hillyard Retweeted Vaughn Hillyard
As media pool has been made aware, a staffer told pool that VPOTUS may depart the game early. Did not indicate how early.
Fucking moron just lies and lies

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Pence left the football game over the protests? What a snowflake

how would he expect there not to be a protest with him there? Oh right it’s almost as if that is what he intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom