• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
White house is putting out press releases of quotes from his cabinet praising the administration's policies....

zFBViSU.jpg

Dear leader needs his daily affirmation.

Renji_11

Yeah, I'm sitting in a place that's playing CNN now and I just watched that. It's what I fucking hate about CNN. They let right-wingers come on and spout whatever garbage they want and they don't push back on anything.

I saw that as well they really need to let Brianna take over as she would of pushed back hard.

Ithil

Ben Shapiro's website, everyone. Just don't call him a white supremacist, because he's jewish and that would be ridiculous.

edit:
DLt8uDFXcAEPcIP.jpg

I would ask him why he put genociding in quotation marks, but I imagine his answer would probably make me deck him in the face.

sangreal

How is that satire? He argues in that very paragraph that it represents the truth. It's supposed to be satire of their own position? doesn't make any sense. A satire of the left's position would be to flip the script and show the native population as civilized and columbus as a cannibal

So apparently NYT posted an article saying polling gun owning and non gun owning house holds in every state, the majority of those that own guns voted for Trump in every state except Vermont. Non gun owning voted a majority for Clinton in every state except West Virginia.

We need to do better at messaging when it comes to this issue. Honestly this is a scenario when even the superficial stuff can help. We do need to keep firm on common sense measures (actual common sense, not no fly no buy bs)... but, I’m just saying maybe once in a while posting a video of your skills at the shooting range like Keanu practicing for John Wick wouldn’t be the worst idea.

So apparently NYT posted an article saying polling gun owning and non gun owning house holds in every state, the majority of those that own guns voted for Trump in every state except Vermont. Non gun owning voted a majority for Clinton in every state except West Virginia.

We need to do better at messaging when it comes to this issue. Honestly this is a scenario when even the superficial stuff can help. We do need to keep firm on common sense measures (actual common sense, not no fly no buy bs)... but, I’m just saying maybe once in a while posting a video of your skills at the shooting range like Keanu practicing for John Wick wouldn’t be the worst idea.

I don't believe it has anything to do with messaging; democrats won't win on guns in our lifetime. If there's a blueprint it could be in how republicans treat abortion: make it as uncomfortable and un-accessible as you can. Right now they're going after the bump stocks. Background checks and other things come to mind as targets. We're not banning automatic weapons, it's not going to happen.

Honestly the entire debate is basically a losing argument for democrats. The energy is on one side.

Zolo

He looks miserable. I hope the fucking job is killing him.

He could have lived a relaxing life for the end of his life. Now he'll be remembered as one of America's more hated figures who's main motive as a president was to destroy the work of the first black president while taking advantage of the office for personal gain.

That's not even getting into how this will affect his family's business in the future where the Trump name is associated with racism and hatred.

Wilsongt

He could have lived a relaxing life for the end of his life. Now he'll be remembered as one of America's more hated figures who's main motive as a president was to destroy the work of the first black president while taking advantage of the office for personal gain.

He could have taken pot shots from twitter until he died with shit in his diapers.

Now he is helping usher in the new era of racist and LGBT discrimination, white supremecy, and Nazism.

Ogodei

That's not even getting into how this will affect his family's business in the future where the Trump name is associated with racism and hatred.

I feel like the brand will come out ahead. It was already pretty tarnished by Trump's own incompetence and reputation for not paying people, and likely would have faded as soon as the ghost of his Apprentice cache went away. Now it will likely live on for decades on wingnut welfare.

Unless Mueller and/or Schneidermann tear the whole thing down for all of the corruption.

Edit: This isn't the first time he's put out a press release of his own flunkies fellating him.

North Carolina GOP move to take over the judiciary.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/north-carolina-judiciary-plan_us_59dbc876e4b0208970cee514?auw

North Carolina Republicans, who have been reprimanded by federal courts for targeting minorities with voter ID restrictions and gerrymandering, passed legislation last week to eliminate primary elections for state judges next year in what critics say is a blatant and brazen attempt to take control of the state’s courts.

Democratic North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper vetoed the bill on Monday, but Republicans have a supermajority in the state legislature and can override the governor’s veto.

Rep. David Lewis and Sen. Ralph Hise, Republicans in charge of the elections committees in their respective chambers, issued a statement Monday urging lawmakers to override Cooper’s veto, according to the News and Observer.

The Republican plan has two prongs. Lawmakers are considering new maps for state court districts with a plan that would require many African-American and Democratic judges to run against each other. While that effort has yet to pass the legislature, lawmakers last week passed the separate bill that would, among other things, get rid of primary elections for state judges.

Democratic Rep. Marcia Morey, formerly the chief district judge for Durham County, called the Republican effort a “1-2 punch.”

But Rep. Justin Burr, a Republican pushing the new maps, has said the changes are needed to fix outdated maps that were drawn 62 years ago.

More at the link.

Gerrymandering dying (if it does) is going to hit the NC GOP pretty hard. This seems like a last ditch effort before they explode.

You can't get much more corrupt than the NC GOP. They make Chicago politics look tame.

Do you guys think there's any prospects of mobilizing people that are pissed at POTUS for making nuclear war more likely?

I don't know if there's an alternative, but it seems like his tweets about Kim Jong Un are covered with basically the same as any of his other crazy or weird tweets. But pursuing a vendetta with a nuclear-armed head of state is more important than doing so with an NFL player. What could be more important than stopping nuclear war? What should make people more angry than a president abusing his power to make the chance of a few American cities on the coast, and later all of them, disappearing in a mushroom cloud?

I used to wonder how people in the cold war did it. How was preventing nuclear war not the focal point of every presidential election from the end of world war II to the fall of the soviet union? How could you mobilize about anything else, with such a sword of damocles hanging over your neck?

It turns out it's really easy, actually. It's so depressing, and so far out of your ability to influence as an individual voter, that you read the headlines, make some gallows humor jokes about it, and try not to remember that your life is dependent on two men with enormous egos deciding to mutually back down.

But... we have to be able to do better, right? He's democratically elected, he answers to us. If just enough people started making his life more difficult, could we force him to take a more conciliatory tone? Failing that, if we survive until 2020, can we at least score some political points to make his re-election less likely?

Slime

Banned
What the NC GOP is doing is the test run for what American
fascists
"conservatives" want to do with the country.

Saw RNC spox on tv earlier who said the pussygate comments are not comparable to Weinstein because Trump apologized for them and Hillary hasn't returned Weinstein's money, and that her silence is deafening.

I love how their defense is is that they were discussing the Magnitsky Act.

Basically they are admitting to meeting with Russian Lawers about possibly overturning sanctions, before Trump is president.

Yep nothing wrong with that lol

There seems to be a ton of panic moves going on now. Please, please, please be actually something...

Called it (no cookie for pointing out the inevitable though). By Saturday, it should be really interesting what's going to come out of Alphabet.

RDreamer

Saw RNC spox on tv earlier who said the pussygate comments are not comparable to Weinstein because Trump apologized for them and Hillary hasn't returned Weinstein's money, and that her silence is deafening.

That spokesperson just gonna straight up deny all the women that came forward?

Ogodei

Pigeons take that the confederate South actually has no real history of representative democracy is sadly dead on.

Pretty much. Aside from a brief bid for power by the Federalists way back when, it's always been one clique of rulers, who may have switched allegiances but remained consistent in their ideals.

That's way breaking places like Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida into purple states is so momentous. It'll have been the first time ever that those states experienced real political competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom