• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zolo

I think Bannon is looking to put his eggs in Cruz' basket for 2020. Not sure if thats a good idea for someone like Bannon. Cruz wont rock the boat with UN or NATO, and probably will takethe threat of nuclear annihilation a little more seriously. But he will likely go along with all the dog whistling bullshit like NFL protests, crazy border wall and Muslim ban.

So you think Bannon's planning on primarying Trump?

DLxWPVvWsAAAwiY.jpg:large

Enjoy!

tbm24

Hmm so attacks a sports journalist, says he’s going to pull a evil dictator Obama’s move and legislate through executive action, shits on dems which just tells me dreamers are fucked, and is directly threatening a private organization. Sounds like Trump spilled his cereal this morning.

Oh and Trump tells Forbes he’d win in an IQ test against Tillerson. Trump definitely spilled his cereal and started crying.

chadskin

He counterpunches, in this case firing a shot at Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, who reportedly called his boss a moron: "I think it's fake news, but if he did that, I guess we'll have to compare IQ tests. And I can tell you who is going to win."
He's similarly proud of the GDP. "So GDP last quarter was 3.1%. Most of the folks that are in your business, and elsewhere, were saying that would not be hit for a long time. You know, Obama never hit the number."

When informed that his predecessor did, several times, Trump pivots immediately. "He never hit it on a yearly basis. Never hit it on a yearly basis. That's eight years. I think we'll go substantially higher than that. And I think this quarter would have been phenomenal, except for the hurricanes."
https://www.forbes.com/donald-trump/exclusive-interview/#6cc0e815bdec

chadskin

According to conversations with four prominent Republicans close to the White House, Trump has grown frustrated with Kelly in recent weeks at what he sees as Kelly’s highhandedness. “They’re fighting a lot,” one source explained. The most recent flashpoint was Kelly’s decision late last month to reassign Peter Navarro, Trump’s nationalist trade adviser, to report to Gary Cohn, without first clearing it with Trump. According to two sources familiar with the matter, Navarro bumped into Trump in the West Wing and explained that Kelly had reassigned him to work for Cohn, which was news to the president. “Trump was like, what the fuck? He told Navarro, ‘You’re my guy and hang in there,’” said a source briefed on the conversation. The source said Trump has taken up the matter with Kelly.
"He doesn’t love this job. He’s doing it as a duty for the country,” one person close to Kelly said. According to two sources, one name being floated as a possible replacement is real-estate developer and Trump’s longtime friend Tom Barrack. But Trump has moved to quiet the talk. He told a Republican yesterday during a phone conversation that it is “nonsense” that Barrack would replace Kelly. Trump is said to fear the optics of losing Kelly at a time when other officials, from Tillerson to Cohn, have contemplated resigning.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10/john-kelly-donald-trump-rift

LOL he has not even been president for a year yet.

Don't remind me... it's felt like much longer in the world of Politics...

So basically Kelly is trying to get the White House to run the way it should--with proper chain of command and people reporting to those higher up. What a douche
facepalm.gif

Who the fuck is Tom Barrack?

Some asshole billionaire. Shocking, I know.

Kusagari

By the end of the year, all the major military/political people will be gone from his cabinet and he's going to try to replace everyone with his fellow asshole NY billionaires.

There is ALWAYS someone willing to do those jobs. Always. Like, I'd do it if asked.

Even knowing you have to pledge an oath of loyalty to Trump? If anything I'd do it and just get on every camera imaginable and say "THIS MAN IS FUCKING NUTS!?$@ CONGRESS DO SOMETHING NOWWWW"

By the end of the year, all the major military/political people will be gone from his cabinet and he's going to try to replace everyone with his fellow asshole NY billionaires.

"The best people."

maybe they should consider invoking the 25th amendment while there is still a cabinet

I don't think this politico article from last night was posted yet http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/09/trump-aides-guard-rails-243608. It describes how Trump will work himself into a rage after talking with Miller or Hannity or watching cable news and demand that, for example, we end NAFTA immediately. The people around him have to spend their days trying to talk Trump down from these rash decisions, or at least convince Trump to delay them in the hope he'll forget about it.

maybe they should consider invoking the 25th amendment while there is still a cabinet

I don't think this politico article from last night was posted yet http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/09/trump-aides-guard-rails-243608. It describes how Trump will work himself into a rage after talking with Miller or Hannity or watching cable news and demand that, for example, we end NAFTA immediately. The people around him have to spend their days trying to talk Trump down from these rash decisions, or at least convince Trump to delay them in the hope he'll forget about it.

Okay, so Corker’s tweet was meant literally.

Blader

I think Bannon is looking to put his eggs in Cruz' basket for 2020. Not sure if thats a good idea for someone like Bannon. Cruz wont rock the boat with UN or NATO, and probably will takethe threat of nuclear annihilation a little more seriously. But he will likely go along with all the dog whistling bullshit like NFL protests, crazy border wall and Muslim ban.

eh, if Bannon was looking to put his eggs in Cruz' basket, he would've done so 1-2 years ago when Cruz was actually running for president. I think Bannon is focused squarely on bolstering Trump, in no small part because he knows that the cult of personality around Trump is the glue that holds that base together.

Morning Consult has state-by-state approvals for Trump.

https://morningconsult.com/2017/10/...-state-though-deep-pockets-of-support-remain/

He racks up majority disapproval in 25 states plus DC. That’s every Clinton state plus Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Iowa and Arizona. He’s also underwater in North Carolina and Ohio and barely scrapes a plurality in Florida and Georgia.

Other states where he’s under 50 approval include Indiana, Missouri, Montana and Nebraska. Texas is just a nudge above 50.

Apparently Glenn Grothman of all people is talking doom for himself and the Republicans:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...l-career-has-trouble-raising-money/747053001/

Grothman is basically protoTrump so unless he’s just trying to scare donors into giving him money, this would be a good win next November.

In other news, Politico reports that Democrats are... NOT doomed?

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/10/democrats-senate-majority-2018-path-243533

Not much we don’t already know, but Senate Democrats do seem to be a bit more chipper about their chances than usual.

I hesitate to celebrate his incompetence, even though it will likely doom his entire agenda, because his incompetence is literally sentencing people to death in Puerto Rico.

Wilsongt

Washington (CNN)Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt announced Monday his agency's plans to withdraw the Clean Power Plan, the sweeping Obama-era rule regulating greenhouse gas emissions.

While speaking in Kentucky at an event with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Pruitt said he will sign the proposed rule repealing Obama's plan Tuesday.
"When you think about what that rule meant, it was about picking winners and losers. Regulatory power should not be used by any regulatory body to pick winners and losers," he said at the event. "The past administration was using every bit of power and authority to use the EPA to pick winners and losers and how we generate electricity in this country. That's wrong."

Fuck Pruitt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom