• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
whos weinstien and what did they do?

Movie producer with a now established history of sexual harassment that donated to a lot of Dem's. He also was forced out of his own company and has already been blacklisted. Also how you can even compare the Clinton campaign accepting donations from Weinstein before this was well known and Trump actually saying/admitting he did the same exact things as being exactly the same is beyond me...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm seeing tons of GOP-paid TV ads against Joe Donnelly in Indiana that are all about pushing people to call him to support GOP tax reform.

I'm seeing tons of GOP-paid TV ads against Joe Donnelly in Indiana that are all about pushing people to call him to support GOP tax reform.
Someone should tell the Republicans to put out an actual bill first.

Oh wait they won’t because the whole party is run by intellectually vacant morons.

Sorry, fucking morons.

Maybe they could be useful for once and reauthorize CHIP instead of holding it hostage for some asinine Trump proposal, probably carving his face into the moon or something.

Oh wait they won’t because the whole party is run by intellectually vacant morons.

Sorry, fucking morons.

Maybe they could be useful for once and reauthorize CHIP instead of holding it hostage for some asinine Trump proposal, probably carving his face into the moon or something.

Also the fact that Republican proposals are the least popular in the country. Nobody except rich assholes wants the corporate tax rate and estate tax lowered/repealed. As they said on PSA, the only thing that Polls worse than Democratic Tax Policy is Republican Tax Policy.

I never thought I'd be happy for my state government, but man, NC is a mess. Our biggest corruption is the fact that like 90% of our government worked for the law offices of Butler Snow before getting into office, and then after their terms, they go right back. It's a pretty blatant grift.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Sorry, fucking morons.

That's why it was so bizarre. They're everywhere, yet there's not even any real push right now. Wierd.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I reveal to you a Presidential Campaign firing on all cylinders:

A cartoon Mark Zuckerberg toured hurricane-struck Puerto Rico in virtual reality
zpr.0.png

The Verge said:
Mark Zuckerberg put on an Oculus Rift this afternoon and used Facebook’s new virtual reality platform, Facebook Spaces, to transport himself to Puerto Rico, the Moon, and his house. He broadcast the moment live on Facebook in what turned out to be a rather strange demo of a social platform that doesn’t have a clear use yet. In particular, Zuckerberg’s choice of locations emphasized just how odd it’ll be to watch other people in any sort of serious situation in virtual reality.

Zuckerberg’s first stop, along with Facebook social VR chief Rachel Franklin, was to Puerto Rico, where he stood in front of a 360-degree video from NPR documenting the aftermath of Hurricane Maria. He used the opportunity to discuss what Facebook is doing to aid relief — matching donations, sharing data with the Red Cross — but it was all pretty strange to watch for what perhaps should have been an obvious reason: Zuckerberg was represented by a floating cartoon character.

Regarding NC, I do my part and vote in every election and vote pretty much straight D. Dare I have any hope? Is there a realistic chance that the Rs could lose the super majority in the next election? We're so gerrymandered.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Ladies and Gentlemen, I reveal to you a Presidential Campaign firing on all cylinders:

A cartoon Mark Zuckerberg toured hurricane-struck Puerto Rico in virtual reality
zpr.0.png

This dude is talking about whatever the fuck that demo was supposed to be showing off being the future of social interactions.

His platform is the home of all kinds of racists, hateful, genocide wishing people as well as covert, clandestine accounts run by foreign entities. I wonder what could go wrong with giving these kinds of groups (that have already used Facebook to congregate) virtual spaces where they could meetup as if they were meeting up in person and no one would ever know about it because Facebook sure as fuck doesn't monitor or moderate its own platform...

Virtual nazi rallies or virtual meetings between questionable entities is what could go wrong

pigeon

Banned
Cillizza received flak, but the fact Weinstein was a major donor quickly blew up.

That's why he received flak! Because he's an avatar of a media system which blames Democrats for taking donations from a sexual harasser while condoning Republicans sending a serial sexual assaulter to the White House.

Ogodei

These things are hitting vulnerable R's too, i hear radio ads telling Barbara Comstock (Upper Potomac in Virginia) to do the same.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm noticing that if the Gerrymandering SCOTUS case goes through, both parties are really going to be incentivized to pad out their statewide popular vote. You can't afford to have any seat go uncontested in any state that's a potential to gerrymander either way.

Wilsongt

Nick Short 🇺🇸
Nick Short 🇺🇸 @PoliticalShort
Bannon on @seanhannity tonight, "We're going after the Republican establishment..going to challenge every Republican incumbent but Ted Cruz"

Surejan.gif

Nick Short 🇺🇸
Nick Short 🇺🇸 @PoliticalShort
Bannon on @seanhannity tonight, "We're going after the Republican establishment..going to challenge every Republican incumbent but Ted Cruz"

Surejan.gif

This will really motivate them to get behind Trump’s agenda.

Why is Cruz exempt? The one guy who didn't immediately kneel in front of Trump's flaccid bits gets a pass? Weird.

Also why is it worse for some people that Pence didn't stay for the game he used taxpayer money to go to? I mean I know the whole kneeling thing plays into it but the fact our tax money goes to pay for anyone to go to a football game in the first place is objectionable to me.

Crocodile

Why is Cruz exempt? The one guy who didn't immediately kneel in front of Trump's flaccid bits gets a pass? Weird.

Also why is it worse for some people that Pence didn't stay for the game he used taxpayer money to go to? I mean I know the whole kneeling thing plays into it but the fact our tax money goes to pay for anyone to go to a football game in the first place is objectionable to me.

The Mercers gave big sums of cash to Cruz Super PACs. Since the Mercers are also bankrolling Bannon, they aren't going to snipe one of their own.

Well when everyone else hates you, you need someone to support you

yursnhere

OK, maybe I should know the answer to this, but I have questions regarding campaign donations, and more specifically the ridiculous ‘controversy’ surrounding Weinstein’s donations to democrats. If the maximum individual contribution to a campaign is $2700 (adjusted for inflation), how is it that Weinstein has donated millions to democrats/DNC and specifically ~$30,000 to Hillary, Obama, etc? Wouldn’t he have reached his limit? Are they including donations to PACs and friends of his who he asked to donate too?

The same question goes for Kasowitz donating $32k personally to the NY attorney who then dropped the case against Ivanka and Trump Jr. Am I missing some loophole?

You can donate up to $2,700 per election i.e. you can do it once for a primary and then still do it again for a general. You can also put about $34k into each of the national committees e.g. House and Senate campaign committees separately. You can also donate $10K to state, district, local party.

Adds up.

A donor can basically give a maximum of about $420K.

Kevinroc

Kremlin recommends 'restraint' on North Korea to avoid worsening tensions

http://thehill.com/policy/internati...t-on-north-korea-to-avoid-worsening-situation

Russia on Monday said countries should exercise restraint in dealing with North Korea following President Trump's comments on the threat from Pyongyang.

“Moscow has called and continues to call on the parties involved in the conflict and on those who have anything to do with this issue to exercise restraint and to avoid any steps that would only worsen the situation," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters, according to Reuters.

Nick Short ����
Nick Short ���� @PoliticalShort

Surejan.gif

He was planning something like this for before Alabama.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/10/bannon-gop-primaries-mcconnell-trump-242522

President Donald Trump's closest allies are planning a slate of primary challenges against Republican senators, potentially undermining the party's prospects in 2018 and further inflaming tensions between GOP leaders and the White House.

Perhaps longer since he a hostile relationship with the Republican establishment and always wanted to change the party.

Even if his side wins a few seats. I think this will a prelude to a bigger battle within the party.

I think Bannon is looking to put his eggs in Cruz' basket for 2020. Not sure if thats a good idea for someone like Bannon. Cruz wont rock the boat with UN or NATO, and probably will takethe threat of nuclear annihilation a little more seriously. But he will likely go along with all the dog whistling bullshit like NFL protests, crazy border wall and Muslim ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom