• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talamius

You know what? If we can get to single payer simply by choking down the name "TrumpCare", fuck it. All in. Get on this Pelosi!

Ernest

Banned
If single-payer happens during Trump's presidency, I will eat my dick!
(hopefully, the single-payer system will take care of that)

At this rate Trump is going to switch parties.

"I love the Democrats they're bigly negotiators and I love negotiation! not like Republicans who are losers and can't even get an Obamacare replacement passed! Sad!"

NeoXChaos

If single payer ever happened under Trump's watch and he signed it. Only on that day would I agree that Trump "became President"

Wilsongt

Should be interesting to see how Hannity spins the narrative about how Establishment and Swamp Dwelling Republicans Ryan and McConnell let down you, the American people.

Vimes

https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/905869811305123841

It's like he gets one day of decent coverage and he can't help himself but walk back for another hit.

I can't fuckin breathe.

His base WANTS the democratic agenda. Infrastructure, health care, safety net. They just want it from Trump and not Obama.

All the pieces are in place. If the gop stays in deer-in-the-headlights mode (the last eight months suggest they might!) Schumer and Pelosi can get him to give a good portion of all of it.

Remember when it was the republicans who were trying to race against time to pass their legislative agenda before the Mueller investigation blows everything wide open?

wWgtddu.gif

(yes I know this could all come crashing down at any time, just give me this moment)

Monday in the rubble of the winter white house after Irma, there will be a lone vhs tape found. It will be showers to match the drapes of the white house, golden

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
You know what? If we can get to single payer simply by choking down the name "TrumpCare", fuck it. All in. Get on this Pelosi!

I'm all for Trump going for single-payer. The cost increase on the poor and middle-class would turn most of his base against him. The only way you get around it is by requiring businesses to pass on the amount of money they would have spent on health care to the employee, and I see absolutely no way he'd want that to happen.

Note that Dent's district has an R lean. Romney carried it 51-48 while Trump won it 52-44. But in a good Dem year, that's hardly insurmountable.

A few more retirements like these and the path to a Dem majority suddenly becomes a lot clearer.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
I'm gonna assume the Monday thing is what Rick Wilson teased would happen this week, because I said I believed him and I don't want to look foolish on the internet!

Crocodile

I'm looking at 538 and it looks like one of the Senators from Louisiana voted against the DC/CR/Harvey Bill that just passed the Senate? WTF?

I can't fuckin breathe.

His base WANTS the democratic agenda for white people only. Infrastructure, health care, safety net. They just want it from Trump and not Obama.

All the pieces are in place. If the gop stays in deer-in-the-headlights mode (the last eight months suggest they might!) Schumer and Pelosi can get him to give a good portion of all of it.

Remember when it was the republicans who were trying to race against time to pass their legislative agenda before the Mueller investigation blows everything wide open?

(yes I know this could all come crashing down at any time, just give me this moment)

FTFY with the bolded :p

SOURCES SAY THAT REP. CHARLIE DENT IS RETIRING AND WILL NOT SEEK REELECTION

http://www.cityandstatepa.com/content/sources-congressman-dent-will-not-stand-reelection

HUGE

Huh. Every time I saw him spoke, Dent came off as a real moderate and pretty reasonable. Any Dem is better than a GOPer so I'm glad for the chance for the seat but the GOP would be in a better place with more Dents and fewer Kings and other shitholes.

Am I missing something with the Monday thing? Is it an in-joke or something?:)

Monday is 9/11 so maybe that's the reference?

The man who bragged his properties were now the tallest in NYC after 9/11 now has to speak on the tragedy of 9/11 and give it due rememberence.

Sibylus

Banned
Single-payer Trumpcare is a moonshot, but could be effective as a wedge between 45 and Congress and his base. Would he actually care what's in it enough to read it? Who amongst his surviving aides does he trust enough to report its contents accurately? Can they be pushed out? #OperationTLDR

I'd hope for Issa and McSally's retirements but would hate to be deprived of the chance to see them lose.
It'd be nice, but we can beat them as incumbents. What would really help is someone like Erik Paulsen or Mike Coffman retiring - R Congressmen who represent heavily Clinton districts but inexplicably keep sailing to reelection.

Diablos

I wonder if Trump knows something big from the investigation is coming out soon that will hurt him?

Is he really just being nice to Democrats because the GOP is pissing him off or is he trying to win them over to make them think twice about impeachment?

I wonder if Trump knows something big from the investigation is coming out soon that will hurt him?

Is he really just being nice to Democrats because the GOP is pissing him off or is he trying to win them over to make them think twice about impeachment?

I think he's just tired of being President and being mad at everything not getting done.

But haven't you heard? He's pivoted for really real this time. He'll be a democrat, so we can stop with all the focusing on the distractions of stuff he may have said and done in the past. Don't we have better things to do, like obsess over a dumb and irrelevant webpage?

Who are you talking to?

pigeon

Banned
98% is insane. That's cultish. He hasn't even accomplished 4/5 of the shit he told them he would.

He accomplished exactly what he told them he would accomplish. He didn't accomplish a lot of the random policy stuff he talked about, but they took him seriously, not literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom