• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/905949975586238464

DJKSYfmXkAA_tOR.jpg

Cross another one off the list.

KingV

It would be absolutely hilarious of Trump becomes a Democratic puppet. Like imagine if Schumer and Pelosi are like shadow Majority Leader/Speaker of the house hahaha.

I think pelosi already IS shadow Majority Leader.

The reality is the Republicans can't govern without Democratic votes. They literally have to compromise with Democrats just to keep the government funded. The Senate is a little better, but one or two defectors from their party and... BOOM they have to hit up Schumer for votes.

I believe that's over the legal limit for hitting someone, established back in pre-Civil War era where Sumner was beaten over the head by another Senator given Sumner's anti-slavery agenda.

It's true. I learned that important fact by sleeping under a statue of Stonewall Jackson for 40 nights.

I just want to know if Pete Roskam is going to be facing a challenge or not. He is the worst thing out of Illinois (besides Joe Walsh of course)

Sumner was such a badass about it though. Asked about it after the war he said:

"Poof fellow, he was the unknowing agent of a malign power."

Also that guy looks like the snitch kid from Recess.

Blader

Wow, Charlie Dent is retiring now too? Maybe we can expect a more forceful Tuesday Group in this Congress after all.

Teggy

He was never convicted for this crime.

Wow, something about this doesn't add up at all

According to the Times, Tarsey’s parents rushed him into psychiatric treatment as Barcay recovered painfully and eventually attended the school prom in a wheelchair.

At first, California prosecutors filed the case in juvenile court, but it was dismissed. They tried it again in adult court.

“In the end, I pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor,” Tarsey said. “It’s not the charges that matter, it’s what happens in court.”

Tarsey, 6 feet 2 inches tall, claimed self-defense.

So, as was previously mentioned, the number of blows necessary for a prosecutor to insist upon charging you with a felony is 41? *takes notes*

No one other than the whitest people with the fattest wallets could possibly get away with being tried as a juvenile at age 17 for attempted murder. Modify one info field in his file and he's locked up for 20 years.

If the dumbofucks don't do something and capitalize on this shit NOW they can go fuck off. Play up to his ego, cozy up, all that shit. It's obvious.

edit: Also I know I work in finance, which is dysfunctional, but have none of you had an absolute lovefest with someone you HATE? I've had that. It's the best. OMG teach me everything about you, person I hate. OHH NOOO how could i teach you anything you are so good, person I hate in return? Over prosecco or pinot grigio if you are REALLY trashing it up.

Attorney. This checks out.

GhaleonQ

This new voucher craze? Rich white parents get a reprieve on tuition and get to remove their kids from "failing" (i.e., black and brown) public schools.

But what does a neoliberal shill English teacher know?

Bwahahahahahaha. It's funny, because I agree with you about the larger point (although it's a class issue, not [or in combination with] a race issue). High-income people are not willing to make any compromises on things that would objectively worsen their child's short-term education. The party does not matter.

But whether you're talking about Wisconsin (where I am), Ohio, or Indiana vouchers, that is most certainly not the case with to the extent where I wonder if you've spent more than 5 minutes pondering it.

In conception or execution, we're talking about starting at the low end of the income distribution and urban areas. That population is going to be disproportionately low-income and African/Hispanic/Asian.

And it's those parents who want to get the heck out of failing or secular schools, even if the one they chose is marginally better. (Mine is the best in Wisconsin and most here are good to excellent, but there are too many bad ones, too, and they don't shut down quickly enough for my wishes.)

Mike DeBonis said:
Pelosi on this morning: "I was telling my colleagues, this is what I asked the president to do, and boom boom boom, the tweet appeared."

https://twitter.com/mikedebonis/status/905811812410589184

Sahil Kapur said:
McCONNELL: Pls stop tweeting

TRUMP: No

PELOSI: Pls tweet this

TRUMP: K
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/905815691294629888

This is like in a fantasy story where the heroes free a monstrous creature and turn him on his abusive master, who also happens to be the main villain.

Zolo

That's what really helped out with Trump. He's been getting frustrated with everyone wanting to take away his voice, and Schumer and Pelosi told him to feel free to express himself.

rokkerkory

Why the change of heart for Trump all of the sudden? Maybe it's just fake change but wth?

Something with Russian investigation or what?

Armaros

Why the change of heart for Trump all of the sudden? Maybe it's just fake change but wth?

he is tired of GOP leadership failing him (ignoring how he also fails them)

so he turns to someone he knows, a NY senator. Remember that trump has been desperate to get recognition in NYC, and Schumer is abusing that fact to the max.

He's an (easily played) narcissist, in addition to being white supremacist fash trash.

Yep. The guy is petty as fuck, has no political compass, and just wants people to tell him how fucking great he is 24/7. Ryan and McConnell failed at that, so he's punishing them. This is seriously what's happening in this country right now

Famed Washington DC insider Stinkles says something is happening Monday.

Also Rachel Maddow had a segment where they were talking about these fake accounts and profiles that started pushing an anti Hillary pro Trump agenda in 2015. Tons of profiles on Facebook made to look like Americans, but were fake bots used to spread propaganda.

Pixieking

Banned
he is tired of GOP leadership failing him (ignoring how he also fails them)

so he turns to someone he knows, a NY senator. Remember that trump has been desperate to get recognition in NYC, and Schumer is abusing that fact to the max.

I wonder how Trump will react when Schumer drops him and reveals it was all an act? Like, that's the kind of thing that can cause major mental health issues, even in someone half Trump's age.

Vimes

I suppose that happens with Majin Buu, but I was thinking more like this

Dammit I'm literally watching this arc for the first time right now!

This is the last place in gaf I expected DBZ spoilers, but frankly I should have known better.

2TbUBRn.png

My first thought in the scenes where Buu first appears was Reince Preibus and Donald Trump

I wonder how Trump will react when Schumer drops him and reveals it was all an act? Like, that's the kind of thing that can cause major mental health issues, even in someone half Trump's age.
I was actually just thinking that. Makes me almost feel pity for the guy.

Dammit I'm literally watching this arc for the first time right now!

This is the last place in gaf I expected DBZ spoilers, but frankly I should have known better.
Oops! I'm sorry. I promise that didn't give away too much. Still plenty of twists and turns.

Bwahahahahahaha. It's funny, because I agree with you about the larger point (although it's a class issue, not [or in combination with] a race issue). High-income people are not willing to make any compromises on things that would objectively worsen their child's short-term education. The party does not matter.

But whether you're talking about Wisconsin (where I am), Ohio, or Indiana vouchers, that is most certainly not the case with to the extent where I wonder if you've spent more than 5 minutes pondering it.

In conception or execution, we're talking about starting at the low end of the income distribution and urban areas. That population is going to be disproportionately low-income and African/Hispanic/Asian.

And it's those parents who want to get the heck out of failing or secular schools, even if the one they chose is marginally better. (Mine is the best in Wisconsin and most here are good to excellent, but there are too many bad ones, too, and they don't shut down quickly enough for my wishes.)

All charter schools, by virtue of sucking money out of public schools and undermining workers rights, are bad. At best, they're a lifeline for a limited number of minority parents who have been sold the story by charter advocates and people who just plain hate public schools that there is no way to fix public schools, so the only thing you can do is be entirely selfish and get your kid a ticket out as the rest of the public schools become even worse as the best students are grabbed by the charters.

But hey, you should be happy. You've got a nice ally to continue to sell the idea that public schools are unfixable wrecks that must be turned over to "non-profits" ran by billionaires or religious folk.

Amalthea

Banned
Of course. That's always how these things go. These people are hypocrites through and through.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Trumps also scammed their US-citizenship and little Donnie might have been born abroad too. Would explain his insane obsession with birtherism.
EDIT: Actually just googling Frederick Trump shows articles citing that he emmigrated illegally and was later deported from Bavaria for that after he tried to return to Germany. lol

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I still don't quite understand how the Democrats reached that deal. The one advantage Republicans have is that they're irrational actors and the Democrats aren't - they can grand-stand on the debt ceiling, but Democrats will eventually cave because they don't want to collapse the entire global economy. How do you turn your one strong point into a complete and total cave-in of enormous proportions? It's having to fold in tiddlywinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom