• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

The Autumn Wind
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh
Keep in mind that Southeast Florida is a good chunk of the state's population.

pigeon

Banned
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

They're showing Romney winning 14% among African-Americans again. Either SurveyUSA knows something nobody else does about the black population, or the exact opposite is true.

HylianTom

Banned
Inb4 Christie and Obama Fanfiction.
Who's the top and who's the bottom? And is the bottom a normal bottom or a "power bottom?"
tumblr_lik4hqfSP01qb3j2u.jpg

Kusagari

I seriously wish South Florida could just break off into our own state.

All we do is get fucked over by the rest of this state loving Republicans.

They're showing Romney winning 14% among African-Americans again. Either SurveyUSA knows something nobody else does about the black population, or the exact opposite is true.

Interestingly, they're also showing Cuban voters tied. They supported McCain in 08 and recently I've read that they were supporting Romney. SUSA sucks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Keep in mind that Southeast Florida is a good chunk of the state's population.
Including ME

We have been working very hard and I think it shows in that nineteen point lead

yet EVERY OTHER REGION HAS OBAMA DOWN.

I do not enjoy being a swing state. If Florida had a chance of being the deciding factor this time around I would seriously induce a coma.

Brinbe

Those SUSA numbers explains why Romney's hopping over there for 3 events tomorrow. He probably planned on putting it away along with NC by now. And Obama leading among banked votes is p. damn encouraging, he doesn't necessarily need FL but keeping it competitive is awesome. And with his incredible ground game, I don't think he'll under-perform on election day.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Also, I'm continually surprised that the Orlando area isn't more left-leaning than it is.

Obama crushed McCain in 08 in Orange County and is beating Romney pretty bad in early voting. Not sure how left-leaning you expect it to be? Especially with local politicians all pretty much being republican.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Time to get Joe Lieberman down to Florida. Wait, does he even support Obama this time?
He hasn't endorsed anyone.

-_-
Work harder up in north Florida. :p
In 2008, I was working for the campaign in Alachua because I was still in school. Alachua county went blue by a bigger margin than any other county except for broward *flex*

edit: It might not have been #2 but it was a huge victory and surrounded by red on a district map and I was happy.

markatisu

The tears at Free Republic are glorious

How about “Bozo of the Year”? Helping us lose two in the bag Senate races and now promoting O. What is he thinking? Surely not 2016. That’s laughable

His demeanor in Fox & Friends this AM was troubling. Christie was absolutely pissed when they asked if Romney might come tour the damage but then waxed poetic about how wonderful Obama had been, and how he’d called him three times yesterday.

If this narrative of Obama = great leader in tough times continues (and you better believe Romney will now either be silenced or ignored or painted as insincere), it could very well affect this election. Thanks, Chris!

12444.jpg

Chubby the Hut tries to damage Romney so that he can have a shot at 2016. If that goes down... we will start on a new TEA Party November 7.

Kusagari

In 2008, I was working for the campaign in Alachua because I was still in school. Alachua county went blue by a bigger margin than any other county except for broward *flex*

edit: It might not have been #2 but it was a huge victory and surrounded by red on a district map and I was happy.

Alachua always goes blue. It's dominated by Gainesville - a college town :p.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Obama crushed McCain in 08 in Orange County and is beating Romney pretty bad in early voting. Not sure how left-leaning you expect it to be? Especially with local politicians all pretty much being republican.
It's usually close enough to be a big battleground area of the state. I know it leans left, but I would think it would be as unbalanced as South Florida, and it isn't.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Alachua always goes blue. It's a college town :p.
I'm sure it will this time too but Florida's electoral votes are given FPTP. The margin of victory helped Florida go for Obama in 2008.

It's going to be a brutal struggle this time :(
I seriously wish South Florida could just break off into our own state.

All we do is get fucked over by the rest of this state loving Republicans.
I used to oppose this idea. Even after 2000, I still opposed it, idealistic as I was.

Now I'm ready to do the fucking sawing myself.

True. I just figured that it couldn't hurt to point out just how ridiculously friendly Minnesota is to Democrats.
Not just that, but Klobuchar is one of the most popular politicians in the country. Her approval ratings are like 70%. That hasn't stopped Republicans from deluding themselves into thinking she's going down, though, partially assisted by their incredibly transparent whisper campaign that she's a lesbian.

Inb4 Christie and Obama Fanfiction.
It was Election Eve, 2016. President Barack Obama stood idle, wearing a pensive expression on his face that hid his anxiety. It was amazing to think of where he was just three years ago. Everyone in the media, a function of society he detested, had been excitedly chattering about the statesmen lining up to take his place in 2016. Of these, one name emerged - Hillary Clinton - but those hopes were dashed when she'd denied any interest in the presidency. Neither side could produce one half-decent candidate who Obama approved of... Well, except one.

Obama was waiting in the wings to stump for New York governor Andrew Cuomo, who bought his way to the Democratic nomination just like his rival, Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney won the Republican nomination four years prior. As far as the President was concerned, the differences between the two men could not be more miniscule. Sure, Mr. Cuomo was hardly bound to any religious ideology the way Mr. Romney was, but at their core they were businessmen, men who accumulated wealth through luck and family connections, and were now trying to win the hearts of the American people without any of the charisma or class to be expected from presidential candidates.

"It's all a part of the game, Barack," he told himself. As a Democrat, his name would be tarnished in liberal circles if he had denied to endorse Mr. Cuomo as his heart wanted him to do so much. While waiting, his blackberry began to buzz.

The Secret Service, figuring that President Obama was on his way out, restored his phone privileges. It was a feature that the President enjoyed having again in his life.

He looked down on the screen. It was the Republican nominee, New Jersey governor Chris Christie. His girth was so that only a quarter of his face could be contained on the screen.

Obama glanced out at the crowd. Joe Biden had just taken the stage. Crazy old Joe. Barack figured he had about seventeen minutes, but with Joe there was never a guarantee. This would certainly be a risk.

He answered the phone.

"Hey baby," Barack said.

TO BE CONTINUED...?

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'm sure it will this time too but Florida's electoral votes are given FPTP. The margin of victory helped Florida go for Obama in 2008.

It's going to be a brutal struggle this time :(

I used to oppose this idea. Even after 2000, I still opposed it, idealistic as I was.

Now I'm ready to do the fucking sawing myself.
Someone with far greater Photoshop skills than me needs to edit that Bugs Bunny gif to show him sawing off Florida, but then reattaching South Florida to the bottom of Georgia.

HylianTom

Banned
Dammit, now the Freepers are making me like Chris Christie. I feel dirty.
Same here. I'm actually feeling.. gratitude toward him for acting like a decent human being. I wouldn't have expected this from Jindal or Florida's joke governor.

That's how low the bar for Republicans has gotten: act like a human, and I'm impressed at how remarkable it is.

And I'm sure that if he should get the GOP nomination in 2016, the party will force him to contort such that I grow to loathe him. Sad, really.

Kinvara

He looked down on the screen. It was the Republican nominee, New Jersey governor Chris Christie. His girth was so that only a quarter of his face could be contained on the screen.

Obama glanced out at the crowd. Joe Biden had just taken the stage. Crazy old Joe. Barack figured he had about seventeen minutes, but with Joe there was never a guarantee. This would certainly be a risk.

He answered the phone.

"Hey baby," Barack said.

TO BE CONTINUED...?

I laughed out loud at this.

Good stuff.

It's usually close enough to be a big battleground area of the state. I know it leans left, but I would think it would be as unbalanced as South Florida, and it isn't.

My parents live in Seminole county and it's like 15:1 Romney to Obama signs around there when in 2008 it was 6:4 McCain/Obama

It was Election Eve, 2016. President Barack Obama stood idle, wearing a pensive expression on his face that hid his anxiety. It was amazing to think of where he was just three years ago. Everyone in the media, a function of society he detested, had been excitedly chattering about the statesmen lining up to take his place in 2016. Of these, one name emerged - Hillary Clinton - but those hopes were dashed when she'd denied any interest in the presidency. Neither side could produce one half-decent candidate who Obama approved of... Well, except one.

Obama was waiting in the wings to stump for New York governor Andrew Cuomo, who bought his way to the Democratic nomination just like his rival, Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney won the Republican nomination four years prior. As far as the President was concerned, the differences between the two men could not be more miniscule. Sure, Mr. Cuomo was hardly bound to any religious ideology the way Mr. Romney was, but at their core they were businessmen, men who accumulated wealth through luck and family connections, and were now trying to win the hearts of the American people without any of the charisma or class to be expected from presidential candidates.

"It's all a part of the game, Barack," he told himself. As a Democrat, his name would be tarnished in liberal circles if he had denied to endorse Mr. Cuomo as his heart wanted him to do so much. While waiting, his blackberry began to buzz.

The Secret Service, figuring that President Obama was on his way out, restored his phone privileges. It was a feature that the President enjoyed having again in his life.

He answered the phone.

"Hey baby," Barack said.

TO BE CONTINUED...?

VGSGN.gif

Cheebo

Banned
There it is, I figured we did not Cheebo to throw in a poll showing Obama down
I post all tracking polls . It's just poligaf rushes to post them if Obama is up and avoids posting them when Obama goes down. If Obama went up it would have already been posted.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
By the way for people having a difficult time understanding why I'm getting so worked up and why my state is so overwhelmingly frustrating to live in:

This is what an overwhelming, clear victory for Obama in Florida looks like:
39Tle.png

vA85n.png

So jelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom