• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldfoot

Banned
So if Romney loses, who do you think will be on the ticket in 2016? (Both Pub and Dem)
It should be when Romney loses, not if. And it'll be obviously due to running a moderate candidate like Romney and losing the Latino vote. So:

Santorum/Rubio vs. Hillary/Booker

This reminds me so much of the primary campaign in 2008 when the Clinton campaign was all "look at this national poll!" and "there's no way turnout in Iowa will be anywhere close to what the Obama campaign is saying!"

yeah. i remember an obama official telling an incredulous dan balz of the WaPo that turnout would exceed 200,000. balz kept repeating it never surpassed 130,000, and wasn't likely to happen again while the obama official just sat there nodding his head.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I think with both the diminishing visibility of Tea Party nutters and the taste of Bush washed from people's mouths, people are becoming less embarrassed to register Republican than 2 or 4 years ago.

JCizzle

As a hypothetical scenario, I wonder what would happen if something like Sandy hit a week later. It looks like it may hit a battleground state, so I wonder how that would be dealt with on an Election Day. Would it be pushed back in VA? How would people be informed?

HylianTom

Banned
Ha. I'd love to hear someone from the campaign come out and say, "National polls? Haha.. that's adorable. I've gotta remember that one!"

coldfoot

Banned
Democrats should run a "Once You Go Black, You Don't Go Back" campaign and nominate Cory Booker.
We all know Hillary's on board with that, would boost white women vote:

1233823475_the%20clintons%20kissing%20fail.gif

My idiot Facebook friend is disgusted by the Lena Dunham ad.

Just when you think it couldn't be more offensive! Obama now comes out with an ad that is horrible! I won't even post it, find it if you must. It is a young girl comparing her "first time" (virginity) to voting for Obama! Seriously, who can be proud to have their name on that ad!

I didn't have the heart to tell him that that "young girl" is 26.

So I've been paying attention to the religious segment of the right wing for quite a while. As we all know, the only thing that motivates them are abortion rights and gay rights.

So I've been reading up on one particular thorn at their side - the so-called Mexico City Policy. It's a policy enacted by Republican presidents that bans funding to any overseas organization that promotes abortion as a form of "family planning." After reading up on that policy, I can't believe that the Senate didn't do something about that shit when they had 60 votes. They should have straight up barred that policy from ever being re-enacted.

Yet, another reason to vote against Mitt Romney - if you believe we have a population crisis, then he will only help exacerbate it.

Recovering Bush people.

Exactly. Lots of people stopped calling themselves Republicans due to Bush's failures with a pointless war and a crashed economy. But now that is the rear-view mirror and Obama is giving rights to gay people and wants to take away ma gunz, so they are back.

pigeon

Banned
My idiot Facebook friend is disgusted by the Lena Dunham ad.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that that "young girl" is 26.

ronald reagan said:
“I know what it’s like to pull the Republican lever for the first time, because I used to be a Democrat myself, and I can tell you it only hurts for a minute and then it feels just great.”

Backpats, TPM.

Downhome

I just don't know about Clinton running in 2016 now. By election day that year, she will be 69 years old. I personally don't care about that, but I think it may be past her time by that point.

I just don't know about Clinton running in 2016 now. By election day that year, she will be 69 years old. I personally don't care about that, but I think it may be past her time by that point.

Keep in mind as well that no one intends to be president for one term...she would be running for re election at 73,and not done with term 2 until 77.

Call me crazy, but I think she's done here.

Averon

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/poll-duckworth-opens-up-double-digit-advantage-over

Poll: Duckworth Opens Up Double-Digit Advantage Over Walsh

Democrat Tammy Duckworth has taken a double-digit lead over incumbent Republican Joe Walsh in the race for Illinois's Eighth Congressional District, according to a new poll from the Chicago Tribune released Friday. Fifty percent of the 600 likely voters polled said they'd be voting for Duckworth, while only 40 percent said they'd select Walsh. The poll had a margin of error of 4 points.

Good. Walsh is an asshole.

HylianTom

Banned
The Romney high command did a Thursday afternoon conference call with some of their biggest donors and bundlers from around the country, urging them to push hard for the next week to bring in more dough.

According to a source familiar with the call, Romney national finance chair Spencer Zwick and pollster Neil Newhouse gave the group a briefing on the state of the race and pressed them to raise more more more in the next week.

Newhouse told the group that the battleground states are within 2-3 points in their data and they need more money for additional last-minute television ads, direct mail, and other forms of voter contact.
http://thepage.time.com/2012/10/25/inside-romney-world/

RDreamer

Biden's speaking in Oshkosh right now. Doing a pretty good job Stream's here

He started out pretty much with a public service announcement that early voting is going on and they'll have volunteers take people to the polls right after the rally.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Ninety-six percent (96%) of Badger State voters say they are sure to vote in this election. Romney leads 51% to 47% among these voters.

LOL--this alone should show anybody that Rasmussen is a terrible polling group.

Downhome

Keep in mind as well that no one intends to be president for one term...she would be running for re election at 73,and not done with term 2 until 77.

Call me crazy, but I think she's done here.

My thinking too. Wasn't John McCain just 72 when he ran last time? And people were all about him being too old and could die in office, especially if he got two terms. She would just about be his age in four years as he was four years ago.

It's crazy to think about and put it into perspective, but it's true.

Been posted yet?

NumbersMuncher ‏@NumbersMuncher

ABC/WaPo tracking tightens to Romney up 1, 49-48. But his lead among indys went up to 20. Yes, 20 point lead with indys.

I wonder why the surge among independents...

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face

On the one hand, I feel if she has the energy for it and if she gets past the primaries then people won't care.

Then I think of my own mom, who's "only" 63, and she's getting exhausted just teaching and seems as though she's ready to wind down her career and retire. The idea of someone being POTUS for a decade and a half beyond my mom's age just seems off to me.

Then again if McCain, why not Clinton.

Jackson50

Yesterday, the AAAS released a statement noting the society's opposition to California's Proposition 37. They share most of my concerns about the potential ramifications if the measure were passed. Primarily, it might confuse consumers without protecting public health.

AAAS Board of Directors: Legally Mandating GM Food Labels Could “Mislead and Falsely Alarm Consumers”

Foods containing ingredients from genetically modified (GM) crops pose no greater risk than the same foods made from crops modified by conventional plant breeding techniques, the AAAS Board of Directors has concluded. Legally mandating labels on GM foods could therefore “mislead and falsely alarm consumers,” the Board said in a statement approved 20 October.

In releasing the Board’s statement, AAAS noted that it is important to distinguish between labeling intended to protect public health—about the presence of allergens, for example—and optional labeling that aids consumer decision-making, such as “kosher” or “USDA organic,” which reflects verifiable and certifiable standards about production and handling.

Several current efforts to require labeling of GM foods are not being driven by any credible scientific evidence that these foods are dangerous, AAAS said. Rather, GM labeling initiatives are being advanced by “the persistent perception that such foods are somehow ‘unnatural,’” as well as efforts to gain competitive advantages within the marketplace, and the false belief that GM crops are untested.

http://www.aaas.org/news/releases/2012/1025gm_statement.shtml

Lol. New Obama ad- some controversy going on with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o6G3nwhPuR4
That's disgusting. And another unforced error for Obama. Does he even want to win?

dabig2

Glad to see that I'm on the same page as the Obama campaign. Haven't paid even a sniff of attention to a national poll since like back in June. I think they're tripe for the most part because they underestimate the power of GOTV and some of them like to oversample the South.

The election has and always will be about the individual states. And by states, I really only mean like 5 or 6 of them.

But national polls do serve 1 great purpose - it elevates the amount of butthurt we'll see the day after the election. "Bu bu bu bu Romney had a 2-3 point advantage nationally in all of the national polls! He was the favorite!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom