• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintZ

Lana Del Rey's 'Born To Die' Crosses 1 Million Copies Sold
Lana Del Rey's major label debut album "Born To Die" has sold its 1 millionth copy in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

The set, released by Polydor/Interscope Records on Jan. 31, 2012, sold another 5,000 copies in the week ending March 23. That brings its cumulative sales total to 1,001,000 million.

The album debuted and peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 chart, and has never left the tally since its arrival. On the newest chart, dated April 5, it falls from No. 59 to No. 76 in its 112th week on the list.
It was certified platinum a couple of weeks ago for shipments but it finally crossed the mark. Queen.

lanascoming3ss9z.gif

Cynosure

first week sales

Christina Aguilera - Back To Bacisc(2006): 692k
Nelly Furtado - Loose (2006): 219k
Jennifer Lopez - Brave(2007): 52.6k
Shakira - She Wolf(2009): 89k

Legend X retains her supreme Latina title

iXWMo3PBklK2Z.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Lana Del Rey's 'Born To Die' Crosses 1 Million Copies Sold

It was certified platinum a couple of weeks ago for shipments but it finally crossed the mark. Queen.

lanascoming3ss9z.gif

Still listen to it regularly. ;_______________________:

first week sales

Christina Aguilera - Back To Bacisc(2006): 692k
Nelly Furtado - Loose (2006): 219k
Jennifer Lopez - Brave(2007): 52.6k
Shakira - She Wolf(2009): 89k

Legend X retains her supreme Latina title

I'm ok with this. Voice of a generation.

ibgd72woYl4Ui0.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i'm truly howling at the fact that in the year gaga put out an album called ARTPOP about seven hundred other people did more ARTPOP things than her

at this rate rihanna will put out a CD full of ambient music just to twist the knife

I hope they take all these amazing Gaga paparazzi photos and make a glorious picture book in like 10 or 15 years. Her building exits/entrances are iconic at this point.

Nemesis_

I imagine a similar amount of iconography would be commanded by the photos of Beyonce "entering" and "exiting" Lenox Hill Hospital too.

cory64

"Queen Bey don't gotta couture outdoors to sell records
Well I do, so fuck her and fuck you too
You think I give a damn about a Grammy?
I think I gave one to Katy when she said she stanned me

Christina Aguilera better switch me chairs
so I can watch in the comfort of her own couch
and take my first bath since my concert down south"

^the first track on ARTPOP PART II

I remember when Ratchet was supposed to feature Rihanna, Beyoncé, and Azealia Banks. Who knew it was nothing but some shitty EDM/Trap instrumental all along.

ibiKAAcctceqiW.gif

Nemesis_

We knew that from the beginning the internet just made a big deal out of nothing :|

Although both Ratchet and Red Flame (if they ever actually existed) were originally just meant to be AB features.

Oh and apparently this is some audio of Gaga rehearsing GUY for the Roseland Residency.

http://ladyxgaga.com/post/80830126663/audio-of-gaga-rehearsing-g-u-y-for-her-roseland

It sounds much less electronic.

EDIT: Oh and the "Broadcast Edit" of the GUY video is now on VEVO too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohs0a-QnFF4

Vazduh

This is actually an interesting way to sell an album:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791366

Xtina should do this. ;____;

Wu-Tang, their ARTHOP.

Wow! I'm loving this possible trend. First Beyonce, and now Wu-Tang Clan... I wonder what's next, and more importantly, who's next? I am aware that it's a gimmick, but it's also a new way to put your art out there to the world (or in the case of WTC, one person who might or might not leak the album).

PopGAF, what do you think? Could anyone else realistically get away with releasing their album the way Beyonce did and still enjoy big sales?

i'm truly howling at the fact that in the year gaga put out an album called ARTPOP about seven hundred other people did more ARTPOP things than her

at this rate rihanna will put out a CD full of ambient music just to twist the knife

tA1OECl.gif

Several artists are preparing visual albums, right? Florrie is one of them,
but judging by her Seashells video, she shouldn't have bothered trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom