• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintZ

More sales and stats from Billboard
Over on the Digital Songs chart, Ariana Grande earns the eighth-largest debut ever for a download, as her "Problem" starts at No. 1 with 438,000 sold. It's also the largest arrival for a song this year, and the biggest since Katy Perry's "Roar" debuted with 557,000 downloads in the week ending Aug. 18, 2013.
"Problem" features Azalea, who herself jumps from No. 6 to No. 2 with her own song, "Fancy," featuring Charli XCX. "Fancy" sold 222,000 downloads (up 104 percent).

With the jump, Azalea becomes only the fifth artist to occupy the top two slots of Digital Songs at the same time, and the first to do so since 2012. The last artist to rule with both the No. 1 and No. 2 songs in the same week was Swift in the sales week ending Sept. 9, 2012. That week, she ruled the Digital Songs chart with "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" (284,000) and "Ronan" (211,000), respectively.
And West Coast is finally up on Lana's VEVO
I don't see any differences

Touchdown

Banned
jbqCyXnRMJzNZK.jpg

Yaaas Mary
52b0f867.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
438,000 for Problem
222,000 for Fancy

Bow down to a goddess
Azealia left some messages.
tumblr_m3s76qxvdb1qb4idi.jpg

(Sent Saturday at 11:53 PM)

You know what, you are seriously such a fuckin' bitch ass, loser, motherfucker
You got over me? Yeah, you got the fuck over me
Cause you fuckin' another fuckin' bitch

(End of message)

(Next message)

I'm sorry that I'm crying right now
But I'm drunk, and

(End of message)

(Next message)

This is bullshit, because you found
A new perfect girl for you

Bladenic

Slay I-G-G-Y

Problem will probably go #1 too. Both it and Fancy are gonna be part of my summer jams playlist yasss

Also botty must be ecstatic since the Hoenn remakes were announced

Vazduh

What's a day without some Becky G news?

So, let's see what's our favorite Santeria queen been up to. Well, she has a new single out. I guess since she's been flopping in the States, the only thing left to do was to make a single in Spanish.

Can't Get Enough (feat. Pitbull) - Spanish version

And she's also been writing for Fifth Harmony with Dr. Luke. (edit: it seems that they're not collaborating. Yet.)

With @fifthharmony in the studio being weird. #COREwater @TheDoctorLuke

R.I.P. Filth Harmony, you didn't even have a chance.

Btw, thanks for that link, Mau. Lemme bop.

Vazra

What's a day without some Becky G news?

So, let's see what's our favorite Santeria queen been up to. Well, she has a new single out. I guess since she's been flopping in the States, the only thing left to do was to make a single in Spanish.

Can't Get Enough (feat. Pitbull) - Spanish version

And she's also been writing for Fifth Harmony with Dr. Luke. (edit: it seems that they're not collaborating. Yet.)

R.I.P. Filth Harmony, you didn't even have a chance.

Btw, thanks for that link, Mau. Lemme bop.

Shower > Play it Again>>>Problem>>>> Can't Get Enough English>>>>>> Spanish

Becky G didnt needed to curse those girls. They were already flop levels. Overkill :rip:

Vazduh

This picture should totally be the cover of the next single.

Stunning. Can she ever do wrong? I don't think so.

Shower > Play it Again>>>Problem>>>> Can't Get Enough English>>>>>> Spanish

Becky G didnt needed to curse those girls. They were already flop levels. Overkill :rip:

Flop overkill indeed.

Hm, I'd actually agree with the above ranking. It's not like Shower is some artistic achievement, but at least it's listenable, lol.

Speaking of Becky G, confession time: I had Cher Lloyd's Oath on repeat today (it was written by the one and only, Becky). The song couldn't be more generic, which is why it flopped, yet... there's something oddly enjoyable about it.

Or maybe I'm just losing my mind.

GlMbPZJ.gif

cory64

(Cr)happy has been dethroned, tho All of Me also decreased in all 3 metrics so really Problem was the biggest song to increase.

Vazra

Mau ®;110992309 said:
At this rate she's gonna curse the entire industry.
I wonder what would happen if she made a Collab with Xtina. Will they both get cursed by their respective powers or do some kind of wave that will curse everyone in the planet?

Vitanimus

Maybe Xtina will become a martyr for all the pop princesses and absorb all of Becky's remaining power and fade into irrelevancy
iROkR1I3C8eT1.gif

oh waiT
ibmip840Gf9S0g.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Mau ®;110976964 said:
Diplo has made available a "bootleg" pack of music for free because he hit 1 million followers on Facebook.

Ya'll can download it Here

Thanks
The true king of production.

rihanna doesn't really serve fashion icon. she just has a good face and clothes that fit. her styles aren't original, timeless or the start of a new trend.

but this is popgaf so i'm just going to be quoted with "fume you steampressed bitch"

so allow me to say in advance:

rhat is an ugly pig who probably smells like diapers and couldn't sing her way out of a paper bag

Touchdown

Banned
Natalia Kills is a flop, West Coast flopped and I'm currently unemployed. Can't get any worse.

Can't fall down, stay triumphant, keep on living
Stay on your toes
Get off the ropes
Don't let 'em ever count you out
Realize all things are possible
In your heart who's the greatest
Reach for the stars
Be all that you are
And make 'em all fall down

Stay Triumphant sis!

tumblr_m96agaFooc1qln00mo10_250.gif

Vazra

rihanna doesn't really serve fashion icon. she just has a good face and clothes that fit. her styles aren't original, timeless or the start of a new trend.

but this is popgaf so i'm just going to be quoted with "fume you steampressed bitch"

so allow me to say in advance:

rhat is an ugly pig who probably smells like diapers and couldn't sing her way out of a paper bag

Rihanna knows what to wear. Sometimes she goes with things that many wouldn't do and rock it and sometimes she goes safe. I got no complains about calling her a fashion icon when she basically works with almost everything she wears.

For the music people already know my stance on Rih.

"Fashion Icon" to me is someone who's ushered in a distinct style that, while not necessarily original, is or becomes all their own.

People like RIhanna or Beyonce aren't fashion icons to me. They're style icons. As in they wear stylish things and pass them off in an effortless way (Rihanna moreso, since she has a lot more versatile looks). But neither of them have innovated with any looks that can be attributed to their own cunning or individuality. Beyonce gives me urban dance-hall with occasional Afro-themed avant-garde, and Rihanna plays around with established caribbean/tropical styles along with more alternative, edgy designs. But there's nothing outside of maybe hair style that makes me wanna say "oh that's very Rihanna/Beyonce."

royalan

no she really hasn't. she popularizes existing trends.

Actually, Rihanna singlehandedly revolutionized black hair. Fuck, hair in general.

And although Rihanna may not create fashion trends, she's savvy and incredibly influential in what trends go on to become global,.

This is more than most of our faves could say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom