• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Cos' I'm holding onto heaven
Lights fade but I won't let them
Oh I'm holding onto heaven
When I breathe and it's only you

tumblr_n0fd7zpUO81s5sk3do1_250.gif

Partition

Banned
Was listening to Born This Way today. LORD what an impeccable album. Even the "duds" like Bad Kids and The Queen make my heart flutter. Favorite pop album ever

I might have to agree. Such an underrated pop album on all fronts (I think it gets too much flack from it's lyrical content) - it truly was an accomplishment how many strong stand out tracks she was able to produce on one album.

Oh how far she has fallen.

Nemesis_

Bad Kids and Queen are shit and all the songs on ARTPOP are better than both those songs. Current schizophrenic shift aside I do not know how you could even compare those two songs.

jSwQkXA.png

Vazra

Bad Kids and Queen are shit and all the songs on ARTPOP are better than both those songs. Current schizophrenic shift aside I do not know how you could even compare those two songs.

I think you might actually agree in this statement towards those 2 songs. Those are Delusions™

Partition

Banned

The bridge/ending of The Queen alone is better than most of ARTPOP. Sit a bit.

cory64

I might have to agree. Such an underrated pop album on all fronts (I think it gets too much flack from it's lyrical content) - it truly was an accomplishment how many strong stand out tracks she was able to produce on one album.

If last year she put out Born This Way instrumentals with spoken word interludes it would have been a better idea than ARTPOP

3phemeral

Botty, are you hating on Xtina now, too? Because I couldn't hear anything at all.

I was wondering what was up because she's avoided every upper belt in that song, then I found this clip of whoever was responsible for playing ha lipped note from Candyman and totally forgetting to press play. Poor ha standing there trying to fool the audience, with nothing coming out of ha mouth.

Or the backing track.

ibpAHDg8Pxs1JX.gif

Vazra

Botty, are you hating on Xtina now, too? Because I couldn't hear anything at all.

I was wondering what was up because she's avoided every upper belt in that song, then I found this clip of whoever was responsible for playing ha lipped note from Candyman and totally forgetting to press play. Poor ha standing there trying to fool the audience, with nothing coming out of ha mouth.

Or the backing track.

ibpAHDg8Pxs1JX.gif

SCREAMING!

Partition

Banned

Starry night come inside me like never before
Don't forget me when I come crying to heaven's door
I will fly on a challenger across the sky
Like a phoenix so you can remind them of the dream I bore
*euphoric guitar solo*

yes_and_tears.gif

When will ARTPOP have such divine lyrics

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Madonna and Diplo? Hold me for the slayage will be real.

How brave of Katy to do a bit of jump rope in the middle of her show and then go on to do the big note.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I just want to see how she handles Legendary Lovers live and then I can go back to pretending she doesn't exist.

Vazduh

New interview with Jojo. It seems that Pharrell is going to be one of the producers on her upcoming studio album, but she also mentioned some new up-and-comers, such as Noisecastle III, and Gino Barletta (he wrote Disaster), so it should make for an interesting album.

Source.

Perfect song. :cry:

I bet you're going to love this outtake from the new album. She should have included it, tbh, the song is great.

Lykke Li - Burning Bridges.

And btw, I just checked out the POPGAF last.fm group, and I see you haven't scrobbled anything since last year. Get back to it, good sis!

Seriously all her singles have been flawless. AOTY Material if the album is as good as the singles.

So she's finally releasing the album? About damn time. I listened to the leak which was really, really good, so I can't wait for the mastered version.

Brit's stepped up her game since she went to Brunetty Spears. Still a better dancer than everyone's faves.

Check
Her
Out

Eh. It is much better than the Phlegm Fatale era, I'll give you that, but it's still not good. RIP Brinty :(

Matt_

She'll put it in just for you <3
There's still Gaga tickets available in the UK but I'm not sure I'll be able to find someone that would be willing to pay £100 for a ticket and I can't afford to pay for both :(

I feel like the wrap-up/final leg would include Dope as an end track, isn't it an ode to the fans?
I just need PARTYNAUSEOUS studio version ASAP

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It's nice to be able to buy tickets, right?

I'VE SPENT THIS ENTIRE PAST WEEK IN A FOG WAITING FOR BEYONCE AND HER DRY-ASS WEAVE TO FINALLY PUT THE FUCKING TICKETS FOR THE EAST RUTHERFORD SHOW OF THE "ON THE RUN TOUR" UP FOR FUCKING SALE, SINCE IT'S THE ONLY ONE I CAN GO TO YET IT'S THE ONLY ONE THAT'S STILL NOT UP FOR SALE

WHYYYYYYYY

8DA6p.png

FUCK YOUUUUUU

ddd

it will just make it sweeter in the end

when they sell out in three seconds

Or the backing track.

ibpAHDg8Pxs1JX.gif

THIS GIF

THAT TOTALLY FLUNKED LIPSYNCING

I LIVELWKLFG;SDGDKJSF

Mau ®

The LORDe will begin work on her new album in August
075ee6d1.gif

She also said she's written "pop songs" for other people but she won't say hew. Probably TayLORD
075ee6d1.gif
and hopefully she did give Rih a song like she hinted
075ee6d1.gif

Trigger

Mau ®;111083305 said:
075ee6d1.gif

She also said she's written "pop songs" for other people but she won't say hew. Probably TayLORD
075ee6d1.gif
075ee6d1.gif

New interview with Jojo. It seems that Pharrell is going to be one of the producers on her upcoming studio album, but she also mentioned some new up-and-comers, such as Noisecastle III, and Gino Barletta (he wrote Disaster), so it should make for an interesting album.

Source.

Both of these things make me so excited.

Matt_

I am not here for more Lorde or more Pharrell.
Disgusting. Vile. Unwanted.

Vazra

So she's finally releasing the album? About damn time. I listened to the leak which was really, really good, so I can't wait for the mastered version.

You may find the album online now... NZ release was today.

Currently I'm being slayed
i7qbZq7DqnORc.gif

ARTPOP wasn't a fall from grace; the writing and execution wasn't as strong but it's still in line with the rest of her discography as far as quality goes. She wanted a schizo raver pop album and she made one. It doesn't impact me like Born This Way does but that's because BTW is a once-in-a-career caliber album. It's like she made it in this vacuum where she just lets her musical passions run wild. It sounds completely unaffected by radio trends, career trajectory or anything. That's what makes it magical to me.

I went from hating Bad Kids and Highway Unicorn to appreciating the references, which in turn made me appreciate the songs more. Bad Kids' verses are catchy as fuck, and the chorus while not as strong feels like some bizarro Spice Girls universe. Plus the production is absolute fire. Highway Unicorn is so stadium ready and I feel bad for not catching the BTW Ball to hear it in all its rando glory. Listening to it now makes me feel like a cracked out pegasus flying around Fire Island. lol

And don't knock The Queen. It's like a fabulously decked out Tom Jones song (with the added context of being in with the gays... well, MORE in) and the lyrics are adorable. "Don't forget me when I come crying to heaven's door" is such a cheesetastic line. I get my life from this song whenever I wanna be a drag queen.

Hell I even got into Heavy Metal Lover recently, which was the one song on there that never hit me hard. Just in general a fabulous album and I hope she never feels like she has to chase that sound again. Just move on and let this be what it is.

Never thought I'd see the day where people would be missing the Born This Way era. I just want a pure dance album from Gaga with help from RedOne, Garibay, and maybe someone else. That will probably never happen though because she loves working with DJWS

Nemesis_

Never thought I'd see the day where people would be missing the Born This Way era. I just want a pure dance album from Gaga with help from RedOne, Garibay, and maybe someone else. That will probably never happen though because she loves working with DJWS

I loved that album! It was like a good electro-rock album. It's a bizarre marriage of genres that seemed to work really well. I hated Bad Kids and The Queen, but everything else was great.

The tour just cemented it for me. I am hoping the artRave will do the same for ARTPOP as the BTW Ball did for me for Born This Way.

Mau ®;111083305 said:
075ee6d1.gif

075ee6d1.gif
075ee6d1.gif

So she's done her 5th?

Edit: gross you're taking about her, I read this post completely wrong

She's done so many pure dance songs though. I want her to do something else. For someone who talks a WHOLE lot about putting on new "hats" and evolving, her music has actually been pretty static. It all falls under the same umbrella, with a few outliers here and there. The biggest problem with ARTPOP (and what puts it slightly below BTW to most) is that it was expected, and for someone like her, something that's unsurprising becomes synonymous with missing the mark. Born This Way was alienating and I totally understand people not liking it, but it caught listeners off guard. I want her next album to surprise me like that.

And I've been consistent with my BTW stanning since the jump. My slow and steady impact tbh

SaintZ

Rumored Ultraviolence tracklist
It was provided by Amazon France.

There's gonna be an ultra super deluxe edition that contains: 2CDs, 2 vinyls (picture disc), a 16 page booklet and 4 exclusive photos.

#DEATH at Fucked My Way Up To The Top. I can see this being real tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom