• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

flop_thread.gif

Just realised headline edit.
ahh.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I've just listened to it and it is COMPLETELY different to what I expected
Vastly prefer this sound to what she was like last album

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Foxes1.jpg

Holding on to Heaven confirms what we already know, in that Foxes knows how to deliver a chart-friendly hit as much as the next Katy Perry, minus any gimmick.

And of course, a star is born in Allen, who justifies why she’s already a Grammy winner before her debut has even dropped.
Source

Nnnnnn

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
honestly i love the new la roux

but when i hear it i can't stop imagining (with some lyrical adjustments and a little bit of a darker sound when the instrumentals kick in)

'what if this had been the new lana del rey single'

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
So British Pop/Rock band Rixton that were just signed by Scooter Braun are becoming a thing and I think I might actually like these guys
A9C623B11CB42C1EFB516DAE02C421F020131810161052307.jpg

Their first single is Me and My Broken Heart and it's kinda catchy.
They also had an earlier song called Make Out which was just a big parody video.

Nemesis_

honestly i love the new la roux

but when i hear it i can't stop imagining (with some lyrical adjustments and a little bit of a darker sound when the instrumentals kick in)

'what if this had been the new lana del rey single'

I have had similar dark thoughts but then I thought about the rest of the album and thought not to let myself go to suck a dark place again
for now

Mau ®

So British Pop/Rock band Rixton that were just signed by Scooter Braun are becoming a thing and I think I might actually like these guys
A9C623B11CB42C1EFB516DAE02C421F020131810161052307.jpg

Their first single is Me and My Broken Heart and it's kinda catchy.
They also had an earlier song called Make Out which was just a big parody video.

I like "Make Out".

Don't like "Me and My Broken Heart". It sounds too much like Maroon 5 and I despise Maroon 5. It does sound a bit like a hit tho.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
HEW added young fathers to the popgaf spotify list

it's INCREDIBULE

I have had similar dark thoughts but then I thought about the rest of the album and thought not to let myself go to suck a dark place again
for now

i can't tell if you're agreeing w/ me or not tho :eyes:

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Wait, the song really does reference that show.

I had to google the show because I've never heard of it
VYJbbX8.jpg
VYJbbX8.jpg
The cover looks iconic, tho

it was about these two schoolkids who find a spaceship that can turn invisible.

it was called aquila because i think the romans had also found it?

it had this absolutely iconic themesong too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BTLvbGNwWk

aquila mu mmum numum ummum aquila mumu mumuumum

[edit] eau and young fathers are playing at glasto, yessss

I need some bops that will help prevent me from clawing my eyes out from all this maths revision. Pray 4 me

edit: omg Solange assaulting Jay-Z in an elavator :deadbanana:

Her first hit in years!
whoa jesus wtf

Matt_

Ohmygoodens that ferocity!
Channel it Solange! Give me some new fierce music!

Vazduh

it was about these two schoolkids who find a spaceship that can turn invisible.

it was called aquila because i think the romans had also found it?

it had this absolutely iconic themesong too

Sounds like I would have loved that show as a kid :D

Solange assaulting Jay-Z in an elavator :deadbanana:

Her first hit in years!

What the fuck was that :SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Dmnvy0o.gif

I need some bops that will help prevent me from clawing my eyes out from all this maths revision. Pray 4 me

Today I've been on a little nostalgia kick so I've been listening to the bops I loved 10 years ago, hopefully it'll be up your alley. Turn up the volume and enjoy! And good luck on the exam.

Dannii Minogue - Don't Wanna Lose This Groove (The official Into The Groove + DWLTF mashup)
Jentina - French Kisses
Holly Valance - Curious
Lemar - Dance with U

Matt_

I can only assume Royalan is in a state of bliss right now

Touchdown

Banned
This is just what Solange needed to get her career kickstarted again. I can see it now, the book deal, the day-time interviews, the new album. Bey's reputation tarnished in the meantime. She's coming.

i9U9dTWfpZ81W.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom