• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
I got the alphabets
lmao.gif

That line literally has me on the floor I'm typing upside down laodj;flakjf;ldksj.
lmao.gif

All this entire debacle has left me with is a feeling of utter emptiness and regret that we'll never get to see G2BR's take on it

g2b >>>>>>> anything, ever

Vazduh

This morning I stumbled upon this very nice, breezy tune from Sweden. Hope you guys like it.

Azure Blue - Dreamy Eyes

I'm going to have to check out that album.

Poor Kylie, how awkward :( The guy said that the snub wasn't deliberate.

Fashion Icon Natalia Kills (FINK for short :eli:) serving for German Glamour Magazine
10345776_10152118882366732_1333916026796463255_n.jpg

Flawless

She looks amazing here *.*
Especially because the sunglasses cover her eyebrows

Btw, I saw that nude pic of her, what's up with her and her boyfriend recently? There's one photo on her Instagram account that would probably earn me an instaban if I posted it here. I'll just say the following: 6 May 2014.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I wish more artists would take the route of releasing an EP to extend an era.
The Fame Monster, Paradise Edition and Cannibal
and to a MUCH lesser extent The Complete Confection
are all damn near flawless and contain the artist's best work by far.
As long as it isn't done as some sort of con (Katy Perry, looking at you) and adds quite a lot to the album I think it's a great way to improve an artist's sound without having to change it up too much for a brand new album.

Bad Romance, Harold Song, American, We R Who We R, Cola, Ride, So Happy I Could Die, Body Electric, Blow. Not a flaw to be seen anywhere

edit; I've only just listened to Dressin' Up too, it's nawt too shabby

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
what a fucking MESS
it's all over the place. Singing doesn't match up with the production, the rap feature is awful and it doesn't sound anything like Mariah

Vazduh

I was on the fence initially but the more of it I heard, the worse it got. It's time for her to let go of this sound.

Or just let go, period. #Beautiful was a good song, but all of the singles after that one managed to erase any goodwill she had left with the general public. It's just a massive waste of talent.

meh the new MJ album is pretty mediocre, they really need to leave his old unused stuff alone. i use slave to the rhythm tho.

I haven't listened to XSCAPE yet, but I figured it would be mediocre. I mean, there had to be a good reason why most of his unreleased stuff stayed that way, it's not like he had a Prince-sized vault of recorded-but-unreleased classics, all of his great stuff ended up on the albums.

cory64

Oh Mariah... darling

meh the new MJ album is pretty mediocre, they really need to leave his old unused stuff alone. i use slave to the rhythm tho.
I really don't get why they felt the need to remix this stuff and dress it up as new. Just promote it as a vault release with the original versions so no one gets burned.

Vazduh

I predict a top 10... on the BU chart.

In Greenland, Kosovo and Turkmenistan maybe.

iQGJcHIJPGD3E.gif

S.L.A.Y and Haters may S.E.E.T.H.E

She looks amazing. And I'm glad that despite the low sales she hasn't been dropped by Interscope, I'd like to see her release her next album on a major label, too. My theory is that it's her friendship with Martin Kierszenbaum (aka Cherry Cherry Boom Boom) that's keeping it that way since she would have been dropped otherwise.

Wait I saw this on twitter is this the real single cover?

Is that her head pasted onto another body again?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
She looks amazing. And I'm glad that despite the low sales she hasn't been dropped by Interscope, I'd like to see her release her next album on a major label, too. My theory is that it's her friendship with Martin Kierszenbaum (aka Cherry Cherry Boom Boom) that's keeping it that way since she would have been dropped otherwise.

She has enough of connections around and making more lately which might help her keep her spot. Also IIRC Natalia has a 3 album deal with Interscope so they can perhaps drop her after that but apparently they have worse selling artists. Also if the Madonna song slays she might be able to gain more respect and even if it isn't doing albums people might want her to write for em. She is a really talented artists with the issue that her label doesnt do promo for her and her image is a hit or miss with people. (Not trendy)

wasn't someone in here harping on about how Mariah still had her dignity

emoji_u1f64a.png
Surprisingly it wasn't Touchdown
emoji_u1f64a.png

tmarques

Wait I saw this on twitter is this the real single cover?

Looks as cheap and amateurish as the album cover, why the surprise? Even the airbrushing to make her thin looks terribad. I know she's seen better days, but how much can a decent artist cost?

Me. I am

pleasantly surprised. No, it's not the strongest single, and it lacks any sense of melody or catchiness, but Mariah's guest vocals remind me of her Rainbow/Charmbracelet-era collaborations.

Looking forward to the infinitely superior rap-free remixes.

royalan

Wait

Are we listening to the same track???

Because this is a damn midtempo bass-heavy BOP. I am JAMMING on my headphones. Easily the best of the "first singles" she's put out this era.

I too was expecting pure garbage, but this is not garbage. This could be her next "Obsessed" if she actually gets off her ass and promotes.

And I agree with Leona, this definitely sounds like something that would have been on Charmbracelet.

Can't defend the rap feature though, but I LOVE Mimi's parts

3phemeral

Wait

Are we listening to the same track???

Because this is a damn midtempo bass-heavy BOP. I am JAMMING on my headphones. Easily the best of the "first singles" she's put out this era.

I too was expecting pure garbage, but this is not garbage. This could be her next "Obsessed" if she actually gets off her ass and promotes.

And I agree with Leona, this definitely sounds like something that would have been on Charmbracelet.

Can't defend the rap feature though, but I LOVE Mimi's parts

Well, at least you and TIME magazine agree:

After a few misfires, the diva nails her latest Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse cut

Mariah Carey, by now, is a musical legend with a legacy as smooth as her voice. Even so, the leadup to her 14th album, the impeccably titled Me. I Am Mariah … The Elusive Chanteuse, has been a bit bumpy. Soft-rocking Miguel duet “Beautiful” was a hit, but throwback R&B tracks “The Art of Letting Go” and “You’re Mine (Eternal),” while classicist and impressive, underperformed – though not as much as Rick Ross showcase “Triumphant (Get ‘Em),” which Mariah was barely on. The song was relegated untriumphantly to promotional-single status and dropped from the album’s lineup.

“Thirsty,” which premiered today, is almost like an attempt to fix that, to get the hip-hop-influenced track right. Producer Hit-Boy (a couple of his eponymous hits: Jay-Z and Kanye West’s “Paris,” Beyoncé’s “XO” and “Flawless”) gives Carey one of his signature beats: a minimalist synth hook that breaks into martial strings or imperial sangfroid when the mood calls for it. And this time Atlanta rapper Rich Homie Quan’s the one who gets dominated by Carey’s larger-than-life presence; he warbles Future-ish backing vocals on the hook while Carey dismisses the titular “thirsty” braggart.

The anti-scrub track is one of Mariah’s best looks – sometimes she even names names, as with Eminem on “Obsessed” – and as always, Carey makes it seem and sound utterly effortless. Listen below.

Even so. It's cute, but it's not what I was hoping for in terms of radio direction. Now, I'm not surprised at all. But it's not my thing. Maybe an HQ will budge my opinion a bit, but I don't think by much.

royalan

BOY YOU THIRST-AAAAAYYYYAYEYEYEYEYEYeyyyeyeyeyeyyYYYEYEYTEYEEYYEUEYUEYEUEYYEUEYWYTYEYETYYWUYYYUYYUEYEYYYEIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FwjQOnj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom