• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

Yes, Rihanna looks amazing. No, you cannot post the picture. Yes, you can link it with a clear NSFW warning and a label to what you're linking.

I'm pressed that the surprise iTunes release is Rih and not Taylor.

tumblr_inline_n6jz3hiN0B1qd7jvp.gif

Sis it's a Mau source. He could have been intoxicated.

Or high like a diamond in the sky

I'm perched for more pop music. Between Lana, Sia and now Rihanna, should be a solid year. Now get my Queen Christina in the mix and we're looking at a Gaga/Bey caliber year.

Touchdown

Banned
Or high like a diamond in the sky

I'm perched for more pop music. Between Lana, Sia and now Rihanna, should be a solid year. Now get my Queen Christina in the mix and we're looking at a Gaga/Bey caliber year.

I'm not here for the suicidal indie shit from Lana and Sia...but a summer with bops from Rih and Mariah on the radio? This is life.

oprah-crying.gif

Vazduh

W A I T @ the Kimbra video
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Awesome. I'm still not crazy about the song, but it actually works in the context of the video.

I'm listening to Alpines their Oasis alber.

Blind would be so good if it weren't for the chorus.
i5PgJ0qhhoBpX.gif

[edit]: And finished. Bit of a bore. Bleh. And I was really looking forward to it.

Nemesis_

Idolator have a track-by-track of the new J.Lo album. I'm surprised it hasn't leaked?

http://www.idolator.com/7520707/jen..._source=sc-tw&utm_medium=ref&utm_campaign=jlo

It’s a shame Jennifer Lopez called her 2005 LP Rebirth because the title suits this brilliantly executed urban-pop album a lot better. A.K.A. is a career-best offering that takes the ultimate triple threat full circle. The uneven dance-pop of 2011′s Love? has been replaced by a lush, R&B-centric sound that harks back to her first three albums — albeit with a very modern perspective.

J.Lo doesn’t get enough credit for helping bridge the gap between hip-hop and pop with turn-of-the-millennium gems On The 6, J.Lo and This Is Me… Then. She incorporated rap features before it was common (let alone standard) practice and sparked the trend of remixing tracks for specific radio formats. As such, it’s only fitting that the rejuvenated pop diva revisit the hybrid genre she helped create with the intention of broadening it even further by incorporating club beats and tender balladry.

The end result is an unusually ambitious and eclectic pop album that is held together by sizzling beats, surprisingly personal lyrics and Jenny’s inimitable swag. It would have been a lot easier to churn out an album full of “On The Floor” reboots but A.K.A. packs a much heavier creative punch and proves that the flawless 44-year-old is, indeed, the same girl we fell in love with all those years ago. Follow my track-by-track review after the jump.

Vazduh

Idolator have a track-by-track of the new J.Lo album. I'm surprised it hasn't leaked?

http://www.idolator.com/7520707/jen..._source=sc-tw&utm_medium=ref&utm_campaign=jlo

Sounds a bit too good to be true. However, the guy who wrote the review, Mike Wass, knows his stuff, so consider me cautiously optimistic. He used to run one of my favorite music blogs, PopTrashAddicts (if any of you have time to spare, check out some of the posts, he's often hilarious, especially when he reviews trash music).

SaintZ

Oh the Kimbra music video is pretty damn awesome. The song works better with it but I still don't like it that much.

I'm not here for the suicidal indie shit from Lana and Sia...but a summer with bops from Rih and Mariah on the radio? This is life.

oprah-crying.gif

LOL not suicidal

The two songs I've heard from Sia's upcoming slay anything I've heard on Me Mariah. Chanteuse. Am The Elusive I.

. He used to run one of my favorite music blogs, PopTrashAddicts (if any of you have time to spare, check out some of the posts, he's often hilarious, especially when he reviews trash music).

Sis this is one of the gayest blogs ever. I lahv it *.*
But god I clicked his Twitter, scrolled down and suddenly full-on nude woman doing a pose that meant you saw e-very-thing! What a mess.

JLo's album hasn't leaked because no-one is really checking for her. I Luh Ya Papi was horrendous and the vid was similarly DEBAUCHED and IMMORAL. And now the poor sis is apparently going head-to-head with Rihanna and she doesn't even know it yet, poor ha. Oh well, apparently she has a couple of gay bangers in Booty and Tens so it should be entertaining.

Vazduh

Could have done without the movie scenes, but I like it.

The song sounds better, if that was even possible.

I felt the same about the video, it could have done without the movie scenes. The song is lovely, though, I'm glad it'll also serve as Charli XCX's single for her upcoming album.

Sis this is one of the gayest blogs ever. I lahv it *.*
But god I clicked his Twitter, scrolled down and suddenly full-on nude woman doing a pose that meant you saw e-very-thing! What a mess.

Oh, dear, I just saw that photo. My eyes ;__;

I scrolled down through his tweets and stumbled upon this one, lmao

BfX2mdzCQAAw6yR.jpg

Now, I wasn't fond of that song either, but the tweet was rude, indeed :D

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
in today's sun there was a spread that was comparing FIRO's recent fashion masterpieces with amazonian tropical treefrogs

it was all kinds of
717164946_zps062edc97.png

Wait.

This is like, ACTUALLY a bop.

Not like "funny funny haha drag queen" not-really-a-bop bop.

But like...actually a good song.

This is fucking good.

Work Adore!

She's the closest thing we have to an actually talented drag pop star. She betta goddamn werk.

Majmun

That Rihanna dress...
She looks like a goddess, even with those flabby asymmetric boobs

I'm ready to stan for her new album.

Natalia Kills - Trouble is officially dope in my book!

Dope Tracks:

Television - "This ain't fucking Jerry Springer"
Problem - "...and we ain't even at the beach; even at the beach"
Stop Me - "I put my high heels on so I'm closer to GOD"
Boys Don't Cry
Saturday Night
Devils Don't Fly - "I've got chains, and you've got wings"
Outta Time
Controversy - "DON'T DRINK THE COOL-AID!!"
Rabbit Hole - "fuck hard, howl at the moon like an animal"
Watching You - "Out of all the stupid boys I knew, I had to fall for YOU"
Trouble

It's an extremely cohesive album. The album title sums out the theme of the album, WHICH IS GREAT! Much respect to Natalia Kills!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom