• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

I'll be a thorn on your side
Til' you die
I'll be a thorn on your side
For always
If we sink
We lift our love

OMG!! What kind of perfecto song?!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Entertainment Weekly said:
The songwriting is lazy ("I feel good," she coos, "'cause I don't feel bad." Logic!). The double entendres don't make sense (is "Troubeaux" what they call trouble in Bordeaux?). And the guest stars, including Nas, Rick Ross, and Iggy Azalea, are so much more engaging than their hostess that Lopez sounds like she's been relegated to playing the hook girl on her own album.
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif

ultraviolence is already aoty. my favourite tracks so far are ultraviolence, brooklyn baby, sad girl and old money. but if it's anything like born to die, i'm going to go through a phase where every track is my favourite at some point. A++ 10/10. best e3 ever.
pre-order splatoon today

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
ultraviolence is already aoty. my favourite tracks so far are ultraviolence, brooklyn baby, sad girl and old money. but if it's anything like born to die, i'm going to go through a phase where every track is my favourite at some point. A++ 10/10. best e3 ever.
pre-order splatoon today

The album is jusT
iwulZ35cfHacN.gif

EDIT: Just heard Flipside. That slayage should have been on the album :jonny: Is This Happiness too.
iwulZ35cfHacN.gif

Album: Ultraviolence
#1 Azerbaijan
#1 Belize
#1 Czech Republic
#1 Denmark
#1 Finland
#1 Ireland
#1 Macau
#1 Netherlands
#1 Slovakia
#1 Slovenia
#1 Turkmenistan
#2 Austria
#2 Germany
#2 New Zealand
#2 Oman
#2 Slovakia
#2 South Africa
#2 Sweden
#2 Switzerland
#3 Australia
#3 Russia
#3 Turkey
#4 United States
#4 Honduras
#4 Kazakhstan
#4 Lebanon
#4 Paraguay
#5 Canada
#5 Czech Republic
#5 Dominican Republic
#6 France
#6 Latvia
#6 Singapore
#7 Brazil
#7 Mexico
#7 Spain
#7 Ukraine
#8 El Salvador
#9 Antigua and Barbuda
#9 Belize
#9 Malaysia
#10 Estonia
#10 Hong Kong
#10 Italy
#10 Vietnam
#11 Poland
#12 Luxembourg
#12 Norway
#13 Argentina
#14 Armenia
#14 Namibia
#14 Taiwan
#16 Brunei Darussalam
#17 Jordan
#18 Bulgaria
#18 Hungary
#18 Portugal
#18 Saint Kitts and Nevis
#19 Dominica
#19 Sweden
#21 Chile
#21 Colombia
#21 Ecuador
#22 Israel
#23 Trinidad and Tobago
#24 United Kingdom
#24 Australia
#24 Belarus
#25 Belgium
#26 Belarus
#26 South Africa
#27 Greece
#27 Portugal
#28 Ireland
#30 Mongolia
#34 New Zealand
#37 Egypt
#37 Indonesia
#38 India
#38 Romania
#39 Malta
#41 Costa Rica
#41 Malta
#42 Estonia
#47 United Arab Emirates
#53 Cyprus
#57 Denmark
#57 Latvia
#57 Peru
#61 Saudi Arabia
#65 Bermuda
#71 Nigeria
#72 Bahrain
#77 Thailand
#84 Qatar
#91 Honduras
#96 Lithuania
#104 Moldova
#114 Lithuania
#115 Saudi Arabia
#119 Netherlands
#120 Egypt
#131 Venezuela
#135 Philippines
#139 France
#141 Romania
#147 Russia
#151 Sri Lanka
#155 United Kingdom
#156 Panama
#165 Guatemala
#167 Nicaragua
#169 Greece
#228 Cambodia
#234 The Bahamas
#393 Japan

Majmun

I'm trying to love Ultraviolence, but it just won't click with me. There are way too many tracks that I want to skip immediately. It's just boring.

Shades of Cool, Brooklyn Baby, and West Coast are the best songs on Ultraviolence. Bless ha for putting those 3 tracks right beside each other cause the rest ranges from bad to decent.

Oh, Cruel World is nice too, I guess.

NinjaBoiX

NinjaBoiX

Metacritic is fairly useful for games, as it's just an aggregate for the scores received anyway.

But I don't get it with anything else. Who decides what score each review is worth? They don't usually get a score as such, I don't get it.

Metacritic is fairly useful for games, as it's just an aggregate for the scores received anyway.

But I don't get it with anything else. Who decides what score each review is worth? They don't usually get a score as such, I don't get it.

Who even knows. I'm assuming that somebody at Metacritic just summons a number out of thin air based on the tone of the review or something. Some music reviews do have scores but I honestly find the line of logic between the text and the score baffling, because there's no real justification. Moreover, given that there's more subjectivity with music, scores are often wider-ranging than with games where you often have objective criteria that can serve as a baseline. Some music reviews just degenerate into criticisms of the artist rather than the art as well, which can make the score lower for no actual reason.

For music, Metacritic is only really good if you want to state something is 'critically-acclaimed' in a stan war in the same way that you use sales to say 'chart-smashing' or whatever (or at the very least, 'my fave is better than your fave and my delusions have basis in reality' lol).

important edit: Jesus Ware teased her upcoming single!! Our bussies are not ready.

:ahhh: I so can't wait. I made a list and if everyone releases this year that's supposed to and they're all solid I'll have seventeen candidates for AOTY ;_; I've already jettisoned one lol
Why did everyone's schedules have to match up in a manner that's so expensive for me?
52b0f867.gif

The more I listen to Ultraviolence the more I think I prefer it to Born to Die. Vocally and thematically it works for me, and I find it all so much more romantic (in the artistic sense) and evocative. There are some duds, but there were duds on BTD as well. Paradise is still the best, but that's an EP so it doesn't count.

Oh, fuck off, you have to buy the entire Fault in Our Stars soundtrack to get Boom Clap or wait until 20th July? I hate how single releases in the UK seem to work.

Vitanimus

The more I listen to Ultraviolence the more I think I prefer it to Born to Die. Vocally and thematically it works for me, and I find it all so much more romantic (in the artistic sense) and evocative. There are some duds, but there were duds on BTD as well. Paradise is still the best, but that's an EP so it doesn't count.

Oh, fuck off, you have to buy the entire Fault in Our Stars soundtrack to get Boom Clap or wait until 20th July? I hate how single releases in the UK seem to work.

I totally thought Paradise was super boring outside of Ride, American and Cola. Everything else just felt like 100% BTD outtakes.

I totally thought Paradise was super boring outside of Ride, American and Cola. Everything else just felt like 100% BTD outtakes.

Really? I loved how it felt completely fresh, and it's so lovely to listen to. The themes and lyrics are in the same vein, but UV proves that LDR will be recycling that sort of thing until the end of time, only with stronger writing. There's a quirk to BTD's sound that really grates after a while that wasn't there in Paradise's production. Maybe because Paradise is more acoustic? Idk. Bel Air is gorgeous and will probably always be my favourite Lana song.
so piss off you wanker, go play Destiny, it's the only good thing your PSBore will have for a loooong timel

More 'big' artists should try doing EPs. Paradise and The Fame Monster are my favourites of their respective artists. Then again, idk, they're not even EPs, lol, eight track behemoths. They're in the weird mini-album section. Do It Again is about the same length-wise as well, if not track number wise.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Are my english sistren also getting this storm? Most intense shit I have ever witnessed, never seen lightning like it in this country

Some rain a few hours ago, but it was nothing out of the ordinary. Midlands. It seems that it always rains after sunny days. I love the rain, I would hate to live in a country without it. Or maybe it's Stockholm Syndrome. Idk.

Apparently QUEEN OF IRELAND Roisin Murphy is back in the studio!? She released that Italian language EP recently but I didn't realise she was doing an album too. Make that eighteen potential albums this year, although I'm hoping she can wait until 2015 at this point. Robyn + Roisin for 2015 domination pls. (I'm happy to have connected with someone from the Emerald Isle for the sake of my heritage, even if it's not my Grandad's fave Enya)

Also some hew named Marina Diamandis, I thought she'd given up

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i love rain too. summer rain at least. the kind you kind of enjoy getting caught out in.

it's too stuffy tonight by far :((

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Had constant thunder and some maja lightning for the last hour, like a random twenty minute monsoon then completely nothing since
I have summer ball tomorrow too, not here for it being a muddy mess

Vitanimus

Had constant thunder and some maja lightning for the last hour, like a random twenty minute monsoon then completely nothing since
I have summer ball tomorrow too, not here for it being a muddy mess

I didn't get a summer ball thing because I wasn't in Uni halls, mess

have fun tho

Matt_

I didn't get a summer ball thing because I wasn't in Uni halls, mess

have fun tho

what kind of discrimination. anyone can go to ours
Katy B shall slay
the small crowd she performs to as everyone will be watching the football on another screen

Mau ®

It's been disgustingly hot here.

Gonna get fucked up tonight due to our Netherlands defeat in Brazil. Only way to celebrate a defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom