• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Fifth Harmony's new BOP is here "BO$$"

http://www.mtv.com/artists/fifth-harmony/

Click to play.

SLAY!

I dont know how I feel about this
03102c4e.gif

Edit: on second listen this is not 4 me, shame

I'll stick to Korean girl groups. That song was garbagé. But I suppose it'll be the bop of choice for every tasteless Twitter stan and Vine user this summer/winter

tumblr_inline_mo11y8J0pk1qz4rgp.gif

I dont know how I feel about this
03102c4e.gif

Edit: on second listen this is not 4 me, shame

I'll stick to Korean girl groups. That song was garbagé. But I suppose it'll be the bop of choice for every tasteless Twitter stan and Vine user this summer/winter

Thought it'd be nice from the snippets, but it's actually kinda bad.
You poor germs were actually perched for this?

I thought we all collectively agreed that Little Mix was the one and only true scion of the girl group legacy.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You poor germs were actually perched for this?

I thought we all collectively agreed that Little Mix was the one and only true scion of the girl group legacy.

I wasn't perched. I was simply classy enough to listen to it since someone bothered to link it.

Vazduh

Amelia Lily is coming back. Remember that girl?

Amelia-Lily-Warner-300x300.png

She had a few good singles:

Amelia Lily - You Bring Me Joy
Amelia Lily - Party Over (this one's my fave)

But then she flopped and her record written by Xenomania was scrapped and she got dropped by her label. She signed with Warner Records and is releasing her first single California this month.

Source

Fifth Harmony's new BOP is here "BO$$"

http://www.mtv.com/artists/fifth-harmony/

Click to play.

SLAY!

Melody and beat-wise, I like it, but there's something about the chorus that just irks me. Maybe it's the fact that the chorus is basically Michelle Obama and Oprah's names, and that's it? I still think that the music video will be worth the wait, so I'm looking forward to that.

Speaking of K-pop, I think I have two new guilty pleasures ;_;

FIESTAR - One More (a shameless ripoff of Jamelia's hit Superstar)
Hyomin - Nice Body (aka the Korean Miley Cyrus)

Lawd help me.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Fifth Harmony spent months hyping up THAT!? Why bother. Sounds like an unfinished demo. Did they forget to add bits to the production and a second bit to the chorus?
iPkuDazhu2FCa.gif
iPkuDazhu2FCa.gif
iPkuDazhu2FCa.gif

Mau ®

Ariana has won over me big time.

Her new music is a bop. She still sounds like Mariah but with good music! Something moo never had lol lol lol

Also, there's a strange part of me that would like to get her pregnant. Kinda like how I feel about Selena Gomez too. Eh.

ph34r.png

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
None of these boys can dance
Not a single one of dem stand a chance
All of dem girls a mess
I've seen it all before, I'm not impressed

None of dem get my sex
None of dem move my intellect
None of dem work for me
None of dem make me feel anything

This production I cannot
giphy.gif

Mau ®;119762948 said:
Ariana has won over me big time.

Her new music is a bop. She still sounds like Mariah but with good music! Something moo never had lol lol lol

Also, there's a strange part of me that would like to get her pregnant. Kinda like how I feel about Selena Gomez too. Eh.

ph34r.png

...love yourself, Mau.

Vazduh

Jay Z is always awkwardly styled, like nothing ever looks good on him. It's odd.

He's just not... good looking ;_;

This production I cannot
giphy.gif

Royksopp are geniuses.

C O O L by Le Youth is pretty good isn't it, props to whoever added it to the playlist

That was my jam last summer. Glad you discovered it through the POPGAF playlist
, although whoever added it kind of broke the playlist rule, since the song was released over a year ago :eek:

Always loved that song, especially the instrumental during the last 30 seconds. Should have been huge.

Oh well

amerie.gif

Ah, the memories :eek:

Who's My Bitch was my guilty pleasure, it's such a silly song.

The Robin Antin-girlband torch was recently passed to GRL, maybe they'll have some success since Dr. Luke is behind them.

I finished listening to Talk That Talk and it's much better than Unapologetic. The first half of the album is really strong and there's only a few songs near the end that didn't impress me.

Mau ®;119762948 said:

b3d79dc8.gif
b3d79dc8.gif
b3d79dc8.gif

All the Sugababes love has made me revisit some of their old singles. Major nostalgia trip. It's funny, they seemed to spring out of nowhere in 2.0 with Freak Like Me (I can't remember ever hearing Overload on the radio tbh, poor Siobhan) and then as soon as Mutya was replaced with Amelle they became far less ubiquitous. Mutya had a very interesting voice that added a lot of character, and I guess Keisha did too.

I used to own Angels With Dirty Faces, Three and Taller in More Ways (superior Mutya version) but idk where they are :( I probably gave them away during my indie phase, smh. Push the Button, Round Round, Stronger, Angels With Dirty Faces and Freak Like Me are still golden.

(bye at MKS flatlining, such a shame. It would be nice for them to regain the Sugababes name and try and restart the hype machine)

And the messiah Rynsus needs to release effervescent summer bop OctaHate for purchase already. Chorus of the summer tbh
25793bfd.gif

She's also a tru queen who already has the pressedT trying to discredit her. Her impact.

Grizzo

Ah, the memories :eek:

Who's My Bitch was my guilty pleasure, it's such a silly song.

The Robin Antin-girlband torch was recently passed to GRL, maybe they'll have some success since Dr. Luke is behind them.

Haha oh I remember Who's My Bitch, that's one of the worst pop song I've ever heard in my entire life!

I'm not really feeling the love for GRL for now, though Ugly Heart is nice, I guess. I might have to give them another chance.

And the messiah Rynsus needs to release effervescent summer bop OctaHate for purchase already. Chorus of the summer tbh
25793bfd.gif

She's also a tru queen who already has the pressedT trying to discredit her. Her impact.

And it was written by our queen Charli XCX!

royalan

I actually really liked Primadonna. Hated it at first (thought it was too Katy Perry-ish), but I warmed up to and eventually started stanning it.

But then I listened to the album and didn't like anything else...

Vazduh

I actually really liked Primadonna. Hated it at first (thought it was too Katy Perry-ish), but I warmed up to and eventually started stanning it.

But then I listened to the album and didn't like anything else...

I'm with you, actually. I loved Primadonna, Radioactive... and that was it. Maybe I should give it another chance?

Haha oh I remember Who's My Bitch, that's one of the worst pop song I've ever heard in my entire life!

I'm not really feeling the love for GRL for now, though Ugly Heart is nice, I guess. I might have to give them another chance.

Who's My Bitch is such a funny song, I used to annoy my friends with it. It's always good for a laugh, mostly because of the lyrics.

GRL are yet to prove themselves, since these few singles have underperformed tremendously, although you never know with Dr. Luke, maybe he'll write them a smash eventually. I hated Vacation, but Show Me What You Got is a bubbly, guilty pleasure, just like Ugly Heart.

(bye at MKS flatlining, such a shame. It would be nice for them to regain the Sugababes name and try and restart the hype machine)

The sad thing about MKS is the fact that the momentum has gone. They need a smash single, but who knows if it will ever get happen since their label isn't doing anything, obviously. I hope they get to release something soon, it's the closest we'll get to another Sugababes album.

a6kWKj5.jpg

Btw, I saw you listened to the standard edition of Warrior, slé.
i4cvBQL.gif
Check out the Deluxe tracks for additional slayage:

Last Goodbye (my fave track off the entire album and by far my favorite Ke$ha song)
Gold Trans Am
Out Alive
Past Lives

Zutroy

All the Sugababes love has made me revisit some of their old singles. Major nostalgia trip. It's funny, they seemed to spring out of nowhere in 2.0 with Freak Like Me (I can't remember ever hearing Overload on the radio tbh, poor Siobhan) and then as soon as Mutya was replaced with Amelle they became far less ubiquitous. Mutya had a very interesting voice that added a lot of character, and I guess Keisha did too.

I used to own Angels With Dirty Faces, Three and Taller in More Ways (superior Mutya version) but idk where they are :( I probably gave them away during my indie phase, smh. Push the Button, Round Round, Stronger, Angels With Dirty Faces and Freak Like Me are still golden.

I think even after Mutya left they still did alright (got two number ones) and had some good songs. It's when Keisha left that it all went downhill.

Line up two were them at their best. I consider Mutya, Keisha and Heidi to be the real Sugababes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom