• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitanimus

So obviously I'm drunk again and I was a pub quiz and there was musical bingo and the last track I needed to play was Oops! I Did It Again to play and didn't and I'm disappointed my faith wasn't returned... Let me revoke my Britney stan card

canocha

Rock in Rio in 2010 was her "breakout" moment as a performer.

Hopefully the Portugal magic brings out something in her again, because she's become quite lazy with her stagecraft lately.

It's a 90m concert (in an open air arena just like Rock in Rio)... i really hope she nails that shit!

Nemesis_

I don't have classes anymore this week so I might be able to participate this time. I promised Icicle I would listen to "janice." so many months, maybe even years ago and still haven't so maybe I'll make up for it by listening to Velvet Rope instead.

I doubt I'll like it though for some reason but I'm up for new things xoxoxo

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I don't have classes anymore this week so I might be able to participate this time. I promised Icicle I would listen to "janice." so many months, maybe even years ago and still haven't so maybe I'll make up for it by listening to Velvet Rope instead.

I doubt I'll like it though for some reason but I'm up for new things xoxoxo

Update the OT Thread XOXO

Bladenic

Speaking of Janet

So intoxicated
I'm so stimulated
Feel so X-rated
I could dance all night

As long as it's funky
This rhythm just makes me high
I'm like a junkie
I could dance all night

Bop.

Its so amazing how something so sweet
Has come and rearranged my life
I've been kissed by destiny
Oh, heaven came and saved me
An angel was placed at my feet
This isn't ordinary, he's loving me for me

Stripped of all make up, no need for fancy clothes
No cover-ups, push-ups
With him, I don't have to put on a show
He loves every freckle, every curve, every inch of my skin
Fulfilling me entirely, taking all of me in
He's real, he's honest, he's loving me for me
Yeah

Xtina-cry.gif

Bladenic

Money is the anthem
Of success
So before we go out
What's your address?

I'm your National Anthem
God, you're so handsome
Take me to the Hamptons
Bugatti Veyron

Happy 4th!

royalan

Fuck you HBO

Haunted is one of my least favorite songs from the album, but fuck if Beyonce's tour performance of it didn't slay me. Her diva really is just effortless when she's on stage. They apply a lot of special effects to the performance, but really her slaying in front of the mic with that gown and the dancers in the back was still everything. This is what she should have performed at the Grammys instead of fucking Drunkin Flop.

Yado

Fuck you HBO

Haunted is one of my least favorite songs from the album, but fuck if Beyonce's tour performance of it didn't slay me. Her diva really is just effortless when she's on stage. They apply a lot of special effects to the performance, but really her slaying in front of the mic with that gown and the dancers in the back was still everything. This is what she should have performed at the Grammys instead of fucking Drunkin Flop.

Quoting this for posterity.

ipbwpefVcH6vk.gif

Fuck you HBO

There may be hope for you yet, Roy.

Fuck you HBO

Video should've come with a seizure warning.

I'm so proud of myself. I've successfully avoided any spoilers from the On the Run tour. Hopefully there's a surprise or two on Friday, so excited squeee

Maybe one day Xtina will decide to tour again so you can see your fave?
nah

Grizzo

The song is really good, I think you'll like it, especially since you like Bridges.

I wonder whether Capitol Records will manage to push them to success like Universal pushed Lorde. They have the right producer behind them (Joel Little), they just need a bigger song.”

You were right, I love it already :D

Hoping they get some success pretty soon

Nice selection. I'm not that familiar with Jojo's old stuff aside from the singles (Too Little Too Late is still awesome), but I love Agápē (Billions is everything) and #LoveJo, and I'm also looking forward to her third studio album. She's been through a lot, and she deserves all the success she can get.

You should listen to JoJo's 2nd album, The High Road! Too Little Too Late is a classic pop single imo, but the album is less "poppy" and full of great R&B songs. I feel like she came way harder than her first album (which I loved) on this one, and worked with top notch producers (Scott Storch, Swizz Beatz, Ryan Leslie, Soulshock & Karlin...). Try Coming For You, This Time and Like That. These are my personal pick.

Btw, what is your favorite Sugababes incarnation? 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 or... gulp... 4.0?

2.0 is my definite answer. Although 3.0 was pretty great too, I mean Catfights & Spotlights is a very good album. My fav album from them is Three. High quality brit pop.

I'm really bummed that MKS doesn't seem to be going anywhere :( I was hyped for their comeback, and Flatlines was a good song.

..............and let's just not talk about 4.0 and that awful Sour 7 album. Blechhhhh.

The Flop

Banned
A few things divas...

I can't at the album preview for SIA's new album. Elastic Heart, Big Girls Cry, Chandelier, and Eye of the Needle slay me.

Also my divas in training (Fifth Harmony) going hard at that summer promo with BO$$ premiering tomorrow night

It's Turtle time.... guyrls!

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I think that Kiesza girl is going to smash. She's rising on iTunes.

YES!!! And I am HERE for it

"The Fame" maybe have been mediocre as an album with only 4 useable songs, but not since Gaga has someone so quickly become one of my top faves with only 2 singles like Kiesza did with her one/two punch of Hideaway and Giant in my Heart

Also she's Canadian. You're welcome ;) - from Canada
canada-flag-68.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
YES!!! And I am HERE for it

"The Fame" maybe have been mediocre as an album with only 4 useable songs, but not since Gaga has someone so quickly become one of my top faves with only 2 singles like Kiesza did with her one/two punch of Hideaway and Giant in my Heart

Also she's Canadian. You're welcome ;) - from Canada
canada-flag-68.gif

and she already has a video pandering to the LGBT community

IgIqJUp.gif

Where are you, my long lost love?
It feels like yesterday has parted
I held you closest to my thrusting heart
Now the withdrawal seems to be starting

You’re not like anyone I’ve known
With you, I flourish into greatness
Extend my arms into immense delight
Making my future vast and weightless

IgIqJUp.gif

Where are you, my partisan?
The last I saw of you was sinking
Into a giant hole of nothingness
As my desire started shrinking

Or if I choose to take you back
If I stand up for my believing (if you can steal me while I laugh)
Can we make up for all the joy we lack? (it was the motion you were breaking)
Can we start giving and receiving? (what is the purpose of me giving?)

3phemeral

Fuck you HBO

iblQw2R7Idz982.gif

Get into this iconic bop:
Moko - Your Love
From the Gold EP which will release on the 24th of August.

Queen Tinashe has collabed with Stuart Matthewman from Sade. Your faves are not ready for the wig snatching of the century. (She's also worked with Dev Hynes, this is going to be so good)

La Roux review from Digital Spy. 4.5/5 stars, pretty good (from a reviewer who can't spell Sexotheque :rip:).
Whereas La Roux was a tinny, hard-edged listen at times - compressed and condensed, synths fizzing into one another and Jackson's shrill pierce of a vocal - Trouble In Paradise is warm, immersive and made from a much broader sonic palette.
Just a reminder that I could've had this album in two days until the bitch pushed it back two weeks.
ed2305b7.png

Yado

Moko - Your Love

Queen Tinashe has collabed with Stuart Matthewman from Sade. Your faves are not ready for the wig snatching of the century. (She's also worked with Dev Hynes, this is going to be so good)

La Roux review from Digital Spy. 4.5/5 stars, pretty good (from a reviewer who can't spell Sexotheque :rip:).

Just a reminder that I could've had this album in two days until the bitch pushed it back two weeks.
ed2305b7.png

wait
this Moko song
ibgPoVxSqvAvBW.gif

What a cute 90s-esque bop. I'll have to keep an eye out for her.

Azealia this could have been your sound you stupid, stupid bitch
ed2305b7.png

Chart News @chartnews · Jul 2
US top-selling albums of 2014:
#1 Frozen Soundtrack 2,696,000
#2 Beyoncé 702,000
#3 The Outsiders 642,000.
#4 Pure Heroine 641,000
#5 Ghost Stories 589,000
#6 Now 49 482,000
#7 Crash My Party 455,000.
#8 PRISM 453,000
#9 Now 50 452,000
#10 G I R L 452,000.

Is your fave selling?
iDUU2oh1UYuCz.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'd be happy for Black Widow to smash

Vitanimus

Chart News @chartnews · Jul 2
US top-selling albums of 2014:
#1 Frozen Soundtrack 2,696,000
#2 Beyoncé 702,000
#3 The Outsiders 642,000.
#4 Pure Heroine 641,000
#5 Ghost Stories 589,000
#6 Now 49 482,000
#7 Crash My Party 455,000.
#8 PRISM 453,000
#9 Now 50 452,000
#10 G I R L 452,000.

Is your fave selling?
iDUU2oh1UYuCz.gif

Lorde
67d90ee8.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
If frozen ends up as the top selling album of the year
jbp6t5NDPGvrw7.png

The dire state of music tbh

wait
this Moko song
ibgPoVxSqvAvBW.gif

What a cute 90s-esque bop. I'll have to keep an eye out for her.

She already has an EP out, if you want to hear more. I love her voice, and her look is everything.

#2 Beyoncé 702,000

"Bubububu she has no hit single"
She really doesn't need one. At this point who would be buying the singles when they already have the entire album, aside from deluded members of the Hive?
#surfboarT #flawless #iwokeuplikethis #watermelon #thisass #monicalewinsky #jenesaisquoi #turnthatcherryout #bowdownbitches

(Manure Heroine, Ghost Snories and N O P E
2095c354.gif
2095c354.gif
2095c354.gif
)

Hot off the YouTube:
Laura Welsh - Break the Fall

I heard about this girl when her song Cold Front played in a sex scene on Grey's Anatomy and I thought it was amazing, and I like this song too.

Its so amazing how something so sweet
Has come and rearranged my life
I've been kissed by destiny
Oh, heaven came and saved me
An angel was placed at my feet
This isn't ordinary, he's loving me for me

Stripped of all make up, no need for fancy clothes
No cover-ups, push-ups
With him, I don't have to put on a show
He loves every freckle, every curve, every inch of my skin
Fulfilling me entirely, taking all of me in
He's real, he's honest, he's loving me for me
Yeah

Xtina-cry.gif

One of my favourite songs ever!

Vazduh

You should listen to JoJo's 2nd album, The High Road! Too Little Too Late is a classic pop single imo, but the album is less "poppy" and full of great R&B songs. I feel like she came way harder than her first album (which I loved) on this one, and worked with top notch producers (Scott Storch, Swizz Beatz, Ryan Leslie, Soulshock & Karlin...). Try Coming For You, This Time and Like That. These are my personal pick.

Let me answer my
hot
French twin's post! :D

I'll give the album a listen, thanks for the recommendation! I can't promise I'll like it (I hope I will), though I'm sure I'll enjoy her vocals. She's always been a powerhouse vocalist and I'm looking forward to the new tunes she's been recording.

2.0 is my definite answer. Although 3.0 was pretty great too, I mean Catfights & Spotlights is a very good album. My fav album from them is Three. High quality brit pop.

I'm really bummed that MKS doesn't seem to be going anywhere :( I was hyped for their comeback, and Flatlines was a good song.

..............and let's just not talk about 4.0 and that awful Sour 7 album. Blechhhhh.

The saddest thing about the MKS comeback is the fact that the album has been finished for almost a year. I bet the label made them record some new song, since they're seemingly always in the studio, but we'll see. Hopefully soon, because this situation is just ridiculous.

2.0 was my favorite Sugababes incarnation, too! I still remember when they dropped Freak Like Me, which was a massive departure from the first album sound, and a good one at that. That was a memorable moment in pop music. Alongside Overload, it's my favorite song of theirs.

Btw, I've never listened to their albums in full, with the exception of "Catfights & Spotlights" (I often come back to No Can Do, which is a great pop song IMO). Since I'm more of a casual fan, I mostly listen to their incredible Singles Collection.

Trivia: Linda Perry was accused of plagiarism because the song she wrote for Xtina's album Stripped, Make Over, sounded suspiciously similar to Sugababes' Overload.

Moko - Your Love

This is great, it's a bop!

F1gKVMB.gif

So I have finally punched my stan card for Sinead Harnett. I can't do it anymore... Every single track she is on just leaves me dying with thirst.

It started with Boiling

And what's in your head

When I first discovered her

And then the bops were non stop from there.

Got me

Small +Lost

Baby with my future baby daddy MNEK

Hide

And now her own stuff which I have on repeat for the last 3 weeks

No Other Way

I'm officially stanning. Done.

I bookmarked this post a few weeks ago and I just remembered to give these songs a listen. Hope you guys don't pay dust to it again, the post is like a bop central! Aya, thanks for posting this! I'm listening to some of these songs and so far they're all very good.

For those of you who fell asleep on the Iggy bandwagon and missed the final stop and are now searching the depot for scraps and sustenance, she performed Black Widow with Rita. It is presumably the next single.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO8Kke2Uwbg

Jesus, that guy who recorded the video was obviously into the performance, but he shouldn't have singed along while he was recording.

AR1aZzU.gif

Singed. My ears were bleeding the entire time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom