• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzo

I made myself a new LastFM account (and I imported my iTunes history from my old computer), in case any of you would like to add me!

The sad thing about MKS is the fact that the momentum has gone. They need a smash single, but who knows if it will ever get happen since their label isn't doing anything, obviously. I hope they get to release something soon, it's the closest we'll get to another Sugababes album.

a6kWKj5.jpg

I believe in them! This album is gonna be released this year, I can feel it!

The change was obvious
So miscellaneous
We used to live it up
Remember baby
We're like a pack of cards
The king and queen of hearts
All fall down

Stay gone
Darling, I won't hang on
I can feel a flatline
That ought to be a wave
Oh no
Darling, I can't hang on
I can feel a flatline
That ought to be a wave

iDC99C4N56aWI.gif

These HARMONIES
This song is absolutely magnificent.
I don't give a shit about anyone else who's been given the runaround by a record label (aside from Imogen but she's so rich she can just release it herself), but I need this album ASAP
I've been reading interviews from late last year when they were still under the impression that we would have the album by the end of Q2 :rip: They even thought that the second single would've premiered by Christmas 2013. Sigh.

The 'behind the scenes' stuff is obviously the label trying to ensure that they do have a hit single and to make the most of all the work they've done with Sia, Dev Hynes etc. which is all very much on-trend but idk. 2014 is a terrible year for any artist trying to establish and what with Taylord, Rihsus, Her Madgesty and Adole looming over Q4 there isn't going to be a realistically 'perfect' timing to relaunch a comeback and get a #1.

Music politics are so upsetting
I bet even Say Lou Lou will release their album before MKS :rip:

Btw, I saw you listened to the standard edition of Warrior, slé.
i4cvBQL.gif
Check out the Deluxe tracks for additional slayage:

Last Goodbye (my fave track off the entire album and by far my favorite Ke$ha song)
Gold Trans Am
Out Alive
Past Lives

Ooh, these are good. End me Kesha Rose. I hate the moneygrubbing bastard who pioneered the 'Deluxe Edition' as a thing, stealing all the songs from the poor. Gonna have to mop these up on iTunes. Past Lives, especially... I need Lipsha. Is that still happening?
What kind of last.fm stalkerness? :p

I know we don't like to talk about girls who can actually sing here but Take Me Home by JoJo just came on and damn...
iDPZPMWPGTMEx.gif

iTedS5OnaWQ8l.gif

i3McG0V9bn35J.gif

ibhxhjHQ7LOYqg.GIF

iKabIh0lvTODM.gif

It's a damn shame that her free shit is heaps better than the albums
that haven't managed to be the best selling, non soundtrack album
of 2014 thus far. I will blindly buy whatever she releases after Agape and #LOVEJOJO. Hope whatever record company she's signed to doesn't water her sound down to sell records.

I'm also LTTP on this track, which I have proceeded to wear the [e f f
e
] out.

Grizzo

I know we don't like to talk about girls who can actually sing here but Take Me Home by JoJo just came on and damn...

of 2014 thus far. I will blindly buy whatever she releases after Agape and #LOVEJOJO. Hope whatever record company she's signed to doesn't water her sound down to sell records.

She's fantastic

We Get byyyyyyyy is everything.

I'm sure her third album won't disappoint.

Vazduh

I bet even Say Lou Lou will release their album before MKS :rip:

That will probably happen ;_;

Ooh, these are good. End me Kesha Rose. I hate the moneygrubbing bastard who pioneered the 'Deluxe Edition' as a thing, stealing all the songs from the poor. Gonna have to mop these up on iTunes. Past Lives, especially... I need Lipsha. Is that still happening?
What kind of last.fm stalkerness? :p

Deluxe edition of Warrior reminds me of Bionic, where the superior tracks were also relegated to the Deluxe edition. Money grubbing bastards indeed.

I occasionally check out my friends' profiles, that's what last.fm is for
i4cvBQL.gif

Lip$$ha is indeed coming... soon-ish. Hopefully :)

The same guys who produced #LoveJo are working on her third album, so I think it's bound to be at least solid.

Her vocals will be off the charts, that's for sure. Just check out this recent clip where she did a vocal warm up (especially the part at 1:40). She just makes it look so easy!

royalan

Beyonslay approacheth chirren. Hold thy wigs!

I'm reluctantly perched.

UGH @ this TROLLOP Bey! She's KNOWS I'm dedicated to my Sunday HBO shows! She did this shit on purpose.

EDIT: Welp, that was a whole lot of not-singing and boring choreo.

God, she really needs to let 4 Era DIE already.

B-Dex

Bangerz tour was on NBC tonight. Slay me Miley. I was entertained the whole time.

And not NBC being better at editing a tour than HBO.

So I was in a club yesterday and Come and get it from Selena Gomez came on and....it fucking slays...?!?

I distinctly remember it being thoroughly mediocre. When did that change?!

DMeisterJ

Banned
So I was in a club yesterday and Come and get it from Selena Gomez came on and....it fucking slays...?!?

I distinctly remember it being thoroughly mediocre. When did that change?!

Stargate and Ester Dean delivered a life-giving BOP with CAGI. It's never been mediocre, you just paid it dust cause it was from Selener. But yes, CAGI is perfectly amazing and still slays a year later.

Vazduh

For me the only thing that's stopping "Come and Get It" from being a truly great bop is the breakdown where Selena wails "this love will be the death of me". I don't know whether it's her delivery or something else, but that's the part where the song loses steam. It's a fun song otherwise, and it's one of many tunes that prove how good Ester Dean is at delivering hooks.

Speaking of Ester and Stargate, here's a great article that describes how they come up with bops for Rihanna and other artists. It's a lengthy yet worthwhile read.

For those who appreciate K-pop songs, here's an insanely catchy one I've been obsessed with today:

f(x) - Butterfly

It was written and produced by Thomas Troelsen, who wrote numerous great pop songs (I mentioned him recently here on POPGAF). I only wish he gave this song to a Western act, because it would have sounded great in English, but since K-pop is his bread and butter nowadays, that won't happen. Oh well.

Co-produced. Sounds more like (writer/co-composer/producer) Kenzie's usual style.

Yeah, just checked that out. Co-produced. I'm surprised they didn't use any of his contributions as a promotional track though, seemed like they made it a big deal when they got him to work with SNSD.

Vitanimus

Your flirt finds me out
Teases the crack in me
Smittens me with hope

Possibly maybe, possibly maybe, possibly maybe

As much as I definitely enjoy solitude
I wouldn't mind perhaps
Spending little time with you
Sometimes, sometimes

Possibly maybe probably love

Uncertainty excites me
Baby
Who knows what's going to happen?
Lottery or car crash
Or you'll join a cult

Probably maybe, possibly love
This is probably maybe, possibly love
Possibly

Mon petit vulcan
You're eruptions and disasters
I keep calm
Admiring your lava
I keep calm

Electric shocks
I love them
With you dozen a day
But after a while I wonder
Where's that love you promised me?
Where is it?

How can you offer me love like that?
My heart's burned
How can you offer me love like that?
I'm exhausted
Leave me alone

Possibly maybe, possibly maybe, possibly maybe

Since we broke up
I'm using lipstick again
I suck my tongue
In remembrance of you

Possibly maybe, possibly maybe

GOD

iTedS5OnaWQ8l.gif

Nemesis_

Sistren, get your life to this B O P.

The Presets - No Fun

I mean, shiiiiiiiiit. If I danced, I'd lose myself on the dancefloor to this.

The Presets are starting to make an international splash? I am legitimately surprsied. Their greatest work will always be Apocalypso though. Definitely recommend that album to anyone looking for tracks from them. No Fun is a great step in the right direction, since thier last album was boring as fuck. :(

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

This is nice, I may get ha album

The Presets are starting to make an international splash? I am legitimately surprsied. Their greatest work will always be Apocalypso though. Definitely recommend that album to anyone looking for tracks from them. No Fun is a great step in the right direction, since thier last album was boring as fuck. :(

I remember you playing them in plug ages ago and I downloaded a bunch of their stuff only to delete all but two tracks
Still here for Kicking and Screaming and especially My People though

How drunk were you at the time? That can make all the difference.

But Come & Get It is great even while sober.

Oh I was drunk alright. :)

But not enough to make me like everything. We Can't Stop from Miley came on, and I was just reminded how utterly depressing and undynamic this "party song" is. But then Come And Get It came on, and fuuuuu.....

Mmm, this is OK. It's inoffensive, at least. I love the song, not sure whether it's enough for her to take America by storm but hoping for the best.

Lyrics to MESSIAH, which may be the lead single off of Madonna's next album.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Here for the next spiritual album in the Like a Prayer and Ray of Light vein. Bring us your Kabbalah wisdom, o wise woman.

(iconic avatar change sis *.*)

Bye this ends lives. I need to get my coins ready for August 5th when Jesus will rise again for purchase.

I think Generic House Queen Kiesza released an EP in America today, nothing on the UK store but feel free to try your luck if she's your thing.

Mumei

iDPZPMWPGTMEx.gif

iTedS5OnaWQ8l.gif

i3McG0V9bn35J.gif

ibhxhjHQ7LOYqg.GIF

iKabIh0lvTODM.gif

I'm also LTTP on this track, which I have proceeded to wear the [e f f
e
] out.

JoJo is amazing and her new album needs to come out already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom