• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

Currently listening to Duffy's Rockferry and thinking how it's a much better Ultraviolence than Lana's.

Rockferry is mellow and vintage, but also very diverse and very good.

I'm still very pressed about Ultraviolence. It's so boring.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I'm in a 90's mood today!

A deeper, a deeper, a deeper shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaade of looooooooove ♫ ♫
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOMU6jcB-TU

Finally, it has happened to me, right in front, of my face, and I just, cannot hiiiiiide it ♫ ♫
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk8mm1Qmt-Y

giphy.gif

Lawd I miss the 90's :*(

Mau ®;122290051 said:
I wanna get sexed up by Diplo tbh

noooooo....Love yourself Mau! Have you seen the toilet pic??? D:

image.php

Grizzo, I keep meaning to say it but I keep forgetting!
With your adorable username combined with the PERFECTLY in sync and equally adorable avatar to match, you have my favorite username/avatar comination on GAF! :D slay a bit Grizz' <3
I'm also partial to Vazduh's duck with a cig avi <3
and Soulscribe's real pic ;) ^_^

Trigger

Currently listening to Duffy's Rockferry and thinking how it's a much better Ultraviolence than Lana's.

And sad. Too many of the tracks on Ultraviolence are a total buzzkill.

Who needs Maxwell? Perk your ears at Luke James and buy his debut album this fall while you're at it.

Watch him annihilate Brandy. Watch him eyefuck a ho.

1372944890000-AP-Beyonce---Mrs-Carter-World-Tour-Day-2-1307040938_x-large.jpg

lordT I'd let him beat it up so raw

*swoon*

EDIT: Speaking of fine-ass brothers, the harmonized countdown at the beginning of the track would like a word with every single boyband ever.

LUKE JAMES IS AMAZING!

*Chilled with him multiple times... Luke James' talent is REAL!

*told him to do a song with JoJo!!

Mau ®

Mhmmm.

Duffy's Rockferry is very much a superior Ultraviolence. I kinda forgot about Duffy. Didn't her last alberm sell on "Paula" levels but in 2010. Nnnnnnn

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Trash
And dont the wanted have a song called that?

Majmun

Mau ®;122321104 said:
Mhmmm.

Duffy's Rockferry is very much a superior Ultraviolence. I kinda forgot about Duffy. Didn't her last alberm sell on "Paula" levels but in 2010. Nnnnnnn

Nnn yeah. The flopping was severe. Deservingly so. The album was hot trash.

Grizzo

Grizzo, I keep meaning to say it but I keep forgetting!
With your adorable username combined with the PERFECTLY in sync and equally adorable avatar to match, you have my favorite username/avatar comination on GAF! :D slay a bit Grizz' <3
I'm also partial to Vazduh's duck with a cig avi <3
and Soulscribe's real pic ;) ^_^

that's so sweet of you alex <<<333

76985-rihanna-kiss-gif-7C5e.gif

Grizzo is the name of the character in my avi. He's an enemy in the Kirby series, but not really impressive, you almost feel guilty when you kill him. I have different pics of him, right now I'm using the "angry" one :D

Applause is still so good. A fitting end to Gaga's career.

iplr9vZuGy9mu.gif

Slowly becoming one of my favorite Gaga songs period.

I always get some life whenever someone channels Bowie's vocal style. Plus the song is super campy and self-aware and sarcastic. A Soulscribe tea

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
not gonna lie, i like artpop more than born this way. artpop has applause and venus, but the only btw song i like is edge of glory.

Edge of Glory is amazing and one of my very faves, but you don't like Heavy Metal Lover????

Slowly becoming one of my favorite Gaga songs period.

I always get some life whenever someone channels Bowie's vocal style. Plus the song is super campy and self-aware and sarcastic. A Soulscribe tea

I actually HATE Applause. Gaga's whole era started off on the wrong foot by releasing that steaming pile of shit as the lead single. I'd even take the non-single trash from "The Fame" before I would take Applause, it is not on my playlist.
The lead single SHOULD have been Venus! It was fun to sing along to, dance to, and had her trademark quirk and was different than anything on the radio. Then followed it up with G.U.Y. or Gypsy and she could have had a solid era.

that's so sweet of you alex <<<333

76985-rihanna-kiss-gif-7C5e.gif

Grizzo is the name of the character in my avi. He's an enemy in the Kirby series, but not really impressive, you almost feel guilty when you kill him. I have different pics of him, right now I'm using the "angry" one :D

OMG! How did I not realize this??? I LOOOOOVE the Kirby series, played every one starting from Dream Land on the old toaster Game Boy all the way up to Triple Deluxe <3 I thought the bear looked familiar but couldn't place it!
LOOOOOOOOL AND I WAS WONDERING if you changed the pic, I was confused as to why the cute bear had angry eye-brows atm!!!! You totally North-America-box-arted him :p XD

The best-selling PC game of all-time, The Sims 2 (now bundled with all its expansion/stuff packs), is available for free from EA's Origin service until the end of July.

Download today, and relive a true classic experience. It's funny to think of a world pre-the entire modern pop landscape. It seems like tons of stars have risen in the past decade.

i3ohrfskuhdIl.gif

(Also Venus is the best song on Artpop and the only song I use from HRH the Lady Gaga post-Fame Monster poor dat)

The Lord was announced to be performing at the iHeartRadio Festival on Sept. 19. Which means we're going to get new music very soon.

Playtime's over.

iBSsstARydqFS.gif

Mau ®

The Lord was announced to be performing at the iHeartRadio Festival on Sept. 19. Which means we're going to get new music very soon.

Playtime's over.

iBSsstARydqFS.gif

oishcviusewhgdvyedgfcjews

OMG!!!!

That means the single must be dropping in August, if she's aiming for another October release.

YAS!

Grizzo

The best-selling PC game of all-time, The Sims 2 (now bundled with all its expansion/stuff packs), is available for free from EA's Origin service until the end of July.

is the Mac version also available for free?

fake edit: Okay I just checked that out, actually they just offer you The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection only if you already own the digital version of Sims 2 :(

edit: okay wait no you're right, now I'm confused

edit 2 : well I downloaded Orign, launched it and...... the offer is not available for Mac :( what a dumb decision on EA's part

OMG! How did I not realize this??? I LOOOOOVE the Kirby series, played every one starting from Dream Land on the old toaster Game Boy all the way up to Triple Deluxe <3 I thought the bear looked familiar but couldn't place it!
LOOOOOOOOL AND I WAS WONDERING if you changed the pic, I was confused as to why the cute bear had angry eye-brows atm!!!! You totally North-America-box-arted him :p XD

hehe, you'right, I changed it! I have several Grizzo avis, I'm switching between them according to my mood
I'm not really angry but I felt like it was time to bring back the fierce one :D

Haven't listened to Ultraviolence, but Rockferry is vintage and very soulful in some cases as well. I don't know if the same can be said about Lana, at least based on my listening to her first album. Also Rockferry is fantastic and it saddens me that Duffy kind of fell off the face of the planet afterwards.

Hanging on too Long
is great

I actually HATE Applause. Gaga's whole era started off on the wrong foot by releasing that steaming pile of shit as the lead single. I'd even take the non-single trash from "The Fame" before I would take Applause, it is not on my playlist.
The lead single SHOULD have been Venus! It was fun to sing along to, dance to, and had her trademark quirk and was different than anything on the radio. Then followed it up with G.U.Y. or Gypsy and she could have had a solid era.

I get that, it's weird how I went from being really critical of Applause (even calling it an MDNA B-Side on here when I first heard it) to slowly getting into the jist of it to now feeling every mark and quirk when it comes on. To be fair, it did take me time and determination to like it since it was the only ARTPOP song we had at the time (excluding Aura), and there were enough Gaga tropes in the song to carry me over to the other characteristics. I do think the song undershoots a LOT, and could have really used a killer bridge (like some sort of instructional passage about clapping, or a monologue about her career thus far, I dunno).

I think the reason why I take a likeness to it compared to most of ARTPOP is because it's one of the few songs on that album where she actually had SOMETHING TO SAY. So much of ARTPOP is all aesthetic and imagery and smoke and mirrors but without any real commentary or even purpose. Applause was a direct address to her fans, her critics and her career.

It's obvious that Venus should have been the first single and it would have likely been huge. I honestly don't think any other song on ARTPOP could have changed her prospects much, even for songs that seem like they're easy sells like Gypsy. G.U.Y had a lot of potential to turn heads and it became the least successful release of Gaga's career. She doomed herself before Applause even came out.

cory64

Mau ®;122348407 said:
oishcviusewhgdvyedgfcjews

OMG!!!!

That means the single must be dropping in August, if she's aiming for another October release.

YAS!
Taylor vs Rih. PurrchedT
Should be much bloodier than Katy vs Gaga.

cory64

Let's all rihmember that RiRi doesn't really do first-week sales with singles. Has to be higher than Applause tho, or it's a flop.

Majmun

Haven't listened to Ultraviolence, but Rockferry is vintage and very soulful in some cases as well. I don't know if the same can be said about Lana, at least based on my listening to her first album. Also Rockferry is fantastic and it saddens me that Duffy kind of fell off the face of the planet afterwards.

Hanging on too Long
is great

I remember when Rockferry came out. It was around the time when Amy Winehouse was a big star and Adele's first record came out. I didn't expect much from it because I was already slain by Back to Black and 19 and I saw Duffy as a product of the white female soul singers hype set by Amy at that time.

But the album ended up slaying me as well. There are so many good tracks.

I'm was so sad that her second album turned out to be such uninspiring shit. Duffy has so much potential. She needs to hire Lana's producers, or something. There are many people out there that hate her voice btw, but I really love it.

Touchdown

Banned
Mau ®;122359045 said:
I don't think Tay and Rih go for the same piece of the pie tbh.

LBR Rih will be probably be urban. Tay is supposedly going full pop.

Yeah it's not fair to pit them against each other. Tay will have the bigger sales because of country music fans even though she's going even more pop. Once you're considered one of them they will all always support you just like their singular support of Fox News in a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom