• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

Wait... why are you leaving this thread? o_O I didn't get the impression that POPGAF had a low opinion of you, where did you get that?

tumblr_mrpg6jh2u11sc7qdbo1_500.gif

Neither did I. And I did not think that Fey post was even directed towards him; I'm a bit confused on what the issue was with that specific post. But we certainly have posters who could stand to turn off the act once in awhile - Gravelord_Nito, that post you just made would have been a great time to turn it off. It's like some of you don't really know the difference between the sort of repartee that is enjoyable and light-hearted, and stuff that is ultimately mean and helps to drive people from the thread. If he thinks that you guys have a low opinion of him, maybe you could try adjusting how you respond to him or at least clarifying how you intend your posts to come across.

Ummm.... I don't think Fey is actually Canadian BB, he was making fun of us :(
(never seen Fey posting in such an exaggerated style so I should have clued in right away)

you know what, from some of this back-handed kind of stuff lately I know most of POPGAF has a low opinion of me. That's fine, I've enjoyed most of my time here and discovered some great new music (and hopefully provided some as well, I tried at least!), but don't worry I won't be bothering you guys anymore
(hope I see you in other threads Grizzo, BB and Vazduh <3 <3 )

I... Whoops.. I had no idea.. I'm sorry ;___;

WAIT WHAT. NOOOOOOO ;___; Don't go!!!! ;___; Pretty please?!?! </3

Gravelord_Nito, that post you just made would have been a great time to turn it off. It's like some of you don't really know the difference between the sort of repartee that is enjoyable and light-hearted, and stuff that is ultimately mean and helps to drive people from the thread. If he thinks that you guys have a low opinion of him, maybe you could try adjusting how you respond to him or at least clarifying how you intend your posts to come across.

Yep. :/. In fact, your whole post in general was brilliant, Mumei o_o.

royalan

I am so confused right now.

I like Alex.

I didn't get the impression that people didn't like Alex...

Alex, sis, you're a PopGAFer. It's in your blood. And that means you can't be afraid to clapback on these hoes every now and then. Like, straight-up:

pibnYDI.gif

Mumei

I like Alex.

Alex, sis, you're a PopGAFer. It's in your blood. And that means you can't be afraid to clapback on these hoes every now and then. Like, straight-up:

pibnYDI.gif

You better stan the best Pink Ranger. My fave in the original series.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

I like Alex.

pibnYDI.gif

Cosigned tbh
No idea where the good sis got the idea that people didn't like him
Such flawless taste too

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
She looks like Dany's
ugly
sister

GOOD NEW MUSIC OF THE DAY: Shura - Just Once

And god, all my Halcyon memories are coming back now. I remember listening to the snippets way tew much and then being slightly underwhelmed with the album initially. But I grew to love it.

Have you heard The Ending? It was relegated to a bonus track on a UK-exclusive special edition of Halcyon, I think. Some kind of convoluted record label fuckery. It's a beautiful song, it's absolutely tragic that it never got put on the Halcyon Days re-release in the way the Madeon track did.

Also, apparently the producer on Flashlight is planning on reworking it and releasing it as a single this September, so soon Ellie's vocals will be on the radio again.

Of course Bright Lights is better, the opening five tracks are everything.

The Lord, her generosity

Compare and contrast:

The Lord, gracious and giving:
BtabMw2CcAAIlOl.jpg:large

Versus an overbearing, patronising little troll mocking the afflicted with a 'pinkie promise':
BQhd-YKCcAA_qBj.png:large

It's situations like these where you can tell the truly good people from those who dare to be sanctimonious towards those in difficult life situations. Despicable.

http://instagram.com/p/q5WdCcQdiP/

When will your flop faves rule the seven kingdoms?

When will your flop fave actually sell enough of anything to get out of her bedsit?
6uHWP.gif

Compare and contrast:

The Lord, gracious and giving:
BtabMw2CcAAIlOl.jpg:large

Versus an overbearing, patronising little troll mocking the afflicted with a 'pinkie promise':
BQhd-YKCcAA_qBj.png:large

It's situations like these where you can tell the truly good people from those who dare to be sanctimonious towards those in difficult life situations. Despicable.

RIGHT? I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that.

Grimes' "Go" is still so damn good.

In love, give it up
When I go, can I go with you, you
When I go, can I go with...
Go, can I go with
You

jbc2P0aCTfehc3_e.jpg

you know what, from some of this back-handed kind of stuff lately I know most of POPGAF has a low opinion of me. That's fine, I've enjoyed most of my time here and discovered some great new music (and hopefully provided some as well, I tried at least!), but don't worry I won't be bothering you guys anymore
I don't post here much anymore, but I always thought you were awesome sis. :)

Grizzo

aw come on now, don't leave! Your posts are always so enthusiastic and breezy! <3

you know, I kinda feel lost in this thread sometimes too but I accept the fact that it's due to me being a newbie here

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Gravelord_Nito, that post you just made would have been a great time to turn it off. It's like some of you don't really know the difference between the sort of repartee that is enjoyable and light-hearted, and stuff that is ultimately mean and helps to drive people from the thread. If he thinks that you guys have a low opinion of him, maybe you could try adjusting how you respond to him or at least clarifying how you intend your posts to come across.

I do not need to be nice if he wasn't nice to me. Sorry if I'm unfiltered.

I might be rude/harsh but I'm not a hypocrite. More rude things have been said by others on other occasions and I haven't seen you said anything back on those times.

I bought "Soul Of A Woman" off of the strength of it's lead single, "Friend Of Mine," and because I remember seeing Kelly backing up Mariah, so I figured, "Why not?" By the time I got to the end of the opening interlude, I knew I'd made a good purchase. "Soul Of A Woman" gave me everything I wanted
(except the beginning of the end of Ronald Isley's career with that Mr Biggs BS they drug our way too long and R. Kelly)
at the time, and more. I swear this album doesn't have any skippable track
(except for the requisite gospel track and the aformentioned Isley/R. Kelly abortion
) And Ms. Price can [B L O W]. Get into it, dear chirrens.

Regretfully, I didn't keep up with her career, post debut. I hope all is well with her.

i9wybl1GOwE0R.jpg

***"Don't Go Away (Interlude)"
***"Friend of Mine"
"Secret Love"
***"Don't Say Goodbye"
***"Kiss Test" - Not on FlopTube #WHY?!
"Soul of a Woman"
"You Complete Me"
"Soul of a Woman (Interlude)"
***"Her"
"Your Love" - Not on FlopTube
***"Take Me to a Dream"
"Lord of All"
"Friend of Mine (Remix)"

Bonus Track:
***"The Lullaby"
***"You Should Have Told Me"
-----------------------------------
Dionne Farris used to sing hooks for a rap group called Arrested Development, and she was pretty good at it. She went solo and dropped, "I Know" which was equal parts slay and annoying. But mostly SLAY. Anywho, I had no intention of copping the album until one day when I was flipping past the local Fox affiliate when New York Undercover was on. Now, I've never watched the show, but to my understanding they had weekly music guests in the bar the cops chilled in after solving the big case of the week. Just so happened that the week I was channel flipping, Dionne Farris was the musical guest. Mrs. Farris was slaying a track called "Passion" and I was here for it. So much so that I copped her debut album without haste.

To my suprise the album was a slay from end to end. Please make your acquaintance with the oh so talented, Dionne Farris. (not really R&B, in case you were wondering)
ib1vZOA9yAkMnq.jpg

***"I Know"
"Reality"
***"Stop to Think"
***"Passion"
***"Food for Thought"
"Now Or Later"
***"Don't Ever Touch Me (Again)"
"11th Hour"
"Water"
***"Blackbird"
"Old Ladies"
"Human"
"Find Your Way"
"The Audition" (skit)
"I Know"

-----------------------------
Props to AyaisMUsikWhore for reminding me of a past fave of mine who got lost in the sea of time. Until I made this post, I had forgotten how much I used to wear out Faith Evans' debut album. I remembered it slaying partially, (Soon As I Get Home, is a classic) but damnit if while getting these links, it was just slay after slay after slay after YAAAS. Lol. Faith's debut was/is everything. Do yourself a favor.

ibh1fuGVQpazD3.jpg

"Faith (Interlude)"
***"No Other Love"
"Fallin' in Love"
"Ain't Nobody"
"You Are My Joy (Interlude)"
"Love Don't Live Here Anymore"
***"Come Over"
***"Soon As I Get Home"
***"All This Love"
"Thank You Lord (Interlude)"
***"You Used to Love Me"
"Give It to Me"
"You Don't Understand"
"Don't Be Afraid"
"Reasons" (Bonus Track)

Bonus Tracks:
***"Burnin Up"
***"Love Like This"
***"You Gets No Love"

-------------------------------
For some reason, Sheryl Crow gets dust... like everywhere. And I don't get it. All you Swifties and Twainies should be all over her. Girls got the goods. As you can see from the compiled list, she's got songs for DAYSSSS. I've been in love with Sheryl since her debut, but her 3rd album is my absolute fave. Again, end to end non stop slayage.

Be blown away, babies.

iVGq1bkyw64YG.jpg

"My Favorite Mistake"
"There Goes the Neighborhood"
***"Riverwide"
"It Don't Hurt"
"Maybe That's Something"
"Am I Getting Through (Part I & II)"
"Anything but Down"
"The Difficult Kind"
"Mississippi"
"Members Only"
***"Crash and Burn"

Bonus Tracks:
"Strong Enough"
"No One Said It Would Be Easy"
"What I Can Do for You"
***"All I Wanna Do"
***"We Do What We Can"
***"I Shall Believe"
"A Change Would Do You Good"
***"Home"
"If It Makes You Happy"
***"Redemption Day"
"Steve McQueen"
***"Safe and Sound"
***"Weather Channel"
"Tomorrow Never Dies"

Seriously, I love your posts! That's crazy because I was just thinking of Kelly Price yesterday and I didn't have to weight! And I see one of my predictions came true! Rob doing God's work. Bookmarked
tumblr_m2lji2Gib81qgcra2o1_500.gif

(never seen Fey posting in such an exaggerated style so I should have clued in right away)

What is going on sis :(? Don't go, please. I don't even know what took place but don't do it. I love ya (even more now that you blessed me with the song I have been searching for :D). Don't let the shade bother you.

I didn't know Janet was this supportive of her father considering what he did to them back in the days. But its good that she honors thy mother and father.

I might be rude/harsh but I'm not a hypocrite. More rude things have been said by others on other occasions and I haven't seen you said anything back on those times.
You state that as if it's fact.

Messy, sistren. Messy.

Fey

Banned

mhess mhess mhess, I am Canadian. The "im done" wasn't a shady "im done" - more of a screaming "im done" because both of you didn't note the exaggerated post at first. :p Both of you have an adorable posting style. Don't leave on account of me, I've already let you know that I like you! And believe me, I'd probably let you know if I didn't!

Grizzo

itYEXCHarsBUF.gif

Can y'all cut it with the subliminal. This is how we get into this shit.

Save the reading for my flop-ass faves.

FTFY, sis.

In other news. P has tweeted someone doing a cover of one of his more iconic songs. Since she is more pretty than she is talented, I figured y'all would like her.
BtdTohDCcAApPLF.jpg

The Beautiful Ones
lol there aren't any vile POP-GAF members.

Oh Trig sis, you gotta see em outside of gaf to catch em in rare form.

Touchdown

Banned

Don't go! You've been a breath of fresh air in this thread. You're great!! Not sure what happened but it was probably a misunderstanding most likely. :/ I got your back. <3 The amount of shade I ignore..... Do like I do and come through like

tumblr_inline_n2x74ipjzs1qhg0kw.gif

And on a not so much dissimilar note, today might not be the best day to put a mic in front of my face....

tumblr_mbrepf9OJK1rnex64.gif

Alex, I hope you don't end up leaving this community because you have a great energy about you and it's a unique one. The tone in here can get excessive, which is why I go through bouts of absence myself, but I still end up coming back because everything is still in good fun. Hope you don't take things too seriously around here because at the end of the day no one here knows you on a personal, intimate level (and vice versa), so there's no reason for anyone to not "like you" in an actual substantive way. So I hope you take it all in jest, and that you keep posting about your immaculate taste while throwing some fun shade wherever you see fit. Some of the heffers in here deserve it. I'm always on your team. :)

Have you heard The Ending? It was relegated to a bonus track on a UK-exclusive special edition of Halcyon, I think. Some kind of convoluted record label fuckery. It's a beautiful song, it's absolutely tragic that it never got put on the Halcyon Days re-release in the way the Madeon track did.

Also, apparently the producer on Flashlight is planning on reworking it and releasing it as a single this September, so soon Ellie's vocals will be on the radio again.

Of course Bright Lights is better, the opening five tracks are everything.

The Ending is one of my faves. A tragic mess it was relegated to that status because it shits on a lot of the main album.

And here for Flashlight as a single. I think it's one of her weaker tracks. But its catchiness cannot be denied. Curious to hear how it will be reworked.

And finally, someone else who's willing to spill the tea about Bright Lights. Such a great album. I still revisit it so often. Human, Animal, and Wish I Stayed are my trinity.

Alex, I hope you don't end up leaving this community because you have a great energy about you and it's a unique one. The tone in here can get excessive, which is why I go through bouts of absence myself, but I still end up coming back because everything is still in good fun. Hope you don't take things too seriously around here because at the end of the day no one here knows you on a personal, intimate level (and vice versa), so there's no reason for anyone to not "like you" in an actual substantive way. So I hope you take it all in jest, and that you keep posting about your immaculate taste while throwing some fun shade wherever you see fit. Some of the heffers in here deserve it. I'm always on your team. :)
Well... aren't you nice.
iqty57ARqoxp4.gif

:)

Mau ®

There was an hour long Rihanna megamix at my boxing training today.
Yes I'm aware of the implied shade STFU

Where Have You Been is such a cardio JAM.

But on the low side the S&M Rihmix featuring Shitney & Russian Roulette were played back to back. TRASH.

cory64

Mau ®;122763997 said:
There was an hour long Rihanna megamix at my boxing training today.
Yes I'm aware of the implied shade STFU

Where Have You Been is such a cardio JAM.

But on the low side the S&M Rihmix featuring Shitney & Russian Roulette were played back to back. TRASH.

stan for breezy

It's people like you that made me afraid to come to PopGAF to begin with. :3. You can at least make a little effort to be nice once in a while. That would be so nice :)!

Or at least have a heart of the human variety. If someone's feelings are hurt, maybe don't rub more salt in the wound and ask how we can make it up to them instead? <3 it's the right thing to do. And I hate to break it to you, but some people are more sensitive than others. that's just how it is, and if something that normally doesn't bother you happens to bother someone else, it's our job as a COMMUNITY to set it right.

Well.. That's my opinion, anyway :3

It's people like you that made me afraid to come to PopGAF to begin with. :3. You can at least make a little effort to be nice once in a while. That would be so nice :)!

Or at least have a heart of the human variety. If someone's feelings are hurt, maybe don't rub more salt in the wound and ask how we can make it up to them instead? <3 it's the right thing to do. And I hate to break it to you, but some people are more sensitive than others. that's just how it is, and if something that normally doesn't bother you happens to bother someone else, it's our job as a COMMUNITY to set it right.

iSz4N1l9r7MEO.gif

Touchdown

Banned

Sis, you deserve one of Cory's awards for this I do believe.

i7YCLuSwB2coa.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Yet I was rather nice to you on the LGBThread and Skype. If you are a nice guy with me I wont treat you like crap simple as that. I don't give a shit what any of you think of me cause I simply was giving the same treatment he was giving to me in the thread. You can say i'm bitter or I should get better why don't you first try treating each other better before telling me how to treat others. You girls are rather hypocritical when it comes to it cause you have been messy against other people and yet here you are coming at me. Look your mugs in the mirror before pointing fingers and a happy rainbow sugar neighborhood this ain't.

I'm not sorry about what I said earlier and I'm not sorry about what I said now. Mumei sent me a message before for being sensible over stuff and banned me but now is telling me there is people who react in different ways to the way people talk. Yet he didnt say anything when someone was making fun of me with welfare , calling me broke or making comments of my mental health. You girls like choosing what to see but don't wanna see the whole wide picture completely. Keep being delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom