• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
has JLO been relevant at ALL since On The Floor?
"Dance Again" and "I Luh Ya Pinga" did pretty well.

Unless you count Beyonce (who didn't go solo until last decade), then JLo's the only one left of the 90s divas who can actually chart.

She's despereaux, but you can't come for her longevity or relevance.

EDIT: In the meantime, while your nubile loins ponder what the 90s was like, check out Christian contemporary artist Katy Hudson's latest album PRISM, now available for the price of free.

That Katy sure knows the value of her merchandise.

A Gaga fan has said that Gaga is considering bringing back the BTWB for two nights in London
I'm crying I know it's probably a rumour but the BTWB >>>>>> every other live show + everything she's done

A Gaga fan has said that Gaga is considering bringing back the BTWB for two nights in London
I'm crying I know it's probably a rumour but the BTWB >>>>>> every other live show + everything she's done

Wait is this actually true? How much are flights to London.

Am I the only one who thinks that ARTPOP (the song) would have worked better as a ballad? I'm imagining the chorus as this soaring, dramatic wonder with strings for the "ee-ee-ee" part and heavy percussion for the verses.

oh well~

Am I the only one who thinks that ARTPOP (the song) would have worked better as a ballad? I'm imagining the chorus as this soaring, dramatic wonder with strings for the "ee-ee-ee" part and heavy percussion for the verses.

oh well~

I've actually thought about this as well. She's done a few acoustic piano versions of it, and my head just starts arranging :p. Although I don't really mind the song the way it is, I do also think it would probably make a stronger ballad.

ARTPOP is one of the few songs on the alber where she actually nailed the production tho
I'm not saying it's bad, but it leaves my nether regions cold and dry.

The melody just works better for a ballad, not grunge-y cyperbunk, and would sell the rather romantic theme of the song much better.

OK, that's enough thinking about Lady Gaga for now~

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm not saying it's bad, but it leaves my nether regions cold and dry.

The melody just works better for a ballad, not grunge-y cyperbunk, and would sell the rather romantic theme of the song much better.

OK, that's enough thinking about Lady Gaga for now~

Grungey? I don't know where you got that from. The production is channeling Debbie Harry/Blondie ice-queen realness.

What is POPGAF's opinion on Lowell? Her debut album is coming out on the 19th of September, I'm not one to listen to much pop music, but everything I've heard from the album so far is pointing to it being one of my favourite albums of the year (click album cover for Soundcloud with 7 tracks) :

Videos:
Lowell - The Bells
Lowell - 88

Latest track released from the album:
Lowell - LGBT

Opinions please! Haven't seen her getting much exposure anywhere really on the Internet apart from some indie music websites... But I think she's going to be huge

cory64

By grunge-y I meant kind of dirty, grimy.

When I think "ice queen realness" I think Donna Summer, or (within Gaga's discography) songs like Heavy Metal Lover.

...Heavy Metal Lover, ice queen?

imCKPtwblKAyB.gif

her tone maybe, but the song itself does NOT serve that at all

Yeah I can actually see that.

Wah. I love The Fame (and Fame Monster) so much. I was reminiscing on it when I was on vacation. Dance in the Dark and Paparazzi give me life <3

Oh god and her VMA performance in 2009 <3333. I wasn't a fan before watching that.

and then I dressed up in that performance costume for Halloween one year..

What is POPGAF's opinion on Lowell? Her debut album is coming out on the 19th of September, I'm not one to listen to much pop music, but everything I've heard from the album so far is pointing to it being one of my favourite albums of the year (click album cover for Soundcloud with 7 tracks) :

Videos:
Lowell - The Bells
Lowell - 88

Lowell - LGBT

Opinions please! Haven't seen her getting much exposure anywhere really on the Internet apart from some indie music websites... But I think she's going to be huge

I dig it.

Cloud 69 is amazing. Kind of poppy grunge. Perching for her full length.

I just got rly disappointed again reading over what Gaga said about the ARTPOP app. A real disappointment. It bugs me that whenever things she's promised to do don't happen, she refuses to either apologise for them or she blames someone else.

cory64

At this point I am HERE for new Madonna, the queen could sell us the sound of post-fleet dripping through a catheter set to a video of her laser hair removal procedure and it would still be more interesting than a thousand Ariana live performances.

SaintZ

Videos:
Lowell - The Bells
Lowell - 88

Lowell - LGBT

I liked this, thanks for sharing.

I preferred her ballads to her upbeat songs. The only song I did not like at all was 88. It sounded too messy for me.

royalan

At this point I am HERE for new Madonna, the queen could sell us the sound of post-fleet dripping through a catheter set to a video of her laser hair removal procedure and it would still be more interesting than a thousand Ariana live performances.

NAWT THIS DESCRIPTION THO

cory64

Remember when that dire Bruno ballad and that Pink contraption went #1 and Stay didn't and then a year later stations are still playing Stay like it's fresh and dropped the other two months ago?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
that new nicole scherzinger song

i got four seconds into the vocal before i clicked the link to your love

boy your love makes me feel like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom