• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lana Del Rey - Blue Jeans live
Lana Del Rey - West Coast live
The improvements lord.
WR6NZpz.gif

fuck she looks so amazing and flawless FUCK

Vazduh

Yeeeeeeeeees... Boris Kodjoe is so fine! Aside from Milla J, he was the only reason why I was able to finish watching Resident Evil Craptribution.

Vazduh, sis, you might want to edit out that link to the Diplo peen on the last page.

Just don't wanna see you get banned ;_;

Thanks for the warning, sis! :* I removed the link.

Who else but the Heroin Queen?
pSlGFJ5.gif
pSlGFJ5.gif
pSlGFJ5.gif

Speaking of Courtney, is anybody else slightly excited about the Hole reunion? Let us reminisce to their poppiest single.

Give me a recap on recent pop musings and news girls. Ya'll are too fast and post too much. How can someone keep up your asses?

Lana Del Rey has a new single out: West Coast
Lykke Li, too (Gunshot).
Katy Perry (Birthday) and Lady Gaga (G.U.Y.) as well.

That's pretty much it when it comes to the mainstream pop gals. Oh, and Mariah is releasing her album in a few weeks.

Bladenic

Randomly started listening to Bryce Vine as he was under new releases on Spotify. His EP is pretty good, especially Sour Patch Kids. Was gonna post a link but can't find it on YouTube.

Also so happy at Lana's live performances and West Coast success. FML for not getting tickets to see her live. ;(

Aguila

#ICONIC
A Swedish interview about Ultraviolence roughly translated by Google Translate:

Lana Del Rey's face lit up by the glow of the cigarette lighter.
curled up on the patio in her bungalow, swingade legs over the arm of the chair, his hand cupped the flame, leaning her head back, closed his eyes and blowing out the smoke. , it has been hectic day. This weekend's tour premiere at Coachella ("one of the greatest moments of my life") was followed up on Monday with the release of new single West Coast. - There is no obvious single. It has a drive sexy in verse but slow chorus. A knarkigt swing. And I like the lyrics "down at the west coast They got a saying, if you're not drinking then you're not playing." The handler of energy in California, which has become a great inspiration for me. tune is the first sample from the upcoming album "Ultra Violence". Recorded in Nashville and produced by The Black Keys Dan Auerbach wears the Lana Del Rey all the characteristics. Heart and soul. Destructiveness and beauty. A melodic darkness where evocative guitar numbers intermingled with romantic ballads. - Everyone said 'next album has to be bigger and better "after which I replied" no, it needs to be more personal. " There are certain phrases that I know I will get shit for, but that feels very right for me. I sing, for example, "he hit me and it felt like a kiss", a feeling I love. You know when you think it's love, but it's so passionate that it becomes aggressive. It is an attractive quality to me. In a world where everyone is bored, I like people with emotion.

Those lyrics. You in a little danger Lana sis.

Make a space for my body
Dig a hole
Push the sides apart
This is what I'm controlling
It's a mold
The inside that I carve

This will be my monument
This will be a beacon
When I'm gone, gone, gone
When I'm gone, gone, gone
When I'm gone

Still getting my life from a fricken snippet.

cory64

Phil Spector was the ABBA of the sixties, then he started flopping, started playing with guns and eventually shot a bitch.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Girl edit your post to cover my mistake :p

(Though the Nancy Sinatra song is thematically similar)

P.S. AND WHERE THE FUCK IS THE NEXT GEN DOA3.1:ULTIMATE THAT WE ALL DESERVE? I'M OVER THIS DOA5 SHIT

I liked DOA5 but I think its fucking time for them to move on from the game. They are adding more DLC characters no one wants like another fucking Kasumi clone and who knows what else. They should have released more old school stages and classic costumes.

DOA3 Ultimate would slay if they use DOA3.1 but I have a feeling they would fuck it up.

I liked DOA5 but I think its fucking time for them to move on from the game. They are adding more DLC characters no one wants like another fucking Kasumi clone and who knows what else. They should have released more old school stages and classic costumes.

DOA3 Ultimate would slay if they use DOA3.1 but I have a feeling they would fuck it up.
DOA5 is fun and the character redesigns are the best visual upgrade the series could have asked for, but those FUCKING BLAND, COLORLESS STAGES. And that FUCKING DRAB, FORGETTABLE MUSIC.

Ugh. Bland presentation and pervasive aliasing ruined the whole game, and made the incredible character models a moot point. They even sucked the color and personality out of the DOA3 stages they included in DOA5U!

ffs hayashi plz

Vazduh

Stan DOA3 ;_;

Man, team Ninja games in general were fantastic on the original XBOX (even Xtreme Beach Volleyball, IMHO). Not only was the hardware pushed to the max, but every other aspect of the game was top-notch, too.

From what I see, it obviously hasn't been the same ever since Itagaki left :'(

Vazra

DOA5 is fun and the character redesigns are the best visual upgrade the series could have asked for, but those FUCKING BLAND, COLORLESS STAGES. And that FUCKING DRAB, FORGETTABLE MUSIC.

Ugh. Bland presentation and pervasive aliasing ruined the whole game, and made the incredible character models a moot point. They even sucked the color and personality out of the DOA3 stages they included in DOA5U!

ffs hayashi plz

Hopefully Hayashi reads some of that criticism and brings back the colors back. Character models are perfect but bring back the stages colors and fucking pay dust to 80% of the new stages from DOA5.

So this lady just marched into my office in a huff and slammed into the glass window thinking it was an entry-way. I couldn't compose myself and was pretty much laughing in her face for 6 whole minutes. I felt so terrible but I could see her face print on the glass and I couldn't keep it together. lol

Vazra

The new Orange is the New God trailer, crazy Piper is coming.

I saw it and I got my life.

In other news the production of The New Classic so far>>>>>>

I'm gonna love you
Until you hate me
And I'm gonna show you
What's really crazy
You Should've known better
Than to mess with me harder
I'm gonna love you
Like a black widow baby

Iggy and her Dark Horse.
iri4ETtXrFz1j.gif

Lady Patra :biblio:

Vitanimus

You call me up at six, come 'round,
undressing in my house again
Your t-shirt’s on the floor,
yeah we're undressing in my house again
You know just what I like

iri4ETtXrFz1j.gif

Why doesn't Charli XCX get more love on here? True Romance is amazing. By far the best debut of 2013.

Vazra

You call me up at six, come 'round,
undressing in my house again
Your t-shirt’s on the floor,
yeah we're undressing in my house again
You know just what I like

iri4ETtXrFz1j.gif

Why doesn't Charli XCX get more love on here? True Romance is amazing. By far the best debut of 2013.

You missed the little party last year perhaps.

Vazduh

So this lady just marched into my office in a huff and slammed into the glass window thinking it was an entry-way. I couldn't compose myself and was pretty much laughing in her face for 6 whole minutes. I felt so terrible but I could see her face print on the glass and I couldn't keep it together. lol

LMAO

Tbh, I would have laughed, too. Ah, you've just got to love people and their clumsiness...

ujC3723.gif
ml5ULiM.gif

I thought she was well liked here on POPGAF? Yes, it was indeed a great album <3

Just heard the radio edit of Katy's Birthday and it doesn't have the whispered "Happy Birthday" parts, which makes it the superior version now.
pSlGFJ5.gif

In other news...

c4EVTdv.jpg

La Sera (from the now defunct band Vivian Girls) has released her new single, Running Wild. It's a really nice lo-fi indie pop/rock song, plus it's a free download!

For those who are not familiar with her music, here are a few videos (btw, all of these songs are less than 3 minutes long):

La Sera - I Promise You
La Sera - Devils Hearts Grow Gold
La Sera - Never Come Around (NSFW video, comic bloody violence)
La Sera - Please Be My Third Eye

Vazra

ibnrBWq7hUaV2u.png

The album production is punching but Lady Patra sucks and the deluxe songs you can tell they were not meant to be on the album as they break the cohesiveness of the album. Lady Patra now resides on my recycle bin.

kRKnq1r.png

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Vitanimus

I haven't gotten through all the songs yet but I'll post impressions/ratings tomorrow. I'm going out tonight and I've already started predrinking at it's not even 7 here. :( Pray for me.

Nemesis_

Beyonce is clearly shading Chris Brown and Rihanna when she sings "Baby love me lights out" in XO so I don't see why Lana can't sing about it either.

As for Rob, what is his relationship with Lana? I know he is her father, but I noticed they attended a few festivals together and quite frankly I found that a little bit weird >_>

royalan

Beyonce is clearly shading Chris Brown and Rihanna when she sings "Baby love me lights out" in XO so I don't see why Lana can't sing about it either.

As for Rob, what is his relationship with Lana? I know he is her father, but I noticed they attended a few festivals together and quite frankly I found that a little bit weird >_>

iuodshfOIHFVOKHDFVA'OWNHPFVFPONAER

NO YOU DIDN'T

EKUBSILCFBUW;OEUBF;IWEVBF;IWBG;EFUBVILEKBFVEBWUFVIUOWEF

ibnrBWq7hUaV2u.png

The album production is punching but Lady Patra sucks and the deluxe songs you can tell they were not meant to be on the album as they break the cohesiveness of the album. Lady Patra now resides on my recycle bin.

kRKnq1r.png

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Opps, I didn't realize you already posted his tweet.

Aguila

#ICONIC

They are obviously spending some quality family time together, but I think it's been more obvious recently because Chuck (Lana's sister) has been filming a documentary about Lana. Rob + Chuck have been with Lana since the start of ha NA tour. They probably want some screen time together :p

Vazduh

Listening to Iggy's album right now, it's pretty enjoyable so far. Man, who knew that the one-hit wonders once known as Orson (anybody remember this song? ) would get to write and produce most of her album. They're good writers, though, with a solid track record.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

xBeUsPz.gif

I'm listening to Femme Fatale again on a whim and the hooks on this album SLAY. How did BJ follow this :rip:

I agree, Britney's Jeans made Femme Fatale look like an absolute masterpiece in comparison.

Mau ®

Femme Fatale was very well recieved on release IIRC. Most of the attention shifted towards Gaga's Born This Way a few weeks later tho.

Rumors are swirling Shitney will try it with another album this year so she can update her Vegas Show for the second year. Please rihtire sis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom